• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Knights of Hyrule

Years

663px-Zelda_Logo.svg.png

Hey there guys. I figured we should try again and have a topic where we can talk about all things Zelda. While there will be no formal owner/co-owner thing, if you have any questions you can contact me or Abnegation. If you're gonna join maybe you'd like to fill up this small form for introductory purposes. :D

1. Username/Nickname
  2. Why do you like Zelda?
  3. Which Zelda game(s) do you like the most, and why?
  4. Favourite Zelda character(s), and why?
  5. Any awesome Zelda moments you'd like to share?
All questions are optional, but it'd be nice if you have the time to fill it up.

So yeah, as to get the conversation going, what do you think about Skyward Sword, the next Wii installment for the series? Any theories, expectations? Also, what about that Zelda demo they showed for Wii U at E3? Miyamoto has already said they do plan on developing an HD Zelda for the next console. :D Will it be a launch title?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Well I think I should just fill this out anyway, to kick things off :]

1. Username/Nickname: Gav, is usually what people call me.
  2. Why do you like Zelda? Purely for the games. The first was introduced to the series by The Minish Cap, I was pretty late getting into it, but I love it. The atmospheric euphoria of the scenery but the intensity of the battling against unique and interesting foes always had me on edges and drew me into the series. The originality of the games as well as the general epicness of the storylines always had me gripped to the series.
  3. Which Zelda game(s) do you like the most, and why? A lot of why I like the games I answered in the last paragraph, but I mostly like the adventure. I love the mystery of the games and I've always wanted to see how things unfold. I love the fights, but at the same time, it's the dialog which really is an interesting part of it. The visuals are always stunning, I think that Zelda always had great designs.
  4. Favourite Zelda character(s), and why? Postman. Vaati is one of my most favoured antagonists. It took me ages to beat him, but he was also a pretty awesome design and I loved his background in retrospect. It's hard to think of my faourite recurring character though. I quite like Malon, purely because she turns up in so many of the games, LA, OoS, OoT, FSA, and with some references to Malon in TP. I always seen her as the one who looked after and raised Epona though. Even though it's different in TP.
  5. Any awesome Zelda moments you'd like to share? Well, I started playing Minish Cap 7 years ago, but it was only last year I got 100% completion on it, I think that's more of a fail than anything haha. But I couldn't find the last kinstone fusion for a long long time, I didn't use guides you see.

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
Years
Ooh, a Zelda fan club! :D

Username/Nickname
:
Jared is fine with me. ^__^

Why do you like Zelda?
Well, let's see. The dungeons, the characters, the weapons, the items, the locale, the music...everything, really. XD

Which Zelda game(s) do you like the most, and why?

A Link to the Past! Definitely. It was the first game in the series I had played, and I remember my neighbor letting me borrowing it, and I wouldn't return it for months because I had too much fun with it. XD Eventually, when she put away her SNES for good, she just gave the game, saying "You kept it so long it was practically yours, so go ahead and keep it." XD Also, I have beaten this game at least a couple dozen times. >__>

Favourite Zelda character(s), and why?
Hmmm.....I can't choose. :\ Can I skip this question? XD

Any awesome Zelda moments you'd like to share?
Other than beating ALttP a couple dozen times? XD For me, Wind Waker was my first 3D Zelda game (I was deprived as a child and never had an N64. XD) SO I remember fighting the first boss (In Dragon Roost Island, I can't remember it's name.) and when I beat it, it felt awesome. I was like "Woah. This game is gonna be fun." And I was right. XD

Years
I might as well do my own. XD

1. Username? CWTAP, but you can call me Víctor or Steven.
  2. Why do you like Zelda? It was probably the fist game in which my mom and dad didn't beat me silly. XD My first 1P, and it felt great. I've liked the music and the sense of adventure since I was a kid. The freedom in the games and creativity in puzzle-solving have kept me lovin'.
  3. Which Zelda game(s) do you like the most, and why? Majora's Mask. I love it because it goes farther than any other Zelda game in respect to being more than just an amazing, atmospheric game; it's also an emotional experience. The plot, storytelling and character development have a depth and pathos that many of the best films and literary works I've come across would envy. It touches many themes that as a child you can't even begin to understand, like death, longing, suffering and the meaning of friendship. You end up not only caring for Link but for everyone in Termina; many of whom have their own stories and agendas, pains and preoccupations while they try to deal with the end of the world. It's scary, overwhelming, intrguing, sad and beautiful. I love it.
  4. Favourite Zelda character(s), and why? Probably... Saria. The way she cares for Link is really amazing. She's pretty much the personification of friendship.
  5. Any awesome Zelda moments you'd like to share? I love playing Zelda on rainy days, and there's a reason for it... I remember the very first time I played ALttP. It was a cloudy day, and it started raining like hell just as I turned my Super Nintendo on. I remember thinking, "it would be awesome if there was rain on Zelda". You can imagine my delight when I started a new file and found out the game starts just like that, in the middle of a downpour. XD It was awesome.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Major fan right here. :3

Username/Nickname
Miss Doronjo but you can call me Shawn.

Why do you like Zelda?
Zelda is a very action-packed, adventure, puzzle game. :3 The game play is AMAZING. I love it because everything about it makes you wanna rip off your hair -- the dungeons, the puzzles, the insanely hard bosses, and so on; but I love a good challenge. <3

Twilight Princess; its a pretty dark game if you ask me! Its pretty unique compared with all the other Zelda games; you get to transform into a wolf, traveling to dark dungeons like the twilight realm, whichis my favourite, BTW!

Ehhh... this is a tough one; all the Zelda characters are unique in the way. Probably in specifics, I'd have to say Minda, cause she's pretty funny and awesome. <3

OMG -- I ACTUALLY BEAT THE SHADOW TEMPLE IN OOT. I've heard rumors that its a pretty scary dungeon; with an insanely hard boss to boot; but, it wasn't actually that bad!

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years
Username/Nickname
Kotowari
Why do you like Zelda?
The story line, the music, the game play, about everything, really. : D
Twilight Princess. It was the first Zelda game I owned (not played, mind you), and I was totally blown away while playing through it. The story was great, the graphics magnificent and more. I loved running around as a wolf, and the Dessert Boss battle is by far my favourite.
Ocarina of Time comes a close second because it's such a great game.
Link ...
Midna, cause she's got a great personality. I loved the remarks she made.
(Manga only: Raven (Oracle of Ages). Because he's cool)
"I'm in the water temple (OoT) totally lost. Can't find the switch. Can't find the exit, wait found it! AAH, that doesn't reset. ;;"
"Wee, fighting a huge Stallord on a Beyblade? Awesome. >83"

~Ryukaa

total nerd
Years
Why wasn't this made yet? xDD;;

Username/Nickname:
ponyman. Just Ryuuka would be fine. :D
Why do you like Zelda?
Is this a trick question? Why wouldn't I like Zelda?
I haven't played all of them, but from the ones I've played, I like Spirit Tracks and Link's Awakening DX the most.
Mainly because of the music, and the way the games felt, really.
Ganon(OoT). I dig that nose.
I really liked Elzo, in Minish Cap.
Not any I can remember except for chicken abuse.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Well to add to the discussion: I can't wait for Skyward Sword. Its graphics remind me a bit from Wind Waker, which I personally love WW for the cartoon-ish look.

/The Floor Masters were at least bearable. :B

~Ryukaa

total nerd
Years
Yes! Skyward Sword! That looks absolutely brilliant! From what was released so far, it actually reminds me of Minish Cap. Which is a huge plus. How everything looks is also really, really charming. Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to beat Wind Waker, but I loved it nonetheless. Skyward Sword will be great. Not to mention it's got a freaking clown as a villain. That's awesome.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
YES YES YES YES YES!

Username / Nickname
Razor Leaf / Harry

Why do you like Zelda?
Why not? I think that Zelda is one of the most intuitive, in-depth and entertaining adventure / puzzle games ever made. The massive range of items, characters, areas and challenges, especially those non-story ones, made it one of my favourites of all-time.

Which Zelda games do you like the most, and why?
Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Wind Waker and Twilight Princess; basically the GameCube-released ones. Since those were the only ones I ever got to play. But I loved all of them equally yet in different ways, if that makes sense.

OoT was the first one I played, and the sort of "classic" for me, the baseline for all of the Zelda games. No quirks like in MM or WW (although I guess you could call the whole aging thing a quirk), just straightforward entertaining gameplay.

MM took it further with the time travel thing, which gave me a much more in-depth and challenging game. It took me ages to figure out what I even had to do half the time, but I really enjoyed it.

WW was just great with its charming graphics and huge possibility for exploration, something which I feel so many games are missing out on now.

And TP simply took everything I liked before it and put it together in a single, fast-paced and graphically enhanced masterpiece.

When I finally finished TP completely, with all Gold Bugs and everything. It took me so long, especially without any help from the guides, but I got there and I'd go back and do it all again!

Years
OoT was the first one I played, and the sort of "classic" for me, the baseline for all of the Zelda games. No quirks like in MM or WW (although I guess you could call the whole aging thing a quirk), just straightforward entertaining gameplay.

I'd call ALttP the true baseline of the rest of the Zelda games. It introduced many more concepts. OoT may be the basis for the console Zeldas, but the true standard was set by A Link to the Past, IMO. :D

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
Well when you think about it, Ocarina of Time was a classic in a sense that it's one of the older Zelda games, plus being probably the most popular one in the entire series. Just my thoughts though. :)

Joining, btw.

Why do you like Zelda?
she has boobs I think I like the games because it's fun and entertaining, not to mention it will keep you entertained for hours on end. It's also quite open world and not linear in any sense whatsoever. You could just go rupee farming and buy lots of Hylian Shields if you wanted to, or figure out what to do, which is always fun in a game like this. It ever took me ages to get Saria's Song on OoT.

Favourite Zelda game(s)?
The top of my list will always and forever be Majora's Mask. Due to the fact that it was the first Zelda game I played, plus the ominous themes and three days to do it in just raised the ante in difficulty. I remember having to use the Time Slowing song just to do whatever it was that I wanted to do before the moon crashed. I also really do like Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess as well. Ocarina speaks for itself in a sense and Twilight Princess has me some fond memories. Defeating that giant Twilight Bug as a wolf, getting the Zora Armor, literally waiting 1/2 trying to get out of the cage as a wolf in the beginning. I can tell you hilarity ensured me for that. XD;

Favourite Zelda Character(s)?
First and foremost would be Zelda, especially in Twilight Princess. All that stuff you have to do with fighting Ganon in the second part I believe is just awesome with her light arrows and stuff. I also love the Gorons in this in general. They look cute in Ocarina of Time I think, and they just seem happy in general. :D

Years
Username/Nickname Karpman, but you can call my Karp or Karpy, most people do.

Why do you like Zelda? The extremely colorful cast of characters, deep plot, and puzzles just hook me in, and the soundtrack of every Zelda game is always amazing.

Which Zelda game(s) do you like the most, and why? I like OoT and Majora's Mask, most. I like the former because it's pretty much the first Zelda Game I played and allowed me to comprehend everything about Zelda, well, mostly everything, it's pretty much what I consider the "Starter game" in the Zelda series. As for the latter, I just love the plot and atmosphere in Majora's Mask, as well as the characters. I didn't love the whole 3 days idea, but it was still quite fun.

Favourite Zelda character(s), and why? I like Link, mainly because of his design and the fact that he's the main character. I like Skull Kid as well, he was an interesting character.

Any awesome Zelda moments you'd like to share? Not really. xD

~Ryukaa

total nerd
Years
Okay, I've been playing alot of the original Ocarina of Time recently and I've been impressed by it all over again, so when I decided to pick up Twilight Princess again, I was blown away. xDD;;
I have played Twilight Princess before, but I only just realized how grand it looks. o3o

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
Username/Nickname
countyemo, or Travis, or whatever.

Why do you like Zelda?
Pretty much everything. The pure epicness, the music, the puzzles, the whole deal.

Wind Waker. No doubt. I know allot like Oot, but to me Wind Waker was the best. I liked the whole adventure theme, the sea travel to islands, i dont know.
Minish Cap is cool too.

I guess Link, Zelda. The norm. But the pirate girl (who is zelda) I think shes pretty awesome.

I dont think so..

I so cant wait for the skyward sword it looks brilliant and will no doubt top OoT as the best.

chanchimi

With a Side of Cheddar
Years
Username/Nickname
chanchimi
Why do you like Zelda?
I like it because I hate it. xD Yeah. I've had a bad time with Zelda games, I've had many and never beat one. Whether it was because I was too young or couldn't figure it out, I don't know. But I'm determined to beat them now!
Well, I guess Ocarina of Time. I've almost beat it! (3DS)
Probably Sheik and Ganondorf.
No. Except maybe for when me and my brother got the oracle games and we found rings in a mall and together wielded our power and friendship rings. :D

Years
I love TLoZ. omg.

Username/Nickname
Just call me Tyler.
Why do you like Zelda?
It's my favorite game series, honestly. I've been playing it for about nearly 10 years now. [well I guess it's 8, really]. My first game was Wind Waker. :D
Majora's Mask, by far. It's the most epic game in my opinion. I've replayed it several times. :]
I liked Marin in Link's Awakening. She was just so adorable. =3=;

I AM SO PUMPED FOR SKYWARD SWORD.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
I've been playing Ocarina of Time on the 3DS and it's very fun if I say so myself. I've had some fail moments in my time of playing it. I remember when you go into the Lost Woods and have to play the Ocarina with those weird Deku Scrubs and get a Heart Piece, and I couldn't be bothered doing another round of Ocarina playing, so I stopped without knowing I'd get a Heart Piece for it. x( Another one was back when I first played OoT and I always struggled to get the sword in Kokiri Village. One time it took me two hours just looking for it. I finally found it though. :P

Also my 3DS went flat before I could save so I had to do the Dodongo Cavern twice.

Back