• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Tree of Peace

New ROM Base? (See Post #9):

• Love It!

Votes: 37 74.0%
  • Stick With Whatcha Got!

Votes: 13 26.0%

• Total voters

Blitzballer

Sarcasm: now GMO-free.
Years
Update: [Features to Make Life Easier]

Update: {Features to Make Life Easier}---
[Blogging Style]

Okay, first:
{Color-Coded System}
When playing through Tree of Peace, you'll notice certain text is in a different color. This is to help people differentiate between important information and regular NPC talk. At this point, the colors are:
[x]Blue = Male speech [i.e. I am a guy.]
[x]Red = Female speech [i.e. I am a girl.]
[x]Black = Neutral speech (either male or female) [i.e. I am one of Professor Basil's Aides.]
[x]
Orange = Important people [i.e. Go talk to Sheriff Dan.]
[x]Green = Important places [i.e. This is the Train Depot.]
[x]Purple = Important game text or item [i.e. Kawaii, Inc. received an award!/Did you know that Card Key opens locked doors?]

Which brings us to:

{No More Capitalized Words}
I never liked how Nintendo always capitalized Place Names, Items, People, and especially...Traded Poké
mon's nicknames... (Shame, Nintendo, SHAME!) So, from now on, places, people, etc. will be capitalized as regular words (with the Color-Coded System) Actual Pokémon names will be changed...eventually (i.e. TOTODILE, PIKACHU, etc.)

Last edited:

Blitzballer

Years
Update: [NPC's In-Depth-Basil/Userbar]

Update: {NPC's In-Depth/Userbar}---
[Using the Color-Coded System, just for laughs!]

Just a little update to hold you all over!

Kawaii's Status: Well, school's started, so everything is pretty hectic. Drama try-outs are also tomorrow. This all means that hacking is moving slower than a snail's pace, but once school gets rolling, I'll be able to hack more efficiently during the week. Until then, I've still got a part of the weekend (I still need to have somewhat of a life outside of this box...) to hack, which is good.

{Professor Basil}
basil.gif

Okay, this is (sorta) the professor in Tree of Peace! His name is Basil, and don't let his age fool you, he's very experienced for his age! Do you remember Prof. Elm's only aide? Yeah, that would be Basil! As you can tell, he loves music (the Bass, according to this picture) and may use such music to soothe the Pokémon under his care. At the beginning of the game, Prof. Basil's Green Leaf Academy is overrun by Team Rocket, who is looking for some piece of information. What information?...well, why should I tell you? Anyhow, Prof. Basil will help you MANYY times on your journey, sometimes indirectly, but at this point, the only thing he can do for you is upgrade that ratty, old Pokédex to a much newer Nationaldéx![Just FYI, I DO need someone to make overworld sprites for the game. If you have good experience, then please apply!!]

{Userbar}
51197188696hh6.png

Well...I just kinda threw this userbar together to put in my signature, but I thought it'd be nice to add. Not much to say, but it features the Trozei version of Jumpluff, and one of Tree of Peace's official colors. I'll add it to the front, but I'm not gonna make a code for it, because I'm lazy...and have homework! By the way, if you think you could do better, then by all means do!

Blitzballer

Years
i like the story and everything... but i dont like the maps
May I ask what you don't like about them, or are you trying to get posts? And I'm glad to hear that you like the story!
If you don't have someone to change the titlescreen I suppose I could.
Ohh, yes! That would be very helpful! I'll send the files in a PM.

Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2008
Wow, Now this seems interesting! That story was fun to read...and pretty long ;P

I like the tiles, too, especially the trees! Well good luck with the walk over tiles thing :/

Blitzballer

Years
Update: [Titlescreen]

Update: {Titlescreen}---

With the help of Cooley and Megiddo, Tree of Peace now has a brand new titlescreen! I think it looks absolutely stunning. Kudos to them! Do you all like it? Speak your thoughts and let us know what you think!:
3355nhc.png

Doesn't it look superb?!

Sweet Jasmine

s m i l e :)
Years
Except for the back graphics it seems like LIGHTER Can you make it darker? well if you want that it's okay! Well GL For the Hack and Nice screenshots!

Blitzballer

Years
Update: [Story Update!]

Update: {Story Update!}---

Another update till I can get some real content up.

Kawaii's Status: If you'd been reading the ROM Hacker's Newsletter (which I am an editor/writer for!) you'd know that school has gone from bad to worst, so I haven't had much time to do anything hack-related. The good news is weekends, for the most part, are less hectic so I'll be able to get some work done then. Until then...

{Not-so-Friendly Competition}
I've been trying to come up with a few side-quests, and I was so happy with this one, I thought I'd have to share it!
Somewhere in Tottori, not long after you've obtained your first gym badge, you'll come across a clearing with two buildings. You look at the signs, each side-by-side, which read "Igglybuff Inn" and "Cleffa Ca". You notice many parallels about the two buildings, and see how each business tries to outshine the other. As you walk inside, the building on the left (Igglybuff Inn), you notice the pink wallpaper, and the dojo-esque architecture. A young woman greets you at the front desk, "Hello, and welcome to the Igglybuff Inn, where serenity in sleep is just a song away!" You then walk into the other building (Cleffa Café) to notice things are a lot more..."hustle-and-bustle". The building is reminescent of an old dairy bar and the food smells home-made. Waiters and waitresses are running from table to table, but you manage to catch one waitress' attention. "Oh, I'm terribly busy...can you go talk to the manager?" she says as she leads you over to the cash register. "Welcome to the Cleffa Café, our food is out of this world! Can I help you?" he asks. When you ask about the Inn, you catch a glimpse of resentment in his eyes, but you aren't sure why...
Okay, I got into story mode there (I enjoy doing the whole "role-playing" thing!). First of all, there is a feud going on between the two businesses, and you're caught in the middle of it. Apparently, Cleffa Café is stealing business from Igglybuff Inn and vise versa. Each business will ask for your help, but you get to decide who you'll side with. The rest of the story...well, I won't spoil it. Let me just say that this is just a side-quest and completely optional to the main story, but there may be a reward for you if you do decide to help.

Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2008
Love the titlescreen! But I don't like the name. Good tilesets, palettes and story.

Back