• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Smallbirdie

Lurker Extraordinaire!
Years
I'm just wondering where i can buy pokeballs.
Sorry, you can't but Pokeballs until Drakebreath City, late in the game. But in Inhore City and beyond you can purchase Ultra Balls for $1200. When you reach Groment City Great Balls become available for $600.

In Central City you can find an Amulet Coin to help with funds. There are Pokeballs strewn out over the routes to pick up also.

Years
  • Seen Aug 7, 2016
Ok where exactly is the normal gym leader? I've searched everywhere for this guy. Hes not in his gym once again I don't know what to do in Lauren.

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Every single bit of portuguese I found has been translated. I don't know why people keep questioning this D:
Could you answer this just to be sure? =)
Snake, did you translate EVERY same string of level scripts?
By that I mean that that each level script has 9 or 10 same text strings and to get rid of portuguesse text, it's necessary to translate all strings.

lol I found a level 32 horsea in the area by the sand at marfeny lake now I have a lvl 33 seadra and I dont even have a single badge yet e.e

Im not complaining Im just saying come on seriously how much easier is that gonna make the game for people :l?
It was not intentional... just a luck on your side =D

One small issue I have with this game, and it is very minor, is that Mienshao has Arceus' icon in the party. Other than the other minor glitches that people have mentioned, which don't bother me, everything runs excellently so far (up to Seanport City). Really impressed with the game, thanks for translating it so quickly.
Yes, and Arceus has Mienshao's one. It's just a minor glitch that Wes did.

Hey is Elctivire supposed to level down after evolving? Cuz before evolution, it was like 39( idont remember exactly, it was somewhere above 38) and it suddenly leveled down to 37.
I've already said it, it's practically in every Ruby hack...

I've noticed one major problem with this hack, and that is that the Gym Leaders, Rivals, Elite Four, and Champions all have the regular battle theme, with the regular victory theme, as opposed to the themes that those special trainers normally have. And when you get a Gym Badge, you hear the regular item obtained theme as opposed to the Gym Badge obtained theme, can you please fix these music errors? Thank you
Wes did not do it so Snakey did not too =)

Actually, I thought I fixed all those. o.O

I fixed most of them, at any rate. Most trainers should ask you again after you say no. Or you can just say yes. Saying yes, and getting the 'you have too many pokemon' message, will let you get it later with everything but the eevee egg.
You sure? =D Those scripts needed some editing in commands =D

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
The hell? Yes. I'm sure. Every bit of Portuguese text I found has been replaced with English text. How many ****ing times do I have to say it. I don't know what you mean by 'level script' unless you are referring to the scripts that play when you enter a map. All of those I found with text in it? Translated! Just like everything else!

Yes. I'M ****ING SURE. I removed the setflag command from the no option. Evidently I missed some. It's a thing I went back and did when I was pretty far in the translation.

EDIT: I just checked. Lapras was fine. I forgot where Dratini was when I went back. It's fixed in my version and if I need to release an update, that'll be fixed in it. They just have the same line of text for both script options. The scripts on (apparently almost) all of them were fixed in my release.

Last edited:
Years
Yellow town needs a healing NPC. I whited out in the first trainer I ran across to. Make the mother heal our pokemon just like in the original game where she always says, you look tired blah blah blah..

it doesnt need npc if u take elekid with u.

Smallbirdie

Lurker Extraordinaire!
Years
Yellow town needs a healing NPC. I whited out in the first trainer I ran across to. Make the mother heal our pokemon just like in the original game where she always says, you look tired blah blah blah..
It's been mentioned. The Search bar is there to help you. Page 187.
Snakebyte said:
Yellow Town does not have a healing script. I was going to add one, but forgot. If I need to release a bugfixed update, this will be included.

nasonex

is trying to learn how to hack
Years
It's been mentioned. The Search bar is there to help you. Page 187.

I read that and I was hoping that he would release an update. I just got owned by the first trainer who just used string shot and harden. My charmander and elekid fainted because of the poison.

He fix a lot of minor bugs/glitches so maybe now he can release an update.

Just saying. I still can't beat the bug catcher..

Kroso

Sleeping soundly
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 22, 2016
Dude,first of all do not say that to anyone,everyone starts somewhere,so who cares if you can't beat the first trainer it took me 5 tries to beat him with a Charmander.
Edit-Learn grammar please,I learned how to write well,and so can you.
Ontopic-This hack is by far the best graphics wise hack completed,and must I say congratulation to Snakebyte who translated this in such a low amount of time.

DarkShadow

When darkness falls
Years
hey im kinda of stuck, after those two girls leave the steam secret base, where do i go? its like the base above the dragon gym

pixiefroggy

Awesome Ace Trainer:P
Years
ummm... I was talking to the safari zone girl at the counter and they don't let me in, they just say, "Okay, I'll be waiting whenever you're ready," or something like that after I choose which zone I want.

NEVERMIND! ^_^;; i got it to work.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 19, 2011
How do you evolve the likes of Kadabra, Machoke and Graveler without trading with the NPC? I posted this question a few pages ago but i don't think the only way is to trade with the NPC for them to evolve.

Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2023
.....Go to the cave where you travel to get to Snowce city and in the beginning part of the cave you'll see her(Leader)
Hi guys. I did the above to meet the 7th leader, but she isn't at the gym when I go check, neither are there any trainers.
I'm not sure but did it cause a bug because I went there before meeting the leader back in the mountains?

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
I've just gotten up to the seventh Gym and so far my Milotic is destroying everything. It doesn't take any prisoners. It never rests. IT CREATES DEATH AND CHAOS. Anyway, just like just everyone else here: congratulations on finishing the translation, Snakebyte! You were definitely entitled to complain over MSN about the number of event Pokemon you get for free - There are thousands of them :x

Anyway, here are three oddities that I found. In these two first screens, both of these trainers in the mine didn't have the Pokemon they're talking about in their party. It seems a bit strange that they're mentioning them rather than the Pokemon they actually battled with.

NoGolem.png
NoCamerupt.png

In this third screen I got a *GASP* shiny Wurmple (as evidenced by the gold Pokedex number and slightly coloured alternate colours of the background). Unfortunately, it shares the same pallet as a regular Wurmple, which led me to become bewildered when I saw the stars shimmer around the sprite at the start of the battle. I am a bit disappointed that Wesley couldn't/ didn't change the shiny colours of the sprites (or at least Wurmple's at the very least) but thankfully it won't ruin the game :P I only posted here because I wanted to show this off :D

ShinyWurmple.png

While this stuff isn't likely to be changed since the final release has been let loose, I thought that if there was ever going to be a mini-update, I should bring these to your attention. Anyway, so far this hack has been very entertaining and I hope to continue playing it soon :)

Last edited:
Years
I've just beaten the 5th Gym. But I'm just wondering where I can find a Dawn Stone?
I have a Snorunt that is over level 50 now... and I really want to evolve it to Froslass.

Back