• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] SPEE - Super Pokemon Eevee Edition [Full Game]

How to do rate.

• Awesome!!!

Votes: 924 72.0%
  • Alright!

Votes: 190 14.8%
  • Average

Votes: 77 6.0%
  • Awful..

Votes: 21 1.6%
  • Abomination....

Votes: 72 5.6%

• Total voters

gugu3

I hope i can really help...
Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2012
I love this game! It's addicting! I cant stop playing it! Checking everyday to see if next demo is out!

Sylvie18

Stray Cat
Years
  • Age 31
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 1, 2015
Waah, no matter how many times i play it, i hate where it leaves off xD There aren't many games that leave me wanting to know what happens next on the same scale as this one X3 cant wait for the next release/ completion :D

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
Thanks for the replies :D

An update on the demo front. v7 is probably still ways out, but to quench your thirst, I'll be releasing a v7 preview demo soon.
It'll have all the new features and stuff of v7, but will only go up to Necro.
-Yep it's a demo, of a demo.

It'll be out in the next few weeks, the good thing about it? your save file from the v7 preview demo will be able to transfer to the full v7.

Omn

Moogle King
Years
I just came back to check too and i was thinking why not make a Nuzlocke Mode for this game. Kinda like the Nuzlocke challenge except rule out the catching pokemon rule and just make it that your pokemon die when they faint

Years
I just came back to check too and i was thinking why not make a Nuzlocke Mode for this game. Kinda like the Nuzlocke challenge except rule out the catching pokemon rule and just make it that your pokemon die when they faint

The battle with XDR would be a reason not to do that. Eevee is the only one you can use to battle and unless you grind and make Eevee and all the others lvl 50, most people will probably lose that fight at least once. Then that would mean you would have to start the game completely over because you couldn't beat him. Also, what happens if Eevee were to faint in battle? You can't get rid of Eevee. If you want the Nuzlocke challenge, you would do better to implement it upon yourself by depositing the "dead" pokemon in the box and leaving them there.

ChainedTeapot

Let's Player
Years
If there was a Nuzlocke mode for the game I'm sure that mode of the game would be programmed differently to fit with a nuzlocke. Not sure personally how well it would fit with SPEE but actually does sound like a nice feature for other games.

On the note of shinies on the other page I ended up finding 3 overall but only scanned 2, as with the first encounter I didn't even know there were shinies until I found that one and looked up on it. I found a Spearow & two Rattata, are there any other shiny Pokémon so far?

A demo of a demo? sounds awesome. I like being able to transfer the demo demo save to the demo. Looking forward to the next release though, should be fun.

and you forge/refine at the pc in Pokécenters and it lets you create any items you have the required items for.

mathue9

Why am I here?
Years
  • Seen Aug 6, 2015
I ran into a problem. It is my like 3rd playthrough, and im trying to go for an solo eeveeon run. I had to use 1 other pkmn in my party for the xxlionheartxx fight b/c he kept on 1 hit KO ing me, but that's not the issue. Anyway, after I fight and beat XDR, since i already have eeveeon, the game just jumps right to the desert, but them I get an error that says something like the hero does not exist, and then the whole game closes. I've tried adding pkmn to my party but I accidentally saved 1 step before the screen changes to the distorted graphics (XDR's doing), so im technically stuck.... is there a way to "teleport" to the last pkmn center I've been to? or a way to bypass the error?
Love the game, music (I know its mostly FF but its still good), and storyline. Can't wait for V8!!! :)

BCKC

A nobody, just like you.
Years
Picked it up again today out of boredom, and I noticed that some overworld sprites are offset. (Actually, I only noticed the male TR sprite, but I'm sure there are more.)
Just thought I'd put that out there.

EDIT: Does anyone remember whether I released a demo for my graphics update or not? Might be working on SPEE RMXP again ;)

EDIT2: @Above: Send me your save file, I'll teleport you. No promises that it's going to be the last PC, mostly because I have no idea which one that is.

Last edited:

NzK

Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2022
Man, all i can say is: Dayum, you got me really addicted to this game and i can't wait till Chapter 8 gets released. Camping here and checking day and night for the next release :D Thanks for making this game!

Flame-Typhlosion

Champion
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2012
I love this game,so,very,MUCH! I've been playing spee all the time! I really like it! I'm just waiting til the v.7 preview and v.7 itself!

aquakip

Art Director, Pokemon Ethereal Gates
Years
I've finally gotten around to playing the game! So I'll give you some criticism of what I saw throughout.

--

To begin, I'd like to say that the game shut off as I was saving in Amplus City (after leaving Khubla Town), meaning I didn't get to finish the game. It said there was insufficient memory. I believe this was because of the other 13 save files in the game at the time. I didn't know how to delete the save files, so I didn't bother with them. But now I wish I had. My save file was completely wiped after this experience. I wish I could have continued playing. :C

To escape this problem in the future, I would suggest deleting ALL saved data already in the game as to allow the player a completely fresh experience.

--

Story

I was really intrigued by the idea and thought it was executed well, but it could have been better. At the beginning of the game, I had no clue that the characters knew they were in a game world, making it seem really odd when some NPCs talked about the game itself. I would suggest throwing some back-story at the start of the game, or even have your mother tell you something about the game world, bringing the whole realization to the player at the start, rather than having them find out on their own.

--

Script/Dialogue

I thought the script was second-rate. It brought the game down, and could have been a lot better. It needs improvement. None of the characters have any personality in the dialogue--or they do, but it's all the same: that of a 12 year old. Sometimes it seemed very trivial and elementary, especially that of the AIs, which I expected to be high-and-mighty formal figures, who used intricate language and syntax. But they seemed to be childish, just like the player. There were a lot of misspellings, grammar mistakes, syntax errors, and just uses of the wrong words occasionally.

I also thought the usage of curse words was unneeded. Now, don't get me wrong, I have nothing against curse words (I curse all the time), I just thought you got carried away occasionally and used them too much. It didn't help with the dialogue in any way, and actually just made it worse in my opinion.

I would suggest establishing personalities for the characters of the game and weaving that into their dialogue.

--

Graphics

I really enjoyed the 2 Gen graphics. I thought it was very nostalgic and worked wonders for the ambiance of the game. I thought you did a great job on the mapping (although there was the occasional area that I wasn't quite fond of).

But I thought the custom graphics could use some work. Namely, the mugshots and the story sequence about the AIs. They don't seem on par with the rest of the game and could use some work. I wasn't fond of the AI trainer sprites either.

--

Features

I didn't quite understand how to play the elemental cards game. I'd suggest having a tutorial at the first time you play it, or at least have some directions in the girl's dialogue. I got tired of trying to figure it out after the third time.

I also didn't understand ManMan 2000 until I found the option on the PC. I really liked that feature though. :)

The way of capturing Pokemon was really interesting and exciting. Kudos to you for that. Although I found it odd how others could have Pokemon, unless they were also corrupted Pokemon...which would make sense I guess...But there was the occasional person that talked about catching Pokemon...? Hmm...

I would suggest having a few people scattered around the region that give you a free capture ball, so you can catch a wild Pokemon. I'm not sure, I just thought it was odd that others could catch Pokemon, but you couldn't.

--

Overall, I really enjoyed the game! It was the most fun I had playing a fan game in a long time. It was a nostalgic, engaging and exciting game that I would recommend downloading to anyone. I feel like with some editing, it could be even better. :)

~Aquakip

Years
Good news DarkDoom, I have my old laptop back, which means I can play the game again. So, now I am ready for the new demo.

To begin, I'd like to say that the game shut off as I was saving in Amplus City (after leaving Khubla Town), meaning I didn't get to finish the game. It said there was insufficient memory. I believe this was because of the other 13 save files in the game at the time. I didn't know how to delete the save files, so I didn't bother with them. But now I wish I had. My save file was completely wiped after this experience. I wish I could have continued playing. :C

Don't know why the game shut off. I've never experienced that. As for the deletion of files, you can go to the game's folder and delete the save files.

I was really intrigued by the idea and thought it was executed well, but it could have been better. At the beginning of the game, I had no clue that the characters knew they were in a game world, making it seem really odd when some NPCs talked about the game itself. I would suggest throwing some back-story at the start of the game, or even have your mother tell you something about the game world, bringing the whole realization to the player at the start, rather than having them find out on their own.

I don't think it's really necessary to tell you that the NPCs know they're in a game when they acknowledge the fact that they are in a game.

I didn't quite understand how to play the elemental cards game. I'd suggest having a tutorial at the first time you play it, or at least have some directions in the girl's dialogue. I got tired of trying to figure it out after the third time.

I also didn't understand ManMan 2000 until I found the option on the PC. I really liked that feature though. :)

The elemental cards game was just a side game. It has nothing to do with the game really and I found it pretty easy to understand after playing it a few times.

ManMan collects items while you're walking around so it makes it easier to refine items. I thought the guy that you bought it from explained that, but if not, DarkDoom will more than likely add that.

I would suggest having a few people scattered around the region that give you a free capture ball, so you can catch a wild Pokemon. I'm not sure, I just thought it was odd that others could catch Pokemon, but you couldn't.

That would change the originality of the game.

aquakip

Art Director, Pokemon Ethereal Gates
Years
Don't know why the game shut off. I've never experienced that. As for the deletion of files, you can go to the game's folder and delete the save files.

Well, that's what happened. It's because of the other previously saved files. I think it would just be best if he deleted them before exporting as to completely escape any problems one might face. Does he really want to take a chance and have everyone experience a problem like myself?

I don't think it's really necessary to tell you that the NPCs know they're in a game when they acknowledge the fact that they are in a game.

I just thought it was awkward. I didn't know they were in a game and thought it was strange the first few times I saw a comment by an NPC. I didn't know until the first encounter with M. I just think it would be best to make it clear at the beginning of the game to escape confusion.

The elemental cards game was just a side game. It has nothing to do with the game really and I found it pretty easy to understand after playing it a few times.

I know it was just a side game. But I wanted to know how to play it, because it was bugging me that I couldn't figure it out. If it's there, it should be playable, so the fact that I couldn't play it was bothering me. It's something new to the Pokemon realm, as well, meaning it should have a tutorial like every other custom thing in this game, or even an explanation.

ManMan collects items while you're walking around so it makes it easier to refine items. I thought the guy that you bought it from explained that, but if not, DarkDoom will more than likely add that.

I figured it out, though. So it's not a big deal.

That would change the originality of the game.

Not really. The game is already really original with the battle system, story line, mix of graphic styles, locations, and scripted mini games. It was just really odd that others could "catch" Pokemon, but the player could not.

You could make it to where the Professor gives you a capture ball for doing an errand, and at the end of a wild battle, you have an option to use it or not. That way they are limited, and have stressed importance on them.

Remember, these are just suggestions. c:

Lockmaster24

Wise words of FizzyStardust
Years
I think the way we get Pokemon is fine and should be left that way. It is a major part of the game to collect and "purify" the corrupted data. (Sound like Digimon much?)

ChaosJester083

Still alive
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 3, 2019
I really do like this game. I've played through it multiple times and I've let's played it. The only suggestion I would make would be to make the game harder because I've never had a Pokemon faint and I don't grind at all. That's the only thing I don't like about the game is that it is too easy.

Back