• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Recolours and Fusions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Nov 12, 2010
Hey everyone :) I've been fusion spriting for about an hour or so now with no prior experience so critique is greatly appreciated :D

pidgeotkuno.gif

Pidegot + Articuno = Artegot

squirtkip.gif

Squirtle + Mudkip = Murtle

Thanks for looking!

Years
  • Seen Jan 24, 2014
Repositioning -need suggestions-

Hi all, I made (with parts of the other Slowbro) a Slowbro resting on its shell.
Please give your suggestions/ or critics I'm open for everything.

attachment.php
<- What do you think? I know theres no arm but i'm working on it. I don't like the feets tho D: And it doesn't feel correct. >_<

Attachments

• pkfrlg080.png
    pkfrlg080.png
    2.4 KB · Views: 134
Years
Hey everyone :) I've been fusion spriting for about an hour or so now with no prior experience so critique is greatly appreciated :D

pidgeotkuno.gif

squirtkip.gif

Thanks for looking!
I looks as though you resized some of the sprites to make them fit. That's the impression I get looking at some of the outlines you have on these sprites. You probably notice how some of them appear to have gaps or random white dots. That's what you get when you resize sprites: choppy, unfinished edges and details. (You can get this same effect anywhere, but the edges are the most noticeable.)

There are two options for getting over this. One is to scratch over the areas that have these problems. This requires, naturally, a little skill in scratching if you want it to look smooth. It's not just a matter of filling in gaps either, since you need to take into account the adjoining pixels and the sprite as a whole when deciding how to touch up these areas. You might find that, on a wing for example, you are better off cutting the number of feathers shown because of the amount of space you have available. And so on. It can be almost as much work as scratching if you really want it to look good.

The other option is not resizing at all and using the pieces in the same general shape that they're already in. I think you should try both for the extra practice (since that's how ya get better).

Years
  • Seen Nov 12, 2010
I looks as though you resized some of the sprites to make them fit. That's the impression I get looking at some of the outlines you have on these sprites. You probably notice how some of them appear to have gaps or random white dots. That's what you get when you resize sprites: choppy, unfinished edges and details. (You can get this same effect anywhere, but the edges are the most noticeable.)

There are two options for getting over this. One is to scratch over the areas that have these problems. This requires, naturally, a little skill in scratching if you want it to look smooth. It's not just a matter of filling in gaps either, since you need to take into account the adjoining pixels and the sprite as a whole when deciding how to touch up these areas. You might find that, on a wing for example, you are better off cutting the number of feathers shown because of the amount of space you have available. And so on. It can be almost as much work as scratching if you really want it to look good.

The other option is not resizing at all and using the pieces in the same general shape that they're already in. I think you should try both for the extra practice (since that's how ya get better).

Thanks :) I attempted to do what you described in some later sprites but wasn't sure whether or not I was supposed to be doing it. Here are a few more:

yellowazurill.png

Yellow Azurill 11/6/10
redwob.png

Red Wobbuffet Recolor 11/5/10
pigutofakemon.jpg

Pidgeot Parts + Kabutops Parts = Pigotups 11/5/10
fire.jpg

Chimchar + Weavile = Chevile 11/5/10

I tried my best to scratch over the areas in the 2 fusions.

Years
Thanks :) I attempted to do what you described in some later sprites but wasn't sure whether or not I was supposed to be doing it. Here are a few more:

yellowazurill.png

Yellow Azurill 11/6/10
redwob.png

Red Wobbuffet Recolor 11/5/10
pigutofakemon.jpg

Pidgeot Parts + Kabutops Parts = Pigotups 11/5/10
fire.jpg

Chimchar + Weavile = Chevile 11/5/10

I tried my best to scratch over the areas in the 2 fusions.
Oh dear, maybe I wrote something wrong when I wrote up that response. I didn't meant to say that you should resize sprites, but that if you did then you could go over them to clean up. I had assumed you were resizing and that you were doing it in MS Paint (or a similar program) which kept everything as pixels. These two fusions you posted have been altered in such a way that they don't have pixels anymore. They're blended. When you resize with a program like Paint it will choose one or another pixel to fill in the space when an image is made smaller. It won't try to blend them and give you that kind of blurry effect your sprites have. That's why I suggested you could go over a resized sprite, because it's still in a pixel art style with distinctions between colors.

Sorry for the confusion.

Years
  • Seen Nov 12, 2010
Oh dear, maybe I wrote something wrong when I wrote up that response. I didn't meant to say that you should resize sprites, but that if you did then you could go over them to clean up. I had assumed you were resizing and that you were doing it in MS Paint (or a similar program) which kept everything as pixels. These two fusions you posted have been altered in such a way that they don't have pixels anymore. They're blended. When you resize with a program like Paint it will choose one or another pixel to fill in the space when an image is made smaller. It won't try to blend them and give you that kind of blurry effect your sprites have. That's why I suggested you could go over a resized sprite, because it's still in a pixel art style with distinctions between colors.

Sorry for the confusion.

I still don't understand what you mean about going over a resized sprite because in photoshop, I did resize certain parts of chimchar to add onto the weavile and parts of pidgeot onto the kabutops so I'm not getting at what you're saying here.. Sorry for the hassle :embarrass

pinkpersian.png

goldscizor-1.png

Here's some more.

Last edited:

blackmoonflower

You won't like me if I'm angry
Years
She means redoing the lines and shading of destroyed, *cough* I mean resized *cough*, parts. I don't resize parts unless I have no other choice. And I don't use Photoshop for spriting. I only use it for transparency and indexing, doing everything else in Paint. I don't know if you recolor in Photoshop or not, but that might be why they look so fuzzy.

Dreadrazecopy-1.png
DreadrazeBackSpritecopy.png

(first fusions I did)

These fusions were done in Paint, given transparency with Photoshop. I did not resize any of the parts, just made sure that they blended as well as I could get it by changing some of the lines as well as the shading.

Years
My gallery :3

Hello!
I'm sort of a beginner in the art of spriting :b
Here goes some of my work, hope you like it (:
Spoiler:

Hope to make and post more soon..Until then ;D

Last edited:

The Heckler

Its just a matter of opinion
Years
i like them. good start! i have to say im pretty new to spriting too. i think they are really good keep at it!

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
like scatched
"using no parts (except colors, that depends on you) of the original 491+b&w pokemon sprites in you sprite"
so by original, open your program grab the "pencil" tool and start drawing a sprite

Years
Ooh okay :b I'm not that good at scatching so I'll post some more soon x)
(:

Last edited:
Years
thebestb.png

1.Charizard, Metagross, Groudon, Tauros, Golbat. Charizard coloration
2.Tyranitar, Heracross, Kabutops, Feraligator. Tyranitar col.
3.Celebi, Zubat, Alakazam, Houngoom. Houndoom col.
4.Flareon, Vaporeon, Ninetails. Metagross col.

these are the first 4 sprites i ever made(avatar pic excluded) ... and it was yesterday :D Hope u like them and please c&c

Years
thebestb.png

1.Charizard, Metagross, Groudon, Tauros, Golbat. Charizard coloration
2.Tyranitar, Heracross, Kabutops, Feraligator. Tyranitar col.
3.Celebi, Zubat, Alakazam, Houngoom. Houndoom col.
4.Flareon, Vaporeon, Ninetails. Metagross col.

these are the first 4 sprites i ever made(avatar pic excluded) ... and it was yesterday :D Hope u like them and please c&c
1.Try Groudon's colors.
2.Again,try Heracross/Feraligatr colors for this one.
3.Good.
4.Coloros are awkward,the gills look wrong on the right side(sprite's left).

My most recent mix,after 3 years of inactivity:

I'm satisfied with the outcome))

Years
1.Try Groudon's colors.
2.Again,try Heracross/Feraligatr colors for this one.
3.Good.
4.Coloros are awkward,the gills look wrong on the right side(sprite's left).

My most recent mix,after 3 years of inactivity:

I'm satisfied with the outcome))

1.Tried it, turned out horrible...
2.Heracross turned out awesome, only i was 2 colors short (mouth),
Feraligator failed... to bright :D
3.Thanks
4.Awkward? Matter of choice i guess... but i agree about the gills, i'm fixing it right now

BTW, I like your sprite, is the back side scratched?

Years
1.Tried it, turned out horrible...
2.Heracross turned out awesome, only i was 2 colors short (mouth),
Feraligator failed... to bright :D
3.Thanks
4.Awkward? Matter of choice i guess... but i agree about the gills, i'm fixing it right now

BTW, I like your sprite, is the back side scratched?
What do you mean?
I scratched the eye,horns and those black holes on the body.

Also I didn't mean to sound harsh when i said that the colors were awkward.
It's just that the sprite and the colors don't blend well,you know what I mean?

Another mix:

something bothers me in it,but what?))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back