• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] Youkai Academy [OOC/SU][T]

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
I never said you hadn't thought it through; I did say that you didn't tell us how we move between dimensions. :x

Anyway. Even if the Academy is only to learn how to co-exist with humans, genocide is not something easily forgiven. Or are we meant to ignore this little tidbit: "About a year later it escelated, a war started between the humans and the Youkai's and alot humans and Youkai's died in this war, so far that some Youkai species were eradicated." ?

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
I never said you hadn't thought it through; I did say that you didn't tell us how we move between dimensions. :x

Anyway. Even if the Academy is only to learn how to co-exist with humans, genocide is not something easily forgiven. Or are we meant to ignore this little tidbit: "About a year later it escelated, a war started between the humans and the Youkai's and alot humans and Youkai's died in this war, so far that some Youkai species were eradicated." ?

Riiiggghhttt ^^; thats something I did forget, you move thrpugh dimensions…… with a bus and a creepy busdriver :3 i'll insert this in the thread later today ^^

Also, it's your choice if you want to forget it or not. Many did though because it technically was the fault of a few youkai that started killing humans. <-- this matter will be explained in the plot itself in the class "youkai studies" ^^

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
I do think there is one thing to note. "Youkai" is a term that means anything that is not "normal". In other words, literally any non-normal animal or plant being, dead or alive, that you can think of (such as a yeti, a spirit, Loch Ness (if it wasn't a dinosaur), a wyrm), any one at all, is a youkai.

The reason I say this is because it is a term that was created by humans to separate themselves from things that "aren't like us", and in that same sense I'd suspect that some youkai would even consider it a derogatory term, as youkai simply call humans..."humans". Because of this, youkai are probably one of the broadest things in existence, and as such, feeling between them are varied on an incredible scale.

So, regarding the genocide, I'd suspect that youkai would feel more apathetic towards the war itself than the actual casualties. Battles between youkai and humans were almost as frequent as battles between humans and humans as well as youkai and youkai, and they usually had different reasons for doing so, but what makes a war significant is that it justifies any reason youkai would have to hate humans, as it solidifies the fact that humans want youkai gone while youkai are just trying to live their lives.

The reason this is significant is because youkai, on the whole, aren't really close if they aren't of the same race, clan, or species. They're not against each other, but usually they only band together if they have similar goals (such as a distaste for humans). As such, youkai species being extinguished isn't all that displeasing to those that didn't have any ties to said species probably wouldn't really care all too much (depending on their personality and their occupation), but it would amplify any feelings they have about humans.

Then there are the reasons many youkai don't like humans. Humans, to many youkai, are greedy, murderous, selfish, careless, ignorant, are quick to act before thinking, and a bounty of other negative things, especially to youkai. And in many cases they are, especially to youkai. This really epitomizes the phrase, "Humans turn their eyes to what they don't understand." Or maybe the phrase, "Humans are scared of what they don't understand," would be more accurate, as they largely do the things they do, to youkai specifically, because they don't understand them and are afraid of them. We don't take the time to understand and make rash decisions based on what we think we know about them.

Granted, this is mostly general information taken from Science-Fiction, Fantasy, and other things, examinations of what I've found to be the case across the literally millions of youkai-related media (historical and otherwise) out there, so this is not necessarily fact in regards to Youkai Academy.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
Thank you for explaining that, Macho. I'm not really knowledgeable about any portrayal of Youkai besides what's been written in this thread, and a manga I once read (That did portray Youkai as a sort of species through one particular aspect).

If I may ask a question; is there a way to turn a human into a Youkai?

Sapphire Rose

Years
Thank you for explaining that, Macho. I'm not really knowledgeable about any portrayal of Youkai besides what's been written in this thread, and a manga I once read (That did portray Youkai as a sort of species through one particular aspect).

If I may ask a question; is there a way to turn a human into a Youkai?

If you read Machomuu's SU on the first page, thats one reason, but this can also happen when a youkai shares his or her blood with a human (mostly vampires do this) <--- this must happen a few times though, and in a vampire's case, the human becomes a ghoul, which is a creature with litterally no brains and hunts down humans to drink, they are very violent.

But there are several other reasons, a human can become a zombie when it dies and can't find piece

Things like that.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
If you read Machomuu's SU on the first page, thats one reason, but this can also happen when a youkai shares his or her blood with a human (mostly vampires do this) <--- this must happen a few times though, and in a vampire's case, the human becomes a ghoul, which is a creature with litterally no brains and hunts down humans to drink, they are very violent.

But there are several other reasons, a human can become a zombie when it dies and can't find piece

Things like that.
Thankies~

Those ghouls sound useful monstrous!

disciplish

supreme meme machine
Years
Thankies~

Those ghouls sound useful monstrous!

Mostrous indeed... it sounds like a it's a stereotypical zombie!

Just one thing to add to DeLaMuerte-

Yasha's can't summon food :3 and Yasha's use several coins ^^ not just one.

I know they can't summon food. I just happened to put that in the same sentence... although I see why it would be confusing. And the coin is now a coin bag. How does a Yasha use a coin(s) anyway (i.e, is there a specific gesture?)? Do they use multiple coins to summon something different (i.e, stronger?)? And last but not least, are these coins "used up" once they're used? If so, is there a way to get more?

*pants* too many questions. Sorry. Out of energy cause I ran out of meat. D:

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
Just a bit of knowledge. Youkai's can smell blood when they snif up-close, & it depends on the aroma. For example, if a Youkai smelled a human, they would smell human bloo- O.o Uh... '':D I like chocolate!

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
I think the plural of "Youkai" is "Youkai".

Are we mixing OOC and IC now? Is this a thing we're doing?

dcjboi

With Quiet Courage
Years
  • Seen Sep 27, 2022
Can Youkai detect other Youkai? Also from this thread I have now learned the difference between a Lycan and a Werewolf.... arigato.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
Also from this thread I have now learned the difference between a Lycan and a Werewolf.... arigato.
"Lycan" is short for "Lycanthrope", which means "wolf man" and is synonymous with "Werewolf"; their only difference is the language from which they originate.

Now you've learned something.

Sapphire Rose

Years
Machomuu- no, only some vampires can do this but it depends on the blood type too I guess xD example: Nami might smell Takumi, Elene can't (This is just an example!)

Also, youkai can't detect each other, they can only find out what they others are if they reveal their true forms to them.

DeLaMuerte- Coins aren't used up when you use them, you can keep using them. I think you can think of way how you use them yourself c: since this is different by every Yasha (if you take a look at the picture you can see one way of using them). You can also make the couns move in a circle in your hand I guess, but you can't trows them xD there were so many questions, did I answered them all? Just ask me if there is something you want to know~

The fairy discription is done, just need to get on a computer today to post it ^^

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
example: Nami might smell Takumi, Elene can't (This is just an example!)
Good. Humans are icky anyway. :v

Though...blood type, huh? Does that mean that O- can smell all blood, or only AB+ can smell all blood? (Former being the universal donor, latter the universal acceptor...supposedly, anyhow.)

Sapphire Rose

Years
Good. Humans are icky anyway. :v

Though...blood type, huh? Does that mean that O- can smell all blood, or only AB+ can smell all blood? (Former being the universal donor, latter the universal acceptor...supposedly, anyhow.)

Meh I was just kidding about the blood type in some way, Elene and Nami can both smell Takumi's blood, but he has to be really close for that (hugging, maybe like that). This is just so that Takumi is "save" xD he won't be save with Nami though.

Nami: *randomly hugs* OMG! Blooodddd!! *bites* c:

EDIT: Smile=Smell (autocorrect)

Last edited:

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
Meh I was just kidding about the blood type in some way, Elene and Nami can both smile Takumi's blood, but he has to be really close for that (hugging, maybe like that). This is just so that Takumi is "save" xD he won't be save with Nami though.

Nami: *randomly hugs* OMG! Blooodddd!! *bites* c:

So yeah, every Youkai can smell Takumi's blood if they sniff close enough.

Takumi: >8O GAAAAHHHH!!!

Sapphire Rose

Years
Not going to comment on that

And so is everyone else here ^^; !!

Also, did Eve's Solo found his hatred one yet?

Back