• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen CoroCoro Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2021
It's crazy that more people support and show interest in a Love type than a Light type... I'm certain that whatever way it goes I'll be disappointed with it's design and concept. It just doesn't look like anything and doesn't fit in with the other Eeveelutions with that awkward head and huge eyes.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Of those, Silver Wind, Ominous Wind and Icy Wind are non-flying for the same reason Fire Punch and its relatives are non-fighting: To allow Pokemon of a certain type access to types of attacks it might not get otherwise. Also, you forgot Aeroblast, Air Cutter, Air Slash, Defog, and Tailwind.

I said those were the ones I could Pull from memory. I also highly doubt the punch relation as few "Punching" attacks are Normal as well. As for the ones you listed, Aeroblast is a breath attack that is a Signature move for Lugia. Air Cutter isn't a wind based attack, but rather a forced shock wave that cuts through the air. Same with Air Slash. Tailwind is a Wind based attack for support. Ominous Wind and Silver Wind are also variations of Ancient Power so their relation isn't even that close to other Wind based attacks.

Years
The idea of a new love or emotion type... I've made up my mind that's what I think it is. The new friendship system, all the facts in that little box.. it just seems too perfect not to be true. I'm probably really wrong and it's actually steel type or something, but whatever.

But also, with all the eeveelutions so far, one could easily tell what type they were. With Sylveon, this seems less the case... but if it were Love type, then that WOULD be the case.

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
Years
  • Va
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
It's just how they're currently portraying it, they've highlighted that they are keeping the typing a secret which may imply that it is ambiguous. If it was going to be something predictable by the appearance, they wouldn't bother keeping it a secret at all. Plus, an earthy design would be far too similar to Leafeon IMO. There are the odd few Pokemon who don't look remotely close to their typing too.

Eeveelutions aren't entirely like other Pokemon, design-wise, though. All of them so far have been closely related, look wise, to the type they represent. Earthy doesn't have to mean plants either, we're talking...I guess you can say dirty, as in you know, being associated more with dirt?(this is not implying I agree with it being a Ground type, I still highly doubt that) I'd sooner believe it's a new type(that's possibly weak to/strong against Electric types) than the Ground type.

If it weren't for the typing 'circle' that was brought up, we probably wouldn't have a real clue as to what it could be. We've all come up with how it could look like a Flying type, a Ghost, a Normal type, or a Female version of it's type(whatever that is) among other suggestions.

Who's to say that GF isn't having a little fun with us as well? How would we all feel if they made other reveals to sway us away from what it really is(if it isn't a new type) and then 'BAM!'...it turns out to be what we figured before? Pretty crazy but more than likely would have a good laugh still because it would be what we had thought all along. Surprises can work like that you know. Who knows, maybe they figured its look could mean different things and wanted to see what we think it looks like before officially revealing it.

EDIT: With all of this 'Love' type talk, maybe two previous Pokemon who could switch over/add it on would be Luvdisc and Alomomola? :P

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
In terms of types....is it possible that they might split Flying into:

Flying and Wind types? I think there's a fakemon website where some of the fakemon they create have the wind type. (Pokefactory) The Wind type fakemon are able to manipulate wind but they can't fly (at least not traditionally with wings) or use bird-like moves.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
In terms of types....is it possible that they might split Flying into:

Flying and Wind types? I think there's a fakemon website where some of the fakemon they create have the wind type. (Pokefactory) The Wind type fakemon are able to manipulate wind but they can't fly (at least not traditionally with wings) or use bird-like moves.

I don't see them doing this just for Sylveon. :( It's an interesting idea but they've had Flying for so long, changing it up would be quite strange/hard to get used to, as opposed to Light type imo.

Also guys I was just thinking, Cinccino has a scarf attached to itself p much! So Sylveon's ribbons aren't as weird :3

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
So it's not Ninfeon anymore but it's Sylveon? What does the prefix "Sylv" derive from? I still think Sylveon's a Normal-type, it has alot of Normal-type characteristics, although in some art it shows it flying using its ribbons, so it could also be a Flying-type. That would make it only the second Pokémon to be a pure Flying-type, next to Tornadus. Some thing it's ridiculous for it to be a Normal-type since Eevee is already Normal, but Eevee could still evolve into a Normal-type, thus covering 8 of the 17 types. I don't see any Bug, Fighting or Dragon characteristics, so that's out of the picture for me (although Altaria, a bird, is a Dragon/Flying type, so looks can be deceiving). Eevee has not evolved into a dual type yet, so maybe Sylveon is but we'll have to wait and see.

Not sure about this "Love" type, but the speculated Light type sounds good to me. Probably would see alot of the older Pokémon gain a secondary type with it, like Cleffa's evolutionary line and other fairy-looking Pokémon.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
So it's not Ninfeon anymore but it's Sylveon? What does the prefix "Sylv" derive from? I still think Sylveon's a Normal-type, it has alot of Normal-type characteristics, although in some art it shows it flying using its ribbons, so it could also be a Flying-type. That would make it only the second Pokémon to be a pure Flying-type, next to Tornadus. Some thing it's ridiculous for it to be a Normal-type since Eevee is already Normal, but Eevee could still evolve into a Normal-type, thus covering 8 of the 17 types.

Well y'know, what if Sylveon actually ISN'T just Flying, and is instead Flying/Normal? It would make sense for those who think normal, and those who think flying too, which will keep Tornadus unique, and cover two typings. It's not really dual typing imo because it's happened for so many flying types before, so...

blue

gucci
Years
Well, the majority of flying types have a dual Normal typing anyway, so to give Sylveon only one type being Flying would make it the only non-legendary Pokemon to be pure Flying which would be pretty neat IMO, they're long overdue IMo.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
But it looks like it could easily be Flying or Normal, and because of that it could just follow the old pattern. The only way to break said pattern is if it's a new type or a dual type of anything else. ;( Normal/Flying wouldn't really imo.

blue

gucci
Years
I think a dual type of any kind would break the chain, each eeveelution has a specific stand alone type so to give Sylveon any combination would be a change regardless. I also don't see any benefits from slapping on an extra Normal type assuming its primary typing is Flying.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Well y'know, what if Sylveon actually ISN'T just Flying, and is instead Flying/Normal? It would make sense for those who think normal, and those who think flying too, which will keep Tornadus unique, and cover two typings. It's not really dual typing imo because it's happened for so many flying types before, so...

I was thinking Flying/Normal too. That has never been done in that order. That would certainly break the chain.

holdmykidney

Riddled with pokerus
Years
What does the prefix "Sylv" derive from? I still think Sylveon's a Normal-type, it has alot of Normal-type characteristics, although in some art it shows it flying using its ribbons, so it could also be a Flying-type.

The closest I can think of is the word "sylvania" which refers to forests and trees. It does kinda look like Deerling's spring form, but I can't imagine they'd do another grass type.

I have a nice video of Sylveon in battle from X & Y - It uses Trump Card, Focus Blast (I think) and Swift and some sort of dark-coloured stat affecting move I can't identify.

What if Sylveon is a powered-up Normal type evolution for Eevee? It would be nice for that Adaptability attribute which Eevee has to be passed onto something with a bit of kick.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Maybe the love theme is pretty strong in Sylveon, as posted above. It might be a new type, or it might be an old, but either way, maybe it will be a running theme. It can be pretty love-themed without being of the "love/emotion" type (emotion for more applicability), seeing as its ability can reflect most traits GameFreak care to give it. We all know Primeape is notoriously angry, and thus it has Anger Point and Vital Spirit as its abilities. Slaking is lazy, with Truant (and moves like Slack off and Yawn). Dragonite is said to be able to control the weather, and thus gets almost all the weather moves in the game, and so on. Even without restorting to a new type, GameFreak can make Sylveon pretty love-ey.

A Love-type seems like an interesting idea, but it would be very hard to make type matchups that would make sense with it, bar against Dark-type (and maybe Steel-type - as machines don't feel emotions, but this is very debatable as Magnezone FEELS emotions according to its PokéDex entry). Then again, A Love type would be a good replacement for a Light type, though I can't imagine what types it could hit super-effectively, or not very effectively, or what it would resist or be weak to. Speaking of which, imagine if they changed the Attract mechanics so that it could affect same-sex Pokémon. It would be an act of respect from Game Freak to recognize that homosexuality is natural and that gay couples should have their rights recognized, Although Game Freak would possibly have problems with the Church.

What does the prefix "Sylv" derive from?

Right now, I'm thinking the Slyph theory may be the most likely. According to what I've read about Sylphs:

Sylphs are winged air elements or fairies. They ride the wind, flying high with eagles, Sylphs are almost transparent. They're slender and graceful, with large glistening eyes and huge wings. Sylphs befriend and protect other flying creatures, such as birds, moths and butterflies. Sylphs can move as fast as lightning, but they may also drift along on draughts or puffs of wind.

Almost transparent - Slight stretch, but Sylveon is predominately white-coloured.
They ride the wind - I believe some made the connection between the bows and scarfs with kites, which would make sense as kites can "ride the wind".
They're slender and graceful - The lightest Eeveelution.
Large glistening eyes - Sylveon has massive blue eyes.
Butterflies - Some people thought the bows looked like butterflies, and this is where they could come in.

I think there are more definitions of Sylphs which... I'll check out. Again, maybe knowing the origin of this mon can give us a hint towards its stat spread? Sylphs are described as moving as fast as lightning, and they befriend and protect other flying creatures. Perhaps a fast, defensive Flying type? Something along the lines of 65/60/110/65/95/130, though more HP would be nice. And just an extra: if Sylphs move as fast as lightning, and Jolteon is an Electric type, it's possible that Sylveon will have the same speed as Jolteon.

I'm actually more interested on how it evolves. Maybe this is a stretch but:

Spoiler:

Maybe? Although, we can already technically trade Eevee holding a Prism Scale in Gen V. Another thing I'm wondering about is it's ability. What's it's ability going to be? Something new, or related to Flying/Wind in general? Or something basic like Adaptability?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I don't see them doing this just for Sylveon. :( It's an interesting idea but they've had Flying for so long, changing it up would be quite strange/hard to get used to, as opposed to Light type imo.

Also guys I was just thinking, Cinccino has a scarf attached to itself p much! So Sylveon's ribbons aren't as weird :3

Well I never said it would be just for Sylveon. Of course it would be used for new pokemon too.

Maybe Normal/Flying types would become Wind/Flying?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Well I never said it would be just for Sylveon. Of course it would be used for new pokemon too.

Maybe Normal/Flying types would become Wind/Flying?

I guess although I'd rather just keep them flying/normal as it makes it a little easier for fighting types :( but ya maybe if Sylveon launches it but I kinda doubt it that's all. But by doing it for Sylveon I meant that being the original reason then spreading to everything else lmao.

roosterman

Freaking annoying!
Years
What show? We only get News two major ways in Japan, during the Sunday Episodes of Pokemon Smash (Saturday afternoons for Americans) and on or around the 15th of every month when the Coro Coro Scans are released.

There aren't any other schedueled news releases other than this. Internationally we have to wait for one of these to align and watch Pokemon's Twitter/Pokemon.com to see if we get the international version of it. We still have 2 days to see if the Coro Coro leak is japanese exclusive (which is possible seeing as its more Movie related than game related with Ninfia headlining the Pikachu Short with Eevee.) If we don't get any info on Ninfia for English viewers by the 15th than its Japanese exclusive release.

thats it, pokemon smash. whatever site it was i was reading about ninfea on said that smash said to expect news on Wednesday, guess not. its the 15th now so maybe we get typing? the pokemon website is dropping some really heavy hints that its gonna be a new type, almost like, a never used before on anything type. darn, i wanted a dragon.

blue

gucci
Years
I wonder if Smash will reveal the typing tomorrow? They heavily hinted at the Eeveelutuons for next weeks preview (last week) and with CoroCoro being the first to reveal Sylveon, they could just give us a little more infomation..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back