• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Map Showcase and Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Thanks for the feedback.
About the rocks, my idea was of a broken off cliff. a sort of forgotten piece of a rock avalanche. Maybe the rocks are a bit to big.

About the grass in Pallet Town, I just made it on my memory and I remember professor Oak rushing from the village that why I added it their. I can fix it when it becomes a problem.

Are the different trees a good idea? It gives a more realistic view imho
The rock comment was on the wrong paragraph, you can disregard that. I meant the area under Route 1 in the map post above yours. Just corrected that.

Cyclone

Years
  • Seen Apr 28, 2013
shadowriver: you might want to use a name other than Pinwheel Forest. After all, that's in Unova. The rock area in Route 1 below makes no sense with trees on either side. Also, you can put all four maps in one file if you want; just manually expand the trees. I'm doing a project like that right now on an existing hack. :)

I must have read your mind cause i had already fixed the rock area,replaced it with trees, before you posted lol.
and thanx for telling me bout the name i had no idear about that since i havent plaayed black or white yet.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I must have read your mind cause i had already fixed the rock area,replaced it with trees, before you posted lol.
and thanx for telling me bout the name i had no idear about that since i havent plaayed black or white yet.
If you want to know names to avoid, in that case, here's a list:

Spoiler:

And that's the maingame, I'm not in the eastern side of Unova yet (still a little weak and will likely wander in Route 11 grass and hunt Audinos), though the E4 and Ghetsis have fallen. I do know Abyssal Ruin(s) and Giant Chasm are over there.

Cyclone

Prof Oakley

JourneyofPossibilities Creator
Years
Spoiler:

I'm making a game with a sort of unique approach to it (although it sadly is like Pokemon Island, if you played that). This is where the wild pokemon would be and a few trainers, much like a route in official games. I don't know if I should have a closed off area like on the left with stairs to get to the next floor, either up or down, or if I should have them all connected together on one giant floor (it would have more than one connecting pathway like shown, I just wanted a visual example).

Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2012
Not sure what you mean Oakley.. They look almost the same to me

Viridian city
Spoiler:

Any comments?

Prof Oakley

Years
It's the same map, that's why it looks the same. I just don't know if having them all connected and on one floor in a giant map would be good or if I should keep it like the mystery dungeon games and have a ton of floors. The one on the right would be like a Northern edge of one giant map, like the safari zones have different areas.

Yours, Bramvdh, looks amazing. My only issue is that the gym roof is too close to the color of the pokemon center, so on some maps I might get confused if I didn't already know which was which.You also have a trashcan? that is kinda going through the fence in the middle house. I like the different flower colors and tree shades. Other than those minor things it looks great to me! :)

Fire Flyy

metaphysical poet
Years
Bramvdh, your maps are very nice and the nature blends in well with the houses, I especially like the variety in trees. 2 things, though, having the mailbox in front of the blue roofed house in pallet town looks awkward, it would be better to just swap it with the flowers or move it somewhere else. Also, I think it would be beneficial to get more modern, hgss-style tiles, since the kylestyle houses do look a bit old compared to the the newer trees.

Prof Oakley

Years

overall I like this, though the tall grass tiles look a bit off to me. Your mountain edge pieces have a weird bright outline to them that make them look fake and unnatural. I do like the random patches of dirt path and rocks though if a bit blocky.

Spoiler:

okay, keep in mind I haven't added decorative items like benches, trees, shrubs, etc. Nor have I edited some of the edge trees to be different. This is just the overall look of the main city in my game.

RaulCortez

Maybe active...sometimes?
Years
Spoiler:

okay, keep in mind I haven't added decorative items like benches, trees, shrubs, etc. Nor have I edited some of the edge trees to be different. This is just the overall look of the main city in my game.

Hmm...it's way too big. Way too square, and way too empty. Even if you add benches, trees, or anything else i have the feeling it will still feel empty. I suggest making it smaller, and if you need more space make it bigger gradually. That way you'll make sure the map is correctly filled and on its right proportions. Also play with the trees, the shape of the river, the streets and all those things to make it look way more natural. Don't know what's going on there, but i guess it's part of your story. Moving on...

Spoiler:

I have two questions -

How many species do you think i should add to a forest like this? I first had 8 different species in the morning, 8 in the night, and 7 in the day, but i think that's a bit too much...any ideas?

What do you think of this grass? Do you think it fits the map or a Gen 3 grass tile would be better? (It's a gen 3 styled game, btw)

That being said, looking forward to your advice and opinions!

Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2012
@RaulCortez, I have no clue how many species you could put in that size of map but you seem to want a lot.
Everything looks the same color which makes it kinda monetary (not sure if that is the correct word)

Some interiors for Pallet Town, I find them hard to do so I could use some feedback. Thanks In Forward!
Spoiler:

ppooookkkkkkk

Banned
Years
arrhm arrhm if you want to take a picture of your map without some layers being darkend or the event grides just go to view and deselect the option dim other layers wolla you got your self a clear view of your map

Last edited:
Years
i know that but are they print screening & then Editing out everything but the maps or what?

here is one of my maps, Its called the great forest but im more than happy to take better name suggestions

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 19, 2015
Edit:

AIJfF.png

This is the pokemon game I making based around the concept of "each screen fits a map exactly". Every-time you go onto a new screen that "screen" will be discovered and registered on your map. The world will be around 169 of these maps (including cities). However not all maps will be so dense and many will future multiple paths (You will be able to tackle a few gyms in any order you like).

However this is the opening area of my game. The top two screens is the village of Vothamos (some things I'm working on still: Customizing the Professors lab, creating or finding some farm tiles and adding a scarecrow). The gateway leads to the town of Ekali :P

I'm still working on implementing a few things many because I discovered that RPG maker excepts transparency :P So I going to figure out how to do some animated transparent water hopefully xD

Any comments on the map design so far?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 19, 2015
i know that but are they print screening & then Editing out everything but the maps or what?

here is one of my maps, Its called the great forest but im more than happy to take better name suggestions

Spoiler:

Ye print screen, paste and crop it. Just like you did :P It will be very easy to get lost in that map. Its just a series of trees and bushes. Nothing that a player could use for orientation. Add some dirt paths, add some water perhaps, elevate/lower some areas, add unique features or even recolour some trees (I think recolouring the leaves in a few trees is such a good idea that I'm gonna go do it in my own project xD). :P. Its a good start though :-)

Later, if you want to take in-game shots of your game, you can do that by pressing ALT+Printscreen :P

Hi! I'm making maps for Pokenation. Please tell me what you think about them so I can improve them later on.

Holly. Man these are amazing. I like how you re-imagined the classic locations yet you stayed true to the original. I do have a question though... if its an online game... shouldn't you be worried about choke points? Or could players just walk over each other? You potentially have quite a few there. :-)

Last edited:

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
This is only a revamp of a map, but I wanna sdee peoples thoughts on it.
Spoiler:

Revamp of:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Sep 19, 2015
This is only a revamp of a map, but I wanna sdee peoples thoughts on it.
Spoiler:

Well I guess it makes more sense, then the old one. But since your making it more sense-full, why dont you make the gap between the ledges the length of the whole path?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back