• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2012 Survivor's Party @ Drakow's House

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Hahaha that's quite funny.
It must be my Australian linguistics, it is to my understanding that it's staff in America and other countries but since I was little it's always been stave.

I have no idea if you're American or not but hey.
Other words you might find confusing from the Australian dictionary:
Boot - Trunk (like in a car)
Biscuit - Cookie
G-banger - Thong
Thong - Sandal I think? like on your feet at the beach shah.
Then there's the many synonyms for beer, hello, friend, not-friend, urination and female significant other, which are all very.. inappropriate for an internet forum.

Thong meaning flip-flop is one that always weirds me out. DON'T CALL IT THAT PEOPLE

Years
Flip flop! That's what I was thinking of. I dunno Toujours, I mean America thinks the Brits drive on the wrong side of the road even though America is the only country (to my knowledge) that drives on the right. I dunno if that's maybe saying something.. >_>

Yeah I have soft drink as well, or just the name of the beverage hah.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Nope, most people drive on the right. Look at the picture from Wikipedia!

Spoiler:

Red = right, blue = left.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
Years
I don't say pop or soda, I say fizzy drink or just the name of it! XD​
I say "coke" (a lot of people do where I live) instead of soda or pop or cola...so it confuses a lot of people...idk I guess I just picked it up when I grew up. But when I say it I mean it broadly (like soda) instead of a coke specifically. Its weird. I know.

Years
Nope, most people drive on the right. Look at the picture from Wikipedia!

Spoiler:

Red = right, blue = left.

Oh wow, I didn't know that. I knew Europe and America drove on the right but since Australia and the UK drove on the left, I just thought the former two were odd ones out.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Yeah I figured the US was the odd one out till I looked it up too. My original post said "there are a few others, like" and then I looked it up and was like "holy crap we're actually in the majority on this one".

It's okay, you can still make fun of our imperial system of measurement.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Apparently they just put up signs and when you leave border patrol you leave on the opposite side. Kind of like an uncontrolled intersection I guess?

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Wait what, they actually have countries right next to each other that drive on the opposite side of the road? O.o

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Yup! Rwanda and Uganda were the two I was reading about.

Years
I got to drive on the other side of the road once. I kept turning on the windshield wipers when I wanted to signal. I can't imagine switching sides mid-drive.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I have enough trouble driving in general, let alone driving on the other side of the road :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back