• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Gym Leader Rematches

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

It would make complete sense for them to be found in their gyms, where they belong. But then there would be no puzzle! I'd like to have to solve a puzzle or a riddle, but I guess other people might not fancy the idea.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Maybe we could also see rematches with the Gym Leaders in other locations other than actually inside the Gym? That would be something rather interesting, knowing that probably Gym Leaders would have a favorite places where they could hang out in and stuff. Like one in a forest or something.

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2013
I would like to see the gym leaders out of their gyms. The go train somewhere(related to their type) and after the Elite four you can go find them and battle.

PoisonEmeralds

Rookie ROM Hacker
Years
So gym leader rematches. While the gym thread covers typings and actual gyms, this one is aimed more at the rematches side and how that could go ahead. We haven't seen them for a while, however, there's a chance that they might put gym leader rematches in these games "just cause"! If they returned, how would you like to see them occur? Would you want them to be once a week? Or whenever the gym leaders choose? Do you check back or would it be the job of the professor to let you know when you can go for gym leader rematches? How much more money do you want from rematches? Would you want full teams of six, or just the same team they used in-game? Discuss!
This has been a feature since b/w.... I doubt they will remove it in gen 6..... But it could be just me...

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
This has been a feature since b/w.... I doubt they will remove it in gen 6..... But it could be just me...

Well they didn't have it in B/W, which is why it comes to mind as to whether it'll just skip that generation and appear here or not. :3 All of us are totally hopeful though!!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Kinda iffy. I never really saw the bonus to the rematches. Point of the Gym Leader was to test trainers to hand out badges. Fighting them again seemed redundant and I kinds expected a penalty for losing to them in rematches like you lose your badge for losing to them since you failed to keep up to the standards of qualification.

We've never had a Rematch system for Gym Leaders, along with two other specific things that a lot of people tend to ask for each new generation. Like with the leaking of B/W I'm going with the there won't be any Rematches until the second set of games (be it thirds or more sequels). This along with Battle Frontier and Move Tutors. I don't expect to see any of these appearing in the primary games for the generation.

Back