• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Pokémon Helio Version

Which starter would you pick?

• Chamelica - Grass Starter

Votes: 110 26.6%
  • Kittorch - Fire Starter

Votes: 197 47.7%
  • Pireel - Water Starter

Votes: 106 25.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
How long until you release the demo.

that was a little pushy, don't you think?
Especially for someone with 3 posts....

Anyway, I love Mossachuset, Aqua.
(MA is my home state, I'm guessing that's the play on words)
Nice Sprites

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
Warpras, please refrain from spamming the forum, all of your posts which consist only of "Nice game here. Continue like that :)" will be deleted, and you will be warned.

Starrcasm

Game Director, Pokémon Ethereal Gates
Years
So....new screenshot with new sprite :D

Aquakip made us a new Koffing sprite

Kittorch_Vs_Koffing_by_Helio_Version.png

Kittorch vs. Koffing, the first battle you're likely to see in the game. Unless of course you pick Chamelica or Pireel xD

BadSamaritan

Gone Fishin'
Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2023
Looks great, but Palm just looks like Oak with an orange shirt

Yeah, and its not like one has grey hair and one has brown hair, and its not like their pants are different, and its not like they both have a different build as far as muscle mass goes. Just so you know, a SIMILAR face doesn't mean they're the same.

Also, the new screen is nice, but why is there a koffing in a forest?

Years
  • Seen Jul 9, 2011
Yeah, and its not like one has grey hair and one has brown hair, and its not like their pants are different, and its not like they both have a different build as far as muscle mass goes. Just so you know, a SIMILAR face doesn't mean they're the same.

Also, the new screen is nice, but why is there a koffing in a forest?

You're presumably fighting a member of the evil team as your first battle.

BadSamaritan

Gone Fishin'
Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2023
Look at the pictures I dont know, it looks like an edit at best

Ha, and edit at best, thats great. I would however like to know how you "edit" a sprite to something 2 times bigger than it. Plus now I see I wasn't even right about the faces being similar, they're far different given shape, and most notably the eyes, which most people consider the most distinctive part of a face.

Yes, you can say the collar, hand gesture, and belt buckle look similar, but I see nothing here but possibly some referencing. If even, given that most of the professors have that same pose anyways.

Karel_Kazuki

Wants to Learn about PKMN Rmxp
Years
Because that is the wrong Oak youre looking for.

Spoiler:

This is the one he 'edited'.He used the HGSSS one instead of 'that' one in RMXP.

lx_theo

Game Developer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 2, 2013
Ha, and edit at best, thats great. I would however like to know how you "edit" a sprite to something 2 times bigger than it. Plus now I see I wasn't even right about the faces being similar, they're far different given shape, and most notably the eyes, which most people consider the most distinctive part of a face.

Yes, you can say the collar, hand gesture, and belt buckle look similar, but I see nothing here but possibly some referencing. If even, given that most of the professors have that same pose anyways.

Dude, its a blatant edit. The stance is the same. Its a good edit (not great, as it still looks a bit like the original design), but you can tell its an edit of the HGSS Oak through the stance and body shape.

Starrcasm

Game Director, Pokémon Ethereal Gates
Years
Because that is the wrong Oak youre looking for.

Spoiler:

This is the one he 'edited'.He used the HGSSS one instead of 'that' one in RMXP.

Very sharp eyes you have, Karel_Kazuki :D. Yes, it is an edit of the HGSS sprite in question. But give us credit, its not half bad. We had to scrap it together for screens, and we didnt have much time.

MOREOVER, Palm is being re...sprited. His design is much less like Oak's now, but he's still the same...person he was before. So good job on finding us out, all of you. Though I have to say i thought that this controversial Oak/Palm thing should have happened a while ago. xD

BadSamaritan

Gone Fishin'
Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2023
Dude, its a blatant edit. The stance is the same. Its a good edit (not great, as it still looks a bit like the original design), but you can tell its an edit of the HGSS Oak through the stance and body shape.

Well, not exactly my fault. I haven't played the hg/ss games enough to really know what the hg/ss Oak looks like off the top of my head. Plus, my points were valid, he doesn't really look like oak much(not saying there aren't some similarities), and my other point was valid in the sense it WASN'T and edit of the sprite he used for his example. I think you think I was referring to the sprite posted AFTER my post.

lx_theo

Game Developer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 2, 2013
Very sharp eyes you have, Karel_Kazuki :D. Yes, it is an edit of the HGSS sprite in question. But give us credit, its not half bad. We had to scrap it together for screens, and we didnt have much time.

MOREOVER, Palm is being re...sprited. His design is much less like Oak's now, but he's still the same...person he was before. So good job on finding us out, all of you. Though I have to say i thought that this controversial Oak/Palm thing should have happened a while ago. xD

lol, perhaps it should have. It seemed like a minor, even though obvious concern to me, so thats why I never bothered saying anything about it.

Well, not exactly my fault. I haven't played the hg/ss games enough to really know what the hg/ss Oak looks like off the top of my head. Plus, my points were valid, he doesn't really look like oak much(not saying there aren't some similarities), and my other point was valid in the sense it WASN'T and edit of the sprite he used for his example. I think you think I was referring to the sprite posted AFTER my post.

True, but you were never defending the argument that it was an edit of a specific sprite, considering it began before and carried on before he posted that first one. But really, like I said above, minor concern, not really worthy of this much discussion. And its being revamped anyways.

lx_theo

Game Developer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 2, 2013
Sorry But Unless Your heroine is well You Know Yor Heroine Wouldn't be in love with another Female it's just not right you should change your backstory a bit oh and I'm not tryig to be rude, insult you just giving constructive critisisme.

Sorry, but grammar and spelling please. Though, homophobe much? Probably not, but perhaps from a PR point of view, keeping it as interchangeable boy or girl for the crush would apply to a larger audience (which I sort of assumed upon reading the plot), though its hard to take that as an implication with such a blunt statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back