• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Tutorials: Scripting

Status
Not open for further replies.

♠εx

Working on my hack, busy also.
Years
  • Seen Aug 15, 2008
Pokescript:
When decompiling a game and choosing an offset, it say's which mode.
What do I put here?

Fluddles

Frustrated Trainer
Years
Hey everyone, I'm extremely new! :P I played through Ruby, then Sapphire, now I'm trying to script but I learn by example so I copied this one, but it won't work. I copied it after someone else posted it, and made a few changes... Here's the script.

Spoiler:

I wrote it in Notepad, and saved it under "All File Types" with the extension ".rbc" and then I hit right click on it, and then "Compile Script" but I got an error. It says Runtime Error '6' Overflow.

Which isn't what I expected. I'm using PoketScript but I've also tried Diamond Cutter and I get similar problems. Can someone tell me where I'm going wrong?

I'm actually doing all this more or less, just so I can get Charmander. I got the Gameshark codes to work once, but not any more.

:P Thanks for all and any help!

Luke128th

These days shall pass...
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 1, 2012
Alright now...
I'm testing one of the scripts you posted, Follump. Everytime I finish compiling it do I just get the last set of offset numbers? And if so then I must be doing something wrong because the screen goes red...

Here is the script:
#ORG $begin
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x200
if B_true goto $done
message $aidtalk
boxset 6
giveitem 0xD
setflag 0x200
release
end

#org $done
message $aidtalk2
boxset 6
release
end

#org $aidtalk
$aidtalk 1 = Oh, hello \v\h01.\pHere, take this potion!

#org $aidtalk2
$aidtalk2 1 = Hello.

Years
Alright now...
I'm testing one of the scripts you posted, Follump. Everytime I finish compiling it do I just get the last set of offset numbers? And if so then I must be doing something wrong because the screen goes red...

Here is the script:

Try adding a 1 to giveitem 0xD. So it will look like this
giveitem 0xD 1
Thats the only problem I can find with it.

Luke128th

These days shall pass...
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 1, 2012
Alright now I'm trying to create a Moltres battle, but I still don't know which offset to use! Which do I use?
#org $StartWild
lock
faceplayer
cry 146
message $moltCry
moltcry 1 = Gyaoo!
boxset 6
checkflag 0x808
if 0x1 goto $WildBatt
release
end

org $Wildbatt
lock
wildbattle 146 50 2
release
setflag 0x500
fadescreen 0
end

Years
Heres a script i use for a cable car on Emerald:
Code:
#ORG $ShowText
Lock
Faceplayer
message $car
$car 1 = This is the Cable Car!\lWant to go up?
boxset 5
compare LASTRESUILT B_TRUE
if B_False goto $DontGo
special 0x98
warp 0x02 0x06 0x02
goto $endme
$DontGo
message $ok
$ok 1 = Okay. Bye Then!
boxset 6
$endme
release
end

It works up to the Special 0x98, instead of the cable car animation its a blank screen and a bit of music, press A and the script carries on, how can i get this to work?!?

Years
  • Seen Aug 22, 2010
Where i must type in 03,40 and 50?
Spoiler:

oh and here's my script:
#ORG $begin
lock
checkflag 0x200
applymovement 0x07 $aidwalk1
pause 0x20
message $aidtalk
boxset 6
release
end

#ORG $aidwalk1
$aidwalk1 1 ; #binary 0x52 0x4A 0xFE

#ORG $aidtalk
$aidtalk 1 = Puh, \v\h01.\pdu hast mich erschrekt!
My text is german, but thats equal ^^".

Naoshi

lawl
Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2023
For People Objects: You just only need to make the second Unknown 03. But I don't know if that's even needed.

Last edited:

Luke128th

These days shall pass...
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 1, 2012
Also when I do make my moltres battle, the screen turns purple... Do I need to put in the movement numbers?

Years
Uh... I have another question... How do I assign scripts to someone? Like let's say I want to change someone's script all the way in the E4, and yet I have done no scripting proor to that, and I'm using Advance Map. How do I assign that certian script to a person far off from the beginning?

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
Years
Just use the command call I guess, but then you would have to use the command return afterwards. Or maybe I'm just misunderstanding your question.

Years
Uh... I have another question... How do I assign scripts to someone? Like let's say I want to change someone's script all the way in the E4, and yet I have done no scripting proor to that, and I'm using Advance Map. How do I assign that certian script to a person far off from the beginning?

Read the beginning of Irish Witch's tutorial. That should explain compiling and assigning scripts to people in Advance map.

Just use the command call I guess, but then you would have to use the command return afterwards. Or maybe I'm just misunderstanding your question.

I think you may have misunderstood(maybe I'm wrong)

Years
Read the beginning of Irish Witch's tutorial. That should explain compiling and assigning scripts to people in Advance map.

Thanks for the help... Now anyways. Another question.

How would I make a script similar to the one in Yellow with the Pikachu following you? (I mean through out all the game.) Unless it's; Fainted, or in the PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back