• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokémon Infernal Red / Natural Green

How many Gyms should the first demo go up to?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 4 21.1%

Votes: 4 21.1%

Votes: 11 57.9%

• Total voters

crispybacon1234

Pokémon IR/NG Dev
Years
That is all I needed to know. I'm sure some people will catch on. Have you thought about this project for a while?

Yeah, I've considered it for a while. I want to finish working on Infernal Red and Natural Green's main story before moving on to anything else though.

That would be awesome!

and how about different color skins for red? For example, blue cap and jacket instead of red color. It's just default skins, not customization.

I've had colour variations and alternate outfits prepared for a few months now, but I haven't implemented them yet because I want to prepare all the other sprites first (e.g. Surfing sprite for the next demo).

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 22, 2016
ok, another suggestion:

how about adding more options of Pokemon on routes? (poliwag/goldeen on route 5, rhyhorn in digglett tunnel, etc.)

Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Jan 17, 2017
I just tried the game for the first time last night. I'm really enjoying it so far. Keep up the good work. :)

Years
  • Seen Oct 20, 2021
Could it be possible to change a pokemon's nature in the future. I found out that a good way if earning cash is thief farming mushrooms.

Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Jan 17, 2017
I have a couple questions.

1.) How will trade evolutions be dealt with? Will there be ways to get Pokemon like Gengar and Scizor without trading?
2.) How about a wiki page for the game? Something to show where Pokemon and TM's are located would be awesome.

Also this isn't a question as much it is a suggestion (provided you don't already have the idea implemented). How about mega evolutions for the Elite 4 and Blue? Like give Lorelei mega Slowbro and give megas for maybe Steelix (Bruno), Gengar (Agatha), and a custom mega Dragonite (Lance) and of course give Blue the mega for his starter. Basically something to make them a bit more of a challenge since they were always pushovers...at least in my opinion they were.

crispybacon1234

Pokémon IR/NG Dev
Years
I have a couple questions.

1.) How will trade evolutions be dealt with? Will there be ways to get Pokemon like Gengar and Scizor without trading?
2.) How about a wiki page for the game? Something to show where Pokemon and TM's are located would be awesome.

Also this isn't a question as much it is a suggestion (provided you don't already have the idea implemented). How about mega evolutions for the Elite 4 and Blue? Like give Lorelei mega Slowbro and give megas for maybe Steelix (Bruno), Gengar (Agatha), and a custom mega Dragonite (Lance) and of course give Blue the mega for his starter. Basically something to make them a bit more of a challenge since they were always pushovers...at least in my opinion they were.

1) That's already being dealt with, though I can't give too much away. ;)

2) I did consider working on a wiki page, but never got around to it. If some people started one up and worked on it, I'd be more than happy to join in.

3) I already had that in mind for the Elite Four rematches, and some of their Mega Pokémon will be new to IRNG. Blue will have his Mega starter in the main game and post game.

Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Jan 17, 2017
Awesome! :D I look forward to seeing what you come up with in the future. It's the best fan game I've ever played and I've played through some awesome ones like Insurgence and Legends of the Arena.

crispybacon1234

Pokémon IR/NG Dev
Years
I felt a little generous, so I went ahead and released the update a little earlier than I had planned. As far as I'm aware there shouldn't be any game-breaking bugs (but there's more than likely going to be minor ones), so let's break down what's new in update 1.2.0:

(Gen 6 = changes made in line with Generation 6)

-Additions-

• New locations
  • Pokémon Tower (completed)
  • Route 13
  • Route 14
  • Route 15
  • Route 16 (completed)
  • Route 17 / Cycling Road
  • Route 18
  • Fuchsia City
  • Safari Zone
  • Power Plant
  • Added ability "Mega Launcher". (Gen 6)
  • Added ability "Tough Claws". (Gen 6)
  • Added ability "Strong Jaw". (Gen 6)
  • Added Raticatite to the location it should've been in the last update…
  • Added unique Pokédex entries for both Infernal Red and Natural Green.
  • Added sound effect when fleeing from battle.
  • Added extra dialogue to the Xtransceiver conversation on Route 9, eluding to the location of HM05.
  • Added dialogue to Gym Leaders after sending out their last Pokémon.

-Changes-

• All new battle scene (Luka S.J.'s Elite Battle System).
  • Overhaul of pre-battle animations (including some new ones, courtesy of Luka S.J.).
  • Reconfigured many in-battle Pokémon positions (both front and back).
  • Removed Trophy placeholder message when not logged into GameJolt.
  • Converted all main .mp3 files to .ogg, reducing the overall folder size.
  • Cycling music has been changed (for the final time).
  • Changed Pokédex colours.
  • Attempted to lower and equalize audio volume.
  • Disabled Battle Camera (EBS still has minor issues, this is one of them).
  • Rearranged the Volunteer Pokémon House map (in Lavender Town).
  • Moved the location of the toolbox on the S.S. Anne so that it is easier to notice.
  • Changed TM19 from "Telekinesis" to "Roost". (Gen 6)
  • Changed TM51 from "Ally Switch" to "Steel Wing". (Gen 6)
  • Battle music changes when a Gym Leader sends out their last Pokémon.

-Fixes-

• No more walking on top of Diglett's Cave.
  • Fixed being able to walk through a wall on the S.S. Anne.
  • Added fences on Route 4 to stop the Player walking into the abyss of tiles on Route 3.
  • Fixed Fishing graphics (on land).
  • Fixed "Fuchsia City" being misspelt on the Town Map.
  • Fairy-type Pokémon can now be searched for in the Pokédex.
  • Fixed the stats affected by a Pokémon's nature being displayed in the wrong colours (increased stat is now red, decreased stat is now blue).
  • Mega Stone sound no longer overlaps with the regular "item received" sound.

I haven't finished obtaining all the sprites for the Mega Pokémon, so you'll notice that the backsprite for Mega Charizard Y isn't quite right, and the one for Mega Blastoise doesn't move. The game still works, it's just that I need to get those sprites.

My decision to not release an "Audio only" version came from the fact that the audio files are no longer massive, and therefore shouldn't be a problem to download.

That being said, have fun, and see you at the next update!

Years
  • Seen Oct 20, 2021
Are the item locations (hidden rare candies) the same as Fire red? How can I rearrange moves?

Back