The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon General

Notices

Pokémon General Theories, experiences and other discussions regarding the Pokémon franchise that can't be covered in any of the other boards.
Feel like talking about Pokémon manga? Check this out! Want to discuss and share Pokémon music and videos? Click here!

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 11th, 2013, 01:02 PM
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored

Nature: Relaxed
I know a lot of you want Dragon and because the color of the sign is purple, but I believe we may be getting a Fighting evolution due to the shape of the sign. If you google it, the symbol below the question mark looks a lot like the sign Japan uses for Fighting. Personally, I want a Steel Eevee named Steeleon.
Old February 11th, 2013, 02:38 PM
Isaac
Ahola Bith

Nature: Careful
i want a flying type called flyeon and a poison type called poiseon. i would like to see a dragon one too

Theme | Pairs | PC Battle Server
Old February 11th, 2013, 10:46 PM
CloysterOyster
Master of Ice

Nature: Lax
I saw that they leaked a Pokémon named Ninfia, which would be Ninfeon in English. It does look like it has Milotic's colors on its ribbons. Some say it's a Flying-type because of its appearance and some say Bug-type because "ninfu" in Japanese means nymph, as in the immature stage of an insect. It might be a Normal-type because of its cuteness and colors but we'll have to see.
Old February 11th, 2013, 11:11 PM
smurf
Veteran Trainer

Idc personally what it is just the fact there makein another one is good with me
Old February 11th, 2013, 11:21 PM
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored

This thing has to be either of the following:

Normal(Most Likely)-Fighting(Likely)-Flying(Maybe?)-Bug(....Unlikely, but still a possibility)
Old February 12th, 2013, 10:30 AM
Wandering~Leaf
-Mordor and Eldar Supporter :3

Nature: Modest
I'm REALLY excited about the new Eveelution...I hope it's a flying or dragon type.

"Now the Elves made many rings; but secretly Sauron made One Ring to rule all the others, and their power was bound up with it, to be subject wholly to it and to last only so long as it too should last."
Old February 12th, 2013, 12:07 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by CloysterOyster View Post
I saw that they leaked a Pokémon named Ninfia, which would be Ninfeon in English. It does look like it has Milotic's colors on its ribbons. Some say it's a Flying-type because of its appearance and some say Bug-type because "ninfu" in Japanese means nymph, as in the immature stage of an insect. It might be a Normal-type because of its cuteness and colors but we'll have to see.
Nymphs aren't bugs, they are a type of Fairy that embody an element to create a physical form. They are a type of spirit only so it being based on a Nymph would make it a ghost type.

Someone found the meaning of the name to be based on a French Ribbon made of Nylon or other types of fabrics used on embroidery for things like dresses, curtains and other decorative items like that.
Old February 12th, 2013, 01:42 PM
True Epicness
Magnificent Turnip

Not sure why they would have a normal type evolution when Eevee is normal type anyhow. Possible, though. Still, I'd expect them to bring out other types first.

Old February 13th, 2013, 01:07 AM
CloysterOyster
Master of Ice

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
Nymphs aren't bugs, they are a type of Fairy that embody an element to create a physical form. They are a type of spirit only so it being based on a Nymph would make it a ghost type.

Someone found the meaning of the name to be based on a French Ribbon made of Nylon or other types of fabrics used on embroidery for things like dresses, curtains and other decorative items like that.
If I'm allowed to post this here, this is nymph in biology terms: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nymph_(biology)
Old February 13th, 2013, 04:33 AM
Echidna
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
All I can say is that seeing a new Eeveelution confirms they're making evolutions of older Pokemon, so now I'm officially having a heart-attack (out of joy). I just can't believe this, this is like the only thing I was willing to beg for and I didn't have to beg! ;D
Of course now I have to head to the Emergency Room* but who cares, I'll pull through for Pokemon.

*For all confused audiences, this is a joke.

Old February 13th, 2013, 09:39 AM
Toutebelle
Banned

Nature: Sassy
Great...another Eeveelution... It is cute, though.

(Sorry, I'm not a fan of Eeveelutions.)
Old February 13th, 2013, 10:04 AM
kinataki
david tennant so much!

Nature: Naughty
it doesn't look like something?!
i love eevelutions don't get me wrong but i mean what is this?
Old February 13th, 2013, 01:31 PM
PokéZoom
~Gotta Catch Em All

Nature: Serious
It's far from being my favourite Eeveelution, but I like it nonetheless... I can't wait to find out what type it is. :D

It's the next chapter, the ultimate goal! Ready for battle, brave and bold!
PokéZoom.com | PokéZoom Forums | PokéZoom Oekaki
Old February 13th, 2013, 01:42 PM
Boilurn
Scald Pokémon

Nature: Mild
Hey, nice to see yet another eeveelution! I hope that its a Steel-type, so that I would be able to nickname it to something like Alumeon or Silveon.
Old February 13th, 2013, 01:50 PM
PokéZoom
~Gotta Catch Em All

Nature: Serious
As much as I'd like that, it looks nothing like a Steel type. :-/

It's the next chapter, the ultimate goal! Ready for battle, brave and bold!
PokéZoom.com | PokéZoom Forums | PokéZoom Oekaki
Old February 13th, 2013, 03:49 PM
Atomic Pirate
I always win.

Nature: Impish
Wow, they were trying way too hard to make this new Eevee Evolution look cute. Instead, it looks ugly and deformed. Cincinno and it's scarves bugged me, but this is just plain atrocious. A pink...thing...wearing ribbons.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokéZoom View Post
As much as I'd like that, it looks nothing like a Steel type. :-/
The fact that it doesn't look like a Steel-type means nothing. LuFURRYo was a partial steel type, despite looking nothing like a proper Steel-type.

At least this proves that they are making new evolutions, so there is a possibility of a certain Pokemon getting one...

GIMME MY DAMN DUNSPARCE EVOLUTION, AND DON'T SCREW IT UP!!!

PM me if you add me.

My Friend Safari is Water-type, with Gyarados, Azumarill, and Octillery.

Last edited by Atomic Pirate; February 13th, 2013 at 03:53 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old February 13th, 2013, 04:12 PM
Brendino
Hold your breath. Make a wish. Count to three.

Nature: Quiet
Hmm... I'm not sure how I feel about the new Eeveelution at this point. In all honesty, when I first saw the picture of it, I though it was someone's concept art of a Victini evolution, not Eevee's (similar color scheme, very similar facial features). At this point it doesn't look to be Dragon-type, but it'd be interesting to see what they could do if they made it Flying, Poison or Fighting, and not just Normal, as it appears to be.
Old February 13th, 2013, 05:35 PM
Arlo

My predictions:

It'll be Dragon type.
It'll have a nearly perfect Eevee stat spread (something like 95HP, 65 in both defenses, 130 in one attack and 60 in the other and 110 speed)
It'll have a small movepool (befitting an Eeveelution) but with access to exactly the moves it needs.
It'll be the introduction to the expansion of the happiness mechanic - in order to take advantage of the typing and the awesome stats and the awesome moves, players will HAVE TO make it happy and keep it happy.
That's what the pink and the bows and such are all about - the people who love that sort of thing will be rewarded with an awesome pokemon and the people who just want an awesome pokemon are going to have to either suck it up and deal with it or do without.
Old February 13th, 2013, 05:40 PM
Oryx
Moon Prism POWER
Community Supporter

Okay guys. The discussion on this now belongs in the X & Y section, as that's what games the Pokemon is for. If you want to discuss the short itself, I'm sure you could make a thread in the anime section for it. If you want to discuss the Pokemon, head to the Coro Coro thread in XY. Thanks! :3

Sponsored Links