• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Apr 20, 2008
I've discovered why my SG would give me an error message at the start of the gaming stating that the save has beeen deleted- I was playing GS on a GBA emulator on my PSP, and as it wasn't the same as VBA I couldn't change it to flash 128k, hence why it wouldn't work.. That only happens for Fire Red, Leaf Green and Emerald, though.

I'm playing a Ruby Hack on my PSP, it's great!

Anyway, good job with the hack and I guess I'm gonna have to play this on the computer. Really nice work!!!!

Zowayix

hi
Years
ok everyone, forget what I said about the saving problem, I have it fixed on both the clean FR rom and ShinyGold. Yay! :)

wingedlucario786

Pokermon Hacker
Years
  • Seen Mar 9, 2007
hey i have to do a quick post...

anyway, i just downloaded shiny gold, and its soooooo good. i like that u put the jhoto region in and i hope that u make hacks as good as these in the future! C ya

Years
  • Seen Feb 18, 2007
on youtube, there is a video of beta 4 showing the elite four. It's titled Beta 4 - Elite 4, sorry I can't post links, yet.

wingedlucario786

Pokermon Hacker
Years
  • Seen Mar 9, 2007
gameshark codes for shiny gold

heyy zel, does shinygold have gameshark or codebreaker codes that i can use for my emu? i think the game would be awesome. or could FR codes work with it bcuz its a hack of FR

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
on youtube, there is a video of beta 4 showing the elite four. It's titled Beta 4 - Elite 4, sorry I can't post links, yet.

Yes, zel posted it on YouTube himself, and he also posted the link in this thread a few pages back.

heyy zel, does shinygold have gameshark or codebreaker codes that i can use for my emu? i think the game would be awesome. or could FR codes work with it bcuz its a hack of FR

Zel hates anyone who would even think of cheating. Cheating sucks. But to answer your question, in the end, there are no cheats for SG specifically, they're for FR, since it's a FR ROMHack. So to cheat, you'd use regular old FR cheats, but I advise you not to, since the cheats play around with the scripts, which zel edited a crap load, so through cheating, ironically, negative effects will happen. I advise you not to cheat in SG.

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
I love this! :) A day night system would be much loved..

In the end, it's all just timed palette changes. One lighter one, one normal one, and one darker one. I guess, if zel could figure that out, maybe...

Chibaymega12

Enemies of the Leaf Beware!
Years
thats true marz, maybe if he used the first new pallette (the grayer one) for the evening and make a couple other phases and some how set it on a timer.... i dunno, itd be a good idea if he can

Years
  • Seen Jul 1, 2009
Great hack Zel! The X version of it has some funky things though... for example, north of Goldenrod city I see copies of my sprite on the trees, and some of the pokemon levels are normal, while the ones around it are augmented (for example, the rocket executive's houndoom is about 10 lvls lower than the rest of his pkmn.) I'm sure these have already been mention because I've only been following this for a short time, but that's all I have to report

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
Great hack Zel! The X version of it has some funky things though... for example, north of Goldenrod city I see copies of my sprite on the trees, and some of the pokemon levels are normal, while the ones around it are augmented (for example, the rocket executive's houndoom is about 10 lvls lower than the rest of his pkmn.) I'm sure these have already been mention because I've only been following this for a short time, but that's all I have to report

1. Use the search function to make sure they've been reported so you don't report them again
2. If you're sure they have been reported, why did you report them?
3. (what's in bold) That's not a glitch, it's just because zel forgot to give the "hidden" movement to those sprites. Just ignore them.

D R E ™

Goku's back oh yeh!
Years
This game awsome you guys should get a medal or somthing, its been a hundred pages of work, man you guys are good. Well anyways please continue. Peace out.

Chibaymega12

Enemies of the Leaf Beware!
Years
Alright guys, the butt kissing is cool and all and im sure zel appriciates it, but lets get back to Discussing the hack.
Anyways, zel what kind of pokemon will ashlee have besides her evil pikachu, will she have a themed team? Will she have like all evil pokemon or maybe the shiny versions of pokemon that look evil if you can figure the shiny scripting out. It'd be pretty cool for her to have a shiny charizard, it looks pretty evil

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
Alright guys, the butt kissing is cool and all and im sure zel appriciates it, but lets get back to Discussing the hack.
Anyways, zel what kind of pokemon will ashlee have besides her evil pikachu, will she have a themed team? Will she have like all evil pokemon or maybe the shiny versions of pokemon that look evil if you can figure the shiny scripting out. It'd be pretty cool for her to have a shiny charizard, it looks pretty evil

Well, he said she was a thief. In the original games, thieves had Fire type based teams, so maybe she'll have fire, I mean, besides that pikachu. I think it should be fire, there aren't enough fire trainers in games. I love fire training, fire is one of my favorite pokemon types. But, we don't know. So I do want to know the answer to your question as well, chibay.

Angelic Diablo

Scyther >> You
Years
so she's a thief, and normally they use fire types... but what about if she used a Dark/Fire type... Houndoom should be part of her team, but I'm only suggesting, what happens is entirely up to Zel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back