• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New team

Years
  • Seen May 9, 2010
I just created a team to play with my friends and maybe play online. Rate my team please, any suggestions are great :D

Gliscor - lead baton passer
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Hyper cutter
Nature: Jolly
Moves:
Sword dance
Baton pass
Rock polish
Roost

EV's: 252 HP / 196 SpD / 60 Spe

Comments:
Basically all i want to do with my lead is get get straight into my sweep, with tyranitar + gyarados as potential receivers. With opposite weaknesses practically will make my switch in fairly easy, and most attacks are predictable when countering gliscor. Any suggestions whether i should switch back to ninjask or not, or any other pokemon would be appreciated. Ninjask seems easier to use, but with roost gliscor may be easier to switch back to after a death and get another baton pass out of with roost.

Tyranitar - sweeper
Item: life orb
Ability: sand stream
Nature: jolly
Moves:
earthquake
crunch
stone edge
fire punch

EV's: 4 HP / 252 att / 252 Sp

Comments:
Tyranitar will be my sweeper, hopefully with the addition of as much speed+att from baton pass will be pretty effective right off the bat. I chose life orb over choice stuff because i want to be able to have good type coverage, and dont want to get stuck using a move that can easily be walled. fire punch is obviously for scizor/steel in general, if i even stand a chance. I paired him up with gyarados because of their resistance combinations, whatever is super effective to tyranitar, gyarados can easily counter and vise versa.

Dusknoir - Mix wall + Will-o-wisp
Ability: pressure
Nature: impish
Moves:
pain split
fire punch
thunder punch
will-o-wisp

EV's: 4 hp / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

Comments:
Replaces my fire type, also allows me to hopefully wall a variety of pokemon, and also burn them. after that pain split im sure would be necessary and either punch that would be effective after that. Not really much to explain here.

Skarmory - Stealth rock + Wall. Lead?
Ability: keen eye
Moves:
Stealth rock
Brave bird
roost
whirlwind

EV's: 252 HP / 64 Atk / 176 Def / 16 spe

Comments:
Skarmory as a physical wall, mainly to take down sweepers, with it's annoying toxic and brave bird roost combo. On top of that, it will have stealth rock if i can squeeze it in somewhere, however depending on the timing of the game may be unnecessary. Also wondering if i should use him as a lead to quickly use stealth rock and last as long as he can afterwards, with roost and toxic as good support

Exeggutor - type coverage + solar beam
Ability: Chlorophyll
Nature: Modest
Moves:
Solar beam
Sunny day
Psychic
sleep powder

EV's: 252 SpA / 4 hp / 252 Spe

Comments:
Switched in at the right time could allow me to sunny day as the opponent switches out, and then sweep with solar beam. Chlorophyll will basically allow me to outspeed everything, and lets solar beam not need to charge, just need to hope weather doesnt change. I'm debating over grass knot and leech seed, and so far am leaning towards grass knot. grass knot will allow me to quickly get rid of any water that threatens tyranitar switching in, and leach seed would just give me another needed turn of preparation, in which the opponent could easily switch to a wall.

Gyarados - DD sweep
Ability: Intimadate
Nature: Adamant
Moves:
dragon dance
Waterfall
Ice Fang
Earthquake

EV's: 252 Att / 252 Spe / 4 Hp

Comments:
Gyarados will be my backup to tyranitar, anything that counters him, gyarados can usually counter pretty effectively. without the need of the baton pass, but the possibility, i think gyarados can sweep using dragon dance then any move he wants. Not much too explain, earthquake is to get rid of pesky electric types + any land creature that STAB waterfall doesnt take care of. ice fang to get rid of grass, as well as flying that earthquake can reach.

Last edited:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
Ninjask - lead baton passer
Item: Leftovers / Lechi berry
Ability: Speed boost
Nature: Jolly
Moves:
Sword dance
Baton pass
substitute
x-scissor

EV's: 176 HP / 252 att / 80 Spe

Stealth Rock weak #1

Sash + sub = no. Give jask some bulk, it doest need all that speed.

Tyranitar - sweeper
Ability: sand stream
Nature: jolly
Moves:
Aqua Tail

crunch
stone edge
fire punch

EV's: 4 HP / 252 att / 252 Sp

Aqua Tail is better so you dont lose to ground types.

Typhlosion - speed + type coverage
Ability: blaze
Nature: modest
Moves:
Eruption
Focus blast
Flamethrower
Hidden Power [Ice / Grass]

EV's: 4 hp / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

Eww W-O-W.

Stealth Rock weak #2.

Inferior Infernape/Heatran in OU sadly.

Skarmory - Stealth rock + Wall. Lead?
Ability: keen eye
Moves:
Stealth rock
Brave bird
roost
Whirlwind

EV's: 252 HP / 64 Atk / 176 Def / 16 spe

WW > Toxic or you're set up fodder.

Exeggutor - type coverage + solar beam
Item: Life Orb / Lum Berry / Leftovers
Ability: Chlorophyll
Nature: Modest
Moves:
Solar beam
Sunny day
Psychic / Sleep Powder
Explosion / Hidden Power [Fire/Ice/Ground] / Sleep Powder

EV's: 252 SpA / 4 hp / 252 Spe

Lol Miracle Seed. Last moveslot is better.

Gyarados - DD sweep
Ability: Intimadate
Nature: Adamant
Moves:
dragon dance
Waterfall
Ice Fang
Earthquake

EV's: 252 Att / 252 Spe / 4 Hp

Stealth Rock weak #3

ok

Comments in bold.

Ok a few problems here.

1. You have 3 Stealth Rock weak pokes, so you wont be able to switch in much at all. Especially with SS and LO chipping away. Remove some of the SR weak pokes or get a spinner.

2. Ninjask is a horrible lead, its weak to like everything when leading. Its honestly better later game when phazers, priority, scarfers, <everything> is gone lol. It requires Rapid Spin support to be effective though tbh.

3. If anything gets in a Dragon Dance/<stat up move>, you lose badly since you have literally nothing to stop the more powerful sweepers overwhelming you.. Use the http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=168147 to better cover threats.

Years
  • Seen May 9, 2010
who do you suggest i switch out to protect against the powerful sweepers? i would love to get rid of skarmory, i never seem to use him, but i guess he could be a pretty decent physical wall? And honestly i could probably switch typhlosion, and maybe even fire type for good... there are many things that can cover for the shortage of fire... also ive decided to change ninjask and give him protect, to give him the extra speed boost before passing, instead of sub

dr4g0n12

Δράκος
Years
Lead ninjask kind of sucks. It is very frail, and can be easily taken out by anyone with a move that always goes first. If you want a fast lead, go with azelf or aerodactyl.

Years
  • Seen May 9, 2010
hmm, well who is a good fast sweeper that would fit my team do you guys think? i have him because so far my entire team is pretty slow...

Back