• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] Chaos Rush's Custom Pokémon Sprites

Leviathan

[span="font-family:ubuntu; color: whitesmoke; padd
Years
Wow, I must say. I am impressed. You are an exceptional spriter. I shall have to check back here on occasion to see what new sprites you've posted. :)

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Dec 27, 2014
wow that looks really good make sure to keep up the good work! I love treecko but you know. Im a treecko lover! Haha

CJBlazer

Rogon, the Ninja Pokemon
Years
Thanks so much for all the work you do on your spriting. I believe you should be crowned king of the Spriters. I am using them in my games (with credit of course).

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
Some of the pictures are missing.

And I can see that the Mega Charizard X and Y sprites are just edited versions of the regular Charizard. This isn't very true to the Sugimori artwork?
600px-006Charizard-Mega_X.png
600px-006Charizard-Mega_Y.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Hello everyone! It's been a while, and the reason why is because these past few weeks have been very busy for me, since I've been taking summer college classes. Now that that's over with, I'll have some more time to work on sprites again. Here's Raticate, Spearow and Fearow!
2CBOvCq.png

lPdZSZl.png

NjsE8e9.png

Some of the pictures are missing.
No, not in the first post. Some of the images in the later posts are missing because I'll go back and make improvements to the sprites, and delete the old ones from my imgur account, and I'll update the link the first post. The links in the first post all work and that's all that matters.

And I can see that the Mega Charizard X and Y sprites are just edited versions of the regular Charizard. This isn't very true to the Sugimori artwork?
Who says every single Pokémon is going to be posed exactly like their Sugimori art? Did you not notice that my Blastoise, Voltorb, and Blaziken sprites are also posed differently? Even if for some Mega's I just edit the original sprite, it's still anatomically correct. It's best I do it that way to maintain size consistency. Let's see you make three completely different Charizard sprites then, and maintain size consistency between all three of them. Still up for it? Didn't think so.

Last edited:

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
Years
Hello everyone! It's been a while, and the reason why is because these past few weeks have been very busy for me, since I've been taking summer college classes. Now that that's over with, I'll have some more time to work on sprites again. Here's Raticate, Spearow and Fearow!
2CBOvCq.png

lPdZSZl.png

NjsE8e9.png

No, not in the first post. Some of the images in the later posts are missing because I'll go back and make improvements to the sprites, and delete the old ones from my imgur account, and I'll update the link the first post. The links in the first post all work and that's all that matters.

Who says every single Pokémon is going to be posed exactly like their Sugimori art? Did you not notice that my Blastoise, Voltorb, and Blaziken sprites are also posed differently? Even if for some Mega's I just edit the original sprite, it's still anatomically correct. It's best I do it that way to maintain size consistency. Let's see you make three completely different Charizard sprites then, and maintain size consistency between all three of them. Still up for it? Didn't think so.

I absolutely love the Fearow! TBH I really liked the original one you'd done based on the artwork, but this one is even better! Good throwback to Gen I's sprite.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
The Chaos Emerald Rombase? Do you know how to expand pokemon in emerald? I want to try doing one.

Years
I have to ask, what is your method of spriting? do you draw the pokemon on paper then scan it and sprite over or do you just sprite on paint or whatever you use straight away. Anyhow wonderful project this has inspired me to start spriting good luck with this.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
These might be the last ones I do for a while, for reasons involving free time issues...

1ZcF3Vk.png

ASmOTgn.png

I have to ask, what is your method of spriting? do you draw the pokemon on paper then scan it and sprite over or do you just sprite on paint or whatever you use straight away. Anyhow wonderful project this has inspired me to start spriting good luck with this.
Well first I set a drawing region limit depending on the size of the Pokémon, usually choosing between 40x40, 48x48, 56x56, and 64x64 (give or take a few pixels for all but 64x64 since that's the max GBA sprite size limit). And then I just draw it while looking at the official art(s) as a reference, or in some cases such as Voltorb and Fearow I'll look at a past sprite and use the pose. I don't do any tracing at all because those tend to produce ugly results at these tiny resolutions.

Years
These might be the last ones I do for a while, for reasons involving free time issues...

1ZcF3Vk.png

ASmOTgn.png

Well first I set a drawing region limit depending on the size of the Pokémon, usually choosing between 40x40, 48x48, 56x56, and 64x64 (give or take a few pixels for all but 64x64 since that's the max GBA sprite size limit). And then I just draw it while looking at the official art(s) as a reference, or in some cases such as Voltorb and Fearow I'll look at a past sprite and use the pose. I don't do any tracing at all because those tend to produce ugly results at these tiny resolutions.

Well thanks for getting back to me. I'm relatively new to spriting and I'm aiming to get really good, I'll defiantly give that style a go thanks again :)

Years
  • Seen Mar 30, 2017
I have been following your resources for awhile and I just want to know if you will be doing the Megas that have been announced for Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
Hi Chaos.
I've found a guy who using the MegaCharizard X & Y Sprites without giving you credits.
Also, in the comments of the same video he says that he could get Mega Metagross, "if he create the sprite", that looks like his saying that he created the both Charizard sprites too, here is the video, if you want to talk it with him or something:

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrkAgzvxa0k

Cya~

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
lmao haven't updated since October.

UF5aXyZ.png

kkXs0sC.png

@MaxxSwagAbsol: yes, but they are not a priority.
@Lunedi: that's a shame :( It's not a huge deal though, as long as he doesn't claim that he made them.

Back