• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Champions League

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vato

This Is Our Last Goodbye
Years
Name - Vato

Friend - Cynthia

Partner - Togekiss

Reason For Joining - Champions, the toughest trainers in their regions, they are smart, strong, and wouldn't hesitate to use an item or to switch their Pokemon, thats what makes them cool, they're different in every sense, well, except for Alder, I was kind of expecting more from his team in White.

I actually prefer Cynthia, not because of her Pokemon, I don't like them (mainly because they were about to defeat me like a trillion times when I first faced her), but, I think she's the only one who uses moves in a strategic way (For example, before attacking, her Milotic used Aqua Ring), and you get to know her in Pt before facing her, and you actually never expect what her team is going to be when you're going to face her for the first time, I must say it, when I first fought with her, I thought she would use Dark Pokemon (Those black clothes are tricky), and her only dark Pokemon was Spiritomb :O
And she also uses Togekiss in Pt., I love Togekiss :)

Who Informed You Of The Club? - Nobody.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
This place is in desperate need of a topic, so here goes!

If you were to create a new mono-type champion, which type would you give them and why?

I'd make an Electric type champion. I know at first this might sound weird, but if you consider the huge number of Electric types there are with intricate typings and strategies, it seems like the perfect type to make a very diverse team around. With bulky resistant Pokemon such as Eelektross and Rotom supporting more fragile powerhouses such as Magnazone and Jolteon, the Electric type Pokemon could deal tremendous amounts of trouble to any oncoming challengers. They'd just have to make sure the team is put together well with Pokemon such as Eelektross with Acid Spray leading to weaken the enemy for the agile damage dealers to take out easily. Plus how cool would an Electric type champion look! The answer is very.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
Years
  • Age 27
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 10, 2023
A Flying-type Champion sounds almost too easy. I mean, Flying-types tend to have a ton of weaknesses, especially to common moves like Ice Beam or Thunderbolt.

I think a Ghost-type Champion would look pretty sick. And Ghost-types are usually very strong offensively and speedy, so they could land a hard hit or two. Unfortunately, there aren't enough Ghost-types to make a team diverse enough to prove to be a real challenge imo.

Hann

What's all the Buzz about...
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 8, 2020
Hmm, I'd like a Flying-type champion too, but it does sound easy. Actually every mono-type trainer is fairly easy to defeat if you use the right Pokémon and moves. So I think I'll go with a Rock-type champion. We've had three Rock gyms, but they were always the first ones to defeat so I'd love to see a champion with something stronger than a Geodude or a Nosepass. And it's one of the types that haven't been used by the Elite Four + Champion yet.

Unfortunately, there aren't enough Ghost-types to make a team diverse enough to prove to be a real challenge imo.
And they still made three Elite Four members Ghost Mono-types. Though a Ghost-type Champion would be pretty cool.

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
As cool as it would be to do a flying, like you all pointed out it would be too easy. But rock would be just as bad. Especially since they are weak to two of the starter types, which people often use till the end of the game. You add fighting and ground in there, and it just makes a mess. Now, if I had to choose one besides flying, I would go with Alex's suggestion of an electric one or I would go with a fighting. Fighting is only weak to flying and psychic, so It could work. There is also a lot of diversity at both of those types.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016

Name: Sector Revenge

Friend: Cynthia

Partner: Milotic (Peach)

Reason for Joining: Well the champions are the most respectful and looked up to trainers in the world. And the most challenging!

I once signed up before but I was never updated on the member's list. So I thought I'd try it again!

In answer to the topic:

If I had to choose a new mono-type champion, that differs from those currently? Excluding out the Steel, Water and Dragon types...I will have to say Normal or Electric types myself. Electric team would definitely have Eelektross, Emolga, Rotom-W, Galvantula, Magnezone and Jolteon. Normal type? Blissey, Miltank, Girafarig, Togekiss, Porygon2/Z, Ambipom. I think they'd be one interesting, yet challenging battles in -game.

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
Oh my gosh! I forgot to add you!
Dawn+Pokemon+facepalm1.png

Will do now! XD

Hann

What's all the Buzz about...
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 8, 2020
As cool as it would be to do a flying, like you all pointed out it would be too easy. But rock would be just as bad. Especially since they are weak to two of the starter types, which people often use till the end of the game. You add fighting and ground in there, and it just makes a mess. Now, if I had to choose one besides flying, I would go with Alex's suggestion of an electric one or I would go with a fighting. Fighting is only weak to flying and psychic, so It could work. There is also a lot of diversity at both of those types.
Like I mentioned every Mono-type trainer is easy to defeat. Even though Fighting is only weak to Flying and Psychic if you have one or two Pokémon with those type of moves, they're easily defeated. It's one of the reasons Cynthia is so difficult to defeat, because she has such a diverse team (Blue too, and Alder but he doesn't count).

Years
Name - Rhappi

Friend - Lance

Partner - Dragonair

Reason For Joining - I'm a big fan of the champions. I especially like Lance and Steven a lot. Lance is my favorite - I don't even know why XD
I guess it is because of his dragon types... I love them! :)

Who Informed You Of The Club? - Nobody.

--

Which Champion's Pokemon is your favorite?

Lance Dragonite. I have a Dragonite myself in almost every team and I love it. It's one of my favorite Pokémon!
But I also like Cynthia's Milotic a lot...

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
Close enough. I think we need a new topic.

f you would reshuffle the champions, which champion would you place in what region?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
f you would reshuffle the champions, which champion would you place in what region?

I'd get rid of regional champions and make Cynthia the champion of every region. I don't have a preference for her personality or anything, but she's the only champion that ever posed a challenge to me whilst fighting them so imo she's the only one worthy of being known as a champion. :p On a related note, do you guys think the champions should be harder?

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
Depends on the champ. I think that Steven and Wallace definetly need to be stronger, along with Alder. Cynthia's good, and so are Red and blue.
Oh, and I agree with you for the most part on the Cynthia thing. She should be the champ of the last three regions, but not indigo league. Red should be champ there, just because he is red. :P

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Red should be champ there, just because he is red. :P
Why though? What has he ever done that warrants being champion? His team sucks and he's soooo weak! xD Incidentally, here's something to discuss :D

Red is supposedly champion of the Indigo League, but how strong do you think he actually is?
In my opinion, not strong at all. his team is terrible and he picked really odd Pokémon to use! Snorlax and Lapras are good Pokémon in general, but the rest of his team is really bad. Venosaur can be decent, but things like Blastoise, Charizard, Pikachu, they all suck D: I really wish he was harder because climbing to the top of Mt Silver to beat a Pikachu is not worth it >.>

mineox100

Hey.
Years

Why though? What has he ever done that warrants being champion? His team sucks and he's soooo weak! xD Incidentally, here's something to discuss :D

Red is supposedly champion of the Indigo League, but how strong do you think he actually is?
In my opinion, not strong at all. his team is terrible and he picked really odd Pokémon to use! Snorlax and Lapras are good Pokémon in general, but the rest of his team is really bad. Venosaur can be decent, but things like Blastoise, Charizard, Pikachu, they all suck D: I really wish he was harder because climbing to the top of Mt Silver to beat a Pikachu is not worth it >.>

He had that team because, well, he's supposed to be based on Ash.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023

He had that team because, well, he's supposed to be based on Ash.
That's true haha. Even so, Ash has some much cooler Pokémon that he could've used D: His Donphan, Heracross, Kingler, Muk & Tauros all would've been much more interesting to fight than a team of the starters. Although I know Red =/= Ash, I'm pretty sure there teams are somewhat similar? x]

Who d'you think would win out of Cynthia vs Alder? :o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back