• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Planned Pokémon Team (Advice Needed)

How would you rate my first planned Pokémon team?

• Good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Decent

• Bad

• Total voters
Years
Hello, everyone! Let me start by saying that my actual name is Kenny but you are more than welcomed to call me by my username, MrTripStack (or even "Trip", for short). I've been playing Pokémon games since I was a young child, but I've never thought of the games in a competitive standpoint.

I've never been much of a competitive player, in any type of video game, but I wouldn't mind having a decent team and being able to do a few occasional matches. I've been looking into EV training lately and I've been thinking about creating my first team, and here are the plans I've come up with so far.

Besides Blissey, these are only plans for now and are subject to change. I thought now would be the best time to ask for any advice, before any training or breeding would have to go to waste.

Pokémon: Blissey
Role: Mixed Tank
Spoiler:

Pokémon: Carracosta
Role: Mixed Tank
Spoiler:

Pokémon: Krookodile
Role: Physical Sweeper
Spoiler:

Pokémon: Salamence
Role: Physical Sweeper
Spoiler:

Pokémon: Lucario
Role: Special Sweeper
Spoiler:

Pokémon: Gengar
Role: Special Sweeper
Spoiler:

Overall, this team has an attack for at least 13 types. It's missing an attack for Normal, Bug, Poison, and Steel. Maybe I should teach Return to one of my Pokémon? I'd like to have most of the types as an attack.

Anyways, let me know what I should change!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Iron Defense is a terrible move to use outside of Baton Pass teams because the opponent can just aim for Carracosta's weaker defensive stat to defeat it. Carracosta is also better off as a Shell Smasher, but Cloyster can do it better:
-Shell Smash
-Icicle Spear
-Rock Blast
-Razor Shell/Hydro Pump
Nature: Jolly/Naive
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Item: White Herb/Focus Sash
Ability: Skill Link

Krookodile faces competition with Heracross and Salamence as a Choice Scarf Moxie abuser, so they're better options over it:

Heracross:
-Megahorn
-Close Combat
-Stone Edge
-Night Slash/Sleep Talk
Nature: Adamant/Jolly
Item: Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie/Guts

Salamence:
-Outrage
-Dragon Claw
-Earthquake/Brick Break
-Fire Blast/Brick Break
Nature: Naive/Naughty
EVs: 252 Atk/4 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie

Nasty Plotting Lucario is better off using Vacuum Wave over Dragon Pulse so that it has a priority move to use, but Dragon Pulse is still viable if you can't breed for Vacuum Wave. Physical Lucario is also worth considering because ExtremeSpeed has higher base power and a higher priority bracket:
-Swords Dance
-Close Combat
-ExtremeSpeed
-Crunch/Ice Punch/Bullet Punch
Nature: Adamant/Jolly
Item: Life Orb

Gengar can easily get away with just Shadow Ball and Focus Blast as its main moves; both moves are unresisted together:
-Substitute
-Disable/Pain Split/Thunderbolt/Hidden Power (Fire)
-Shadow Ball
-Focus Blast
Nature: Timid
EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Black Sludge/Life Orb

or
-Shadow Ball
-Focus Blast
-Hidden Power (Fire)
-Protect
Nature: Timid
EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Life Orb/Black Sludge

Musica

PPPPPDPPPPP
Years
Blissey can act as a Cleric as well. You can opt for Aromatherapy instead of Flamethrower. It's not going to kill practically anything. Giga Drain on Gengar is useless; base 60 HP won't last that long. Use HP Fire or Protect instead. While Psychic and Thunderbolt may sound promising, you won't get much kills from it. Scizor is a counter to Gengar, but with HP Fire and lucky predictions, you can kill Scizor on its switch-in. Other stuff mentioned already by PlatinumDude.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Blissey can act as a Cleric as well. You can opt for Aromatherapy instead of Flamethrower. It's not going to kill practically anything. Giga Drain on Gengar is useless; base 60 HP won't last that long. Use HP Fire or Protect instead. While Psychic and Thunderbolt may sound promising, you won't get much kills from it. Scizor is a counter to Gengar, but with HP Fire and lucky predictions, you can kill Scizor on its switch-in. Other stuff mentioned already by PlatinumDude.

Flamethrower is on Blissey so that it won't become Taunt bait. It also gives Blissey a move to hit non-Heatran Steels. If you want a move that hits for consistent damage, go for Seismic Toss.

Back