• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I just saw this is now the shiny club Im late. Anyways Id like to join, as I love shiny hunting.Its an obsession of mine. I have many shinies:
Oddish-RE
Uxie-SR
Azelf-SR
Lugia-SR
Ho-oh-SR
Lapras-SR
Cyndaquil-SR
Grovyle-SR
Shinx- PokeRadar
Cubone-PokeRadar
Spoink-PokeRadar
Togetic-PokeRadar
Magnemite-PokeRadar
Sentret-PokeRadar
Lillipup-RE
Audino-RE

So yes Ive obtained many shinies and these are all ones I caught myself. Right now Im working on SRing Mesprit in Diamond. Its a real challenge to track it down everytime, but I must complete the Lake Trio in Diamond since I have shiny Uxie and Azelf already. Im at 2414 for that one. The hunt is extremely slow and Ive taken at least 2 breaks. Id like to RE a Karrablast and Joltik in White and want to start soon and find them before moving on. I also Masuda breed Sigilyph off and on and am still hoping a DW Eevee will hatch shiny, although thats not an official hunt. Yes, Im crazy and obsessed but I love the shinies.

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
They say you always come home.

WELCOME BACK!!!!!

You probably know Chr. Draco and Fufu, who still come around now and then.

I hope things clear up for you and you'll have more time to hunt soon. Congrats on all those shinies!

Wait no i've Got a biology exam in 10 minutes :O :(

Sooo quick update;
FİRE RED SHİNY QUEST
1 SHİNY:Ratatta (encountered 14:46 hr into the game)
2 SHİNY: Random target on Route 24 (2574 RE already :)

Welcome back, rager3! Hope you did well on that biology exam! If there's ever a question asking why some creatures sparkle and have stars spin around them when they exit spherical capsules and are shiny, you'll know the answer. :)

Good luck on your FR Quest and congrats on the shiny Rattata!!

.........................110 encounters.........................................

-_-

I don't really know what to say anymore, "lol." Your luck is so good, it's bad!! I hope you avenge Smeargle, although I wouldn't be surprised to see you do so within a day or two.

Keep using that line, man!!! :pink_laugh:

Right now Im working on SRing Mesprit in Diamond. Its a real challenge to track it down everytime, but I must complete the Lake Trio in Diamond since I have shiny Uxie and Azelf already. Im at 2414 for that one.

Welcome back!

Mesprit's a really tough hunt; stick with it! *nudges you over towards Keruso's line*

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2013
-_-

I don't really know what to say anymore, "lol." Your luck is so good, it's bad!! I hope you avenge Smeargle, although I wouldn't be surprised to see you do so within a day or two.

Keep using that line, man!!! :pink_laugh:

Welcome back!

Mesprit's a really tough hunt; stick with it! *nudges you over towards Keruso's line*

ahhh................what you dont know is, i did 50 encounters about a day before and had called it a night, so yesterday after i had gotten back from a wake, i had decided to start encountering for the hell of it because i didnt think something would have shown. within 60 encounters, Smeargle showed up........that may not happen again. im already at 500 encounters now.....................

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 11, 2024
Hello everyone, congrats to all with new shinies, specially those who had a drought.
For those still traped on a target, maybe this is your month so don't give up.
BTW Articuno would be a good target for next month, like other ice type pokemon, you know, winter in black and white and also december, nice combination in my opinion.

In my side, I have completed my shiny solo with snivy without evolving it, and also found a weird shiny, the trap pokemon stunfisk, pic coming soon. (Currently training it and it's lvl 59 for now.

happy hunting and see you around soon.

Edit: here is the pic. cya
View attachment 62536

Last edited:

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Congrats on the new shinies!

I'm sorry to hear about the lost Smeargle, Keruso. Hopefully it will shine for you again.

This week's random hunt is... Horsea!

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years
Welcome back, DDD!
I was checking random guides for OOT3D on the Zelda wiki and I came across a video about entering Jabu Jabu's belly as an adult. When it ended with your Earthworm Jim "GROOVY!" I was like *ghasp!*
I checked the owner, and sure enough... ^^

It's good to have another legend back.
It makes me want to Masuda things but I have so much other stuff I need to prepare first. The first of which being migrating my wi-fi profile to my 3DS, if that's possible.

I'm keeping my SP in my laptop bag now, so I should be able to SR Kyogre whenever.

lol thanks. And that video was crazy. Imagine my reaction when I encountered the glitch for the first time... XD

Anyways, I'm pretty sure you can transfer your wifi stuff to your 3DS the same way you would with a normal DS, through download play transfer, if you've ever done it before.

reason why im not happy is because my Vigoroth decided to have a Crit Hit Slash moment and one-shoted him. of course, im gonna avenge this one, just with a weaker move....................

my third lost Pokemon.........

ah well

Slash? Are you kidding me?? x.x You should be more prepared than that, let alone using a critical hit move such as Slash, that's just asking for trouble. At the very least get a Heart Scale and teach it Scratch or something, or even Cut, or use a different Pokemon altogether.
I hate seeing shiny Pokemon go uncaught. :( That sucks man.

A quick technique I would use if I didn't have anything else would to be to catch a Magnemite/Magneton and use Thunder Wave & Sonicboom on them. Set damage and a status. My favorite has always been at least a Sleep move, and False Swipe if I have it but that's hard to come by in 3rd Gen. The aforementioned can get it done though.

WELCOME BACK!!!!!

You probably know Chr. Draco and Fufu, who still come around now and then.

I hope things clear up for you and you'll have more time to hunt soon. Congrats on all those shinies!
Yeah, definitely those two as well. Thank you!

I'm playing through LeafGreen now, not sure if I mentioned that or not. I've made it up to facing Surge but I'm training my Pokemon at the moment. I might try a few more 3rd gen games, but I have too much going on still to do anything serious.

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2013
Slash? Are you kidding me?? x.x You should be more prepared than that, let alone using a critical hit move such as Slash, that's just asking for trouble. At the very least get a Heart Scale and teach it Scratch or something, or even Cut, or use a different Pokemon altogether.
I hate seeing shiny Pokemon go uncaught. :( That sucks man.

A quick technique I would use if I didn't have anything else would to be to catch a Magnemite/Magneton and use Thunder Wave & Sonicboom on them. Set damage and a status. My favorite has always been at least a Sleep move, and False Swipe if I have it but that's hard to come by in 3rd Gen. The aforementioned can get it done though.

Vigoroth actually has Cut and after killing the Shiny, tried using Cut on some of the ones that came across and got them down to the red, but, seeing as both Pokes are at about the same level range, i wasnt expecting a Crit Hit 1HKO. i could switch him around with my Electrode whose got Sonicboom and Flash and take him on that way. I got a False Swiper in my 4th gen games just for this type of occasion when i do get a shiny

G-Money

Years
The first post has been updated!! Welcome to the 21st century 2011, post 1!!!!!!! It's been over 5 years, but we now have updated rules, regulations, and shareholders. Buy stock in SHC!! :cer_boogie:

The "Initiate Golden Age" button would definitely help people buy in, but the button is grayed out. Apparently, we can't press it when there are 4 posts per week. :/

found a weird shiny, the trap pokemon stunfisk

Congratulations!!

Haha, I won't do a bit of damage to any shiny at all! I'm always terrified that I'll faint it, so I just throw balls from the first move, "lol." I don't think I've ever actually used a move on a shiny other than a Sleep-inducer!

Hello i was wondering if i can join the Shiny Hunters Club i lovve shinies and i found this club
AWESOMe so can i join?

Sure! We merged the new thread with the original club, so you're already a member! Glad to have you back! :)

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Using a Quick Ball at the start of a battle is a really good option for catching a shiny Pokémon, or any Pokémon. I used a Quick Ball to catch my shiny Audino back in June.

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 11, 2024
Found a shiny litwick while visiting the only place where they appear, in the second floor I think of the celestial tower.

Now I'm thinking of what challenge I would have to do since I completed my previous one.

Cya and happy gameplay.

Last edited:

Weber

Thats Farfetch'd
Years
  • Seen Oct 29, 2013
Hey everyone I'm back and still with out news on any shinies :(

My charmander hunt is at 25,000 I've given up for a few months.
Teddiursa: 1,000 not a lot but I have other plans for shinies
Litwick: 8,000 but not working on that one either
Treeko: after replacing the batteries on my ruby and sapphire I can shiny hunt again in gen three in hoenn!!!!!!¡¡¡!!! So I'm after treeko now.

Years
  • Seen Aug 1, 2012
I play FireRed on my GBA, I've only recently started "shiny hunting" first target being a shiny Articuno. I don't have the patience to tally up my soft resets but I can honestly say I've been trying at least for 3 hours a day for the last two weeks or so. No results yet but I really think a shiny Articuno would be worth the effort.
After I finally get Articuno, I'm most likely going to attempt to retrieve a shiny Moltres and a shiny Zapdos.
Wish me luck and happy hunting!

(I also want a shiny Psyduck!!!)

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Congrats on the shiny Litwick, Chr. Draco!

This week's random hunt is... Slowpoke! Sorry for being late this week, I've been busy.

Years
Ahh so busy this week

Haha, I won't do a bit of damage to any shiny at all! I'm always terrified that I'll faint it, so I just throw balls from the first move, "lol." I don't think I've ever actually used a move on a shiny other than a Sleep-inducer!
I keep a false swiper and usually also a sleeper on hand at all times for just such occasions. I even False Swiped Boldore because I didn't trust Sturdy ><

My charmander hunt is at 25,000 I've given up for a few months.
At that high a number, I worry you may be running into RNG issues. Is this a Fire Red starter? Try taking a few steps and re-saving every couple dozen SRs or so. You could also try breeding.

I play FireRed on my GBA, I've only recently started "shiny hunting" first target being a shiny Articuno. I don't have the patience to tally up my soft resets but I can honestly say I've been trying at least for 3 hours a day for the last two weeks or so. No results yet but I really think a shiny Articuno would be worth the effort.
After I finally get Articuno, I'm most likely going to attempt to retrieve a shiny Moltres and a shiny Zapdos.
Wish me luck and happy hunting!
For Zapdos and Moltres, you could try running from them, walking onto a different screen and going back. This saves you the time of doing a full soft reset and guarantees the RNG is always in a different state each time.
It's harder to do with Articuno since it's buried so deep in the cave.

G-Money

Years
I've been busy.

Ahh so busy this week

You're telling me! I've barely had any time to hunt at all, but hopefully I'll be free for the next month or so. :)

The time I have hunted has been spent on my FR target and the Johto starters.

Found a shiny litwick while visiting the only place where they appear, in the second floor I think of the celestial tower.

Congrats! But, um, you cut Latios Master in line...

Hey everyone I'm back and still with out news on any shinies :(

Welcome back!! Glad to see you posting again - get a shiny soon!! You definitely deserve one with that many SRs!

I've only recently started "shiny hunting" first target being a shiny Articuno

Welcome to the club!! Good luck on shiny Articuno!

Whoa! I haven't been here for a while! I'm stuck on Shiny hunting ideas. What should I hunt next?

Welcome back! You could race x Yo1nk x for Articuno. :)

Years
  • Seen Aug 1, 2012
@MetalMario

Thank you, I wasn't sure if Articuno would still be there if I ran. That's an excellent strategy and will surely save me time!

@G-Money I think I'm gonna start off with Zapdos now lol, since It would be faster in my opinion.

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Congrats! But, um, you cut Latios Master in line...

I LOLed at this.

I've only hatched one Litwick this month. I've been focused on hatching Axew for my team. I'm trying to get perfect IVs in HP, Attack, and Speed, but I keep on getting ones with perfect IVs in Attack, Sp. Attack, and Speed.

Weber

Thats Farfetch'd
Years
  • Seen Oct 29, 2013
Metal Mario: I've been doing new save files every 500 sr's or the end of the week, I guess I'm just having terrible luck.

I am hoping to get a shiny by the end of the year though, might have to chain on platinum and I'm terrible at it but I'm pretty discouraged since I haven't gotten a shiny since February 23. I have a good feeling with treeko though.

Back