• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HeartGold hack: Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver English Translation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tudj

HeartGold :P
Years
Yes I must of played something from you as the first part was partially scripted in English.

maplelame

Chemistry final until 24th
Years
  • Seen Jul 8, 2010
okay, I figured out why the game was stalling, it was because I was running NO$GBA with a save type of compressed, i changed it to UnCompressed and it works.

Last edited:

Xeo

Years
The patch is awesome, it translated it, AND helped reduce the freezing, I only got one freeze now after 1 hour though.

Years
how do you get msg.narc from a heart gold rom? i hav thenewpoketext and nds tool but in just creates an empty folder. also if you tell me, i will start translating some overworld dialougue text but use your patch as a base. i'll copy some text from crystal
but translate most of it.

Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Can you tell me what the Soul Silver game ID is after you have patched the game?

Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2009
got a little problem with my heart gold rom
i tried to patch it with the first method, after one hour of waiting nothing happened, so i tried the second method

in my editme file in following: xdelta patch hge_no$.patch hge.nds hge_patched.nds

when i start editme now, a 0kb file is created, but the command box closes after less than one sec and the new file stays at 0kb

what to do?

Kurosaki Ichigo

Flannery's #1 Obsessor
Years
got a little problem with my heart gold rom
i tried to patch it with the first method, after one hour of waiting nothing happened, so i tried the second method

in my editme file in following: xdelta patch hge_no$.patch hge.nds hge_patched.nds

when i start editme now, a 0kb file is created, but the command box closes after less than one sec and the new file stays at 0kb

what to do?
I was having this exact same problem but I found the solution. It turns out that the patch which expects the rom to be a certain file size sees it isn't and therefore doesn't patch it, if you got your rom was RomFreaks or something like that where the file size is less than 128 mb it won't work, if you download it from Romulation where it is 128 mb, it patches fine. ^^

EDIT: With regards to the no freezing patch, I applied the translation patch for no$ which I use for my M3Real, then the no freeze and it didn't affect the translation patch, so I am hoping it doesn't get the black screen anymore.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 42
  • Seen Sep 26, 2009
If there's a show to go with the game, the show will take a lot longer to translate, and they probably want the show and the game to go hand in hand.
I get less freezing with the first hack you put with it, rather than the arm7 one. I'm using an r4ds with the latest firmware. Well the arm7 one seems to not improve the freezing at all, and the other one pushes it back a lot.

NatureKeeper

But I still prefer to wait and buy Pokémon SoulSilver US for My DS. I am not comfortable with DS ROMs/

Magnius

Pokemon Music Hacking Guru
Years
  • Seen Feb 17, 2014
The script is already ripped, you can find at thenewpoketext download site
My question is, where did he rip it from? I tried ripping from msg.narc and I got different text than in his .xml.

GiantGroudon

I doubled myself now
Years
I got a SuperCard DSOne, and I used the HGE_P file in batch patching. saving and loading again works perfectly, and no freezes until now (playing like 20 minutes)
btw, great work! Hope you finish translating it before the english version leaks! XDDDD

edit: This is a great proof of how copy protection has failed again. I think that the Industry should give up on DRM because there is no real copy protection, because there will be cracks sooner or later for every DRM System.

P.S.: SecuROM sucks!

Last edited:

Kurosaki Ichigo

Flannery's #1 Obsessor
Years
I got a SuperCard DSOne, and I used the HGE_P file in batch patching. saving and loading again works perfectly, and no freezes until now (playing like 20 minutes)
btw, great work! Hope you finish translating it before the english version leaks! XDDDD

edit: This is a great proof of how copy protection has failed again. I think that the Industry should give up on DRM because there is no real copy protection, because there will be cracks sooner or later for every DRM System.

P.S.: SecuROM sucks!
They think if they do it enough it will annoy us to h*ll. Which quite frankly it does, but whatever.

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
It's not the translation nor changes in the game, It's a simple marketing rule.
Japan has get stuff first, Since they're japanese.
But of course. I was referring to the fact that European countries often do not receive localized versions of a game until long after the American version has been released. It goes without saying that Japan gets almost everything first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back