• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Username Letter Challenge v2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
Years
Oh wait, I just notice my original post. I intended to play through Kanto using Fire Red, not Leaf Green. Sorry for the inconvenience ^^;

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Okay so seeing this is my challenge that I do with my finger on the speed button, about four or so badges will happen on every one.

Part one:
I started my gold game and named my character 'Vapore'. I continued on with the plot until I received my Pokéballs, where I then caught a Pidgey, which I nicknamed vaPoreon. I continued on and reached Violet City. I entered the Sprout Tower where I swept because of my type advantage. After that I went and beat Falkner. Pidgey evolved soon after.

I then went south and caught a Mareep, which I nicknamed vAporeon. I kept training it and it evolved into Flaaffy on the way to Azalea Town. Once I reached Azalea Town I went and saw Kurt and then saved the Slowpoke. After that I went a beat Bugsy, who went down quickly because I had a type advantage. I then beat my rival who had named 'Eropav' and then obtained Cut before making my way to Goldenrod City. I straight away went to the National Park and participated in the Bug Catching Contest where I caught a Venonat, which I nicknamed Vaporeon.

After that I went back to Goldenrod City and challenged and beat Whitney. Due to my Pokémon's higher levels, she wasn't that hard. I then got the Squirtbottle and removed Sudowoodo before reaching Ecruteak City. I saw Bill and the Pokémon Centre and then went back to his house in Goldenrod to get Eevee, which I nicknamed vaporEon. After that I went to the Burned Tower and beat my rival before seeing off the legendary beasts. After all of that I challenged and beat Morty with some difficulty. Eevee evolved into Espeon.

The Team:
Spr_2g_048.png

Vaporeon (Venonat) Lv29.
Moves: Tackle, Leech Life, Confusion, Stun Spore.
Spr_2g_180.png

vAporeon (Flaaffy) Lv29.
Moves: Tackle, Rock Smash, Thundershock, Thunder Wave.
Spr_2g_017.png

vaPoreon (Pidgeotto) Lv29.
Moves: Whirlwind, Mud-Slap, Gust, Quick Attack.
Spr_2g_196.png

vaporEon (Espeon) Lv29.
Moves: Tackle, Tail Whip, Sand-Attack, Quick Attack.

Hann

What's all the Buzz about...
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 8, 2020
Black

Episode 1
  • Chose Snivy and hacked Bowser the Squirtle in.
  • Defeated N and Bianca, went to the Trainer's school and defeated Cheren too.
  • Went to the Dreamyard and got Panpour, stored him and defeated Chili with Bowser.
  • Team Plasma was causing a ruckus in the Dreamyard and I solved it with Bianca who was really no help at all. Taught HM 01 Cut to Snivy.
  • Caught Stripes the Blitzle, YD Pigeon the Pidove and Bowser evolved!
  • Defeated Cheren a second time and Team Plasma was being annoying again. Bianca couldn't solve it alone and Cheren roped me into helping her.
  • Team Plasma blasted off again and I lazily continued my way to Nacrene City.
  • Once there N ambushed me in front of the Gym and he horribly lost.
  • Trained my 3 team members and defeated Lenora!

Team:
8.png

Bowser the Modest Wartortle (M) @ Lv. 20
Ability: Torrent
Item: Mystic Water
Tackle
Bite
Bubble
Water Gun

519.png

YD Pigeon the Lonely Pidove (M) @ Lv. 18
Ability: Super Luck
Gust
Air Cutter
Roost
Quick Attack

522.png

Stripes the Hasty Blitzle (M) @ Lv. 18
Ability: Lightningrod
Quick Attack
Flame Charge
Thunder Wave
Shock Wave

495.png

Snivy
HM Slave
Cut

vaporeon7

Years
Part Two:
I decided to continue on into Olivine City and went into the Glitter Lighthouse. In there I defeated all the trainers and met Jasmine for the first time. After doing that I headed to Cianwood City. On the way, Flaaffy evolved into Ampharos and Venonat evolved into Venomoth. Once I reached the City I got the Secretpotion and defeated Chuck easily.

Upon my return to Olivine City, I healed my Pokémon and went back to the good ol' lighthouse, which I once again climbed. I gave the medicine to Jasmine and she went back to her gym. I followed her to the gym and challenged her. This was by far the most difficult one yet. I managed to get some luck with Mud-Slap and Magnemite. Ampharos was the real saviour of the team with Rock Smash and Fire Punch dealing super-effective damage.

After all of that I headed to Mahogany Town, where I healed and then headed north. I reached the Lake of Rage and calmed the Red Gyarados. Lance then asked me to help him with Team Rocket, so I did. We destroyed their plans at Mahogany Town and Pidgeotto evolved into Pidgeot. I then challenged Pryce and swept his team with Ampharos.

Professor Elm called and I went to Goldenrod City where I cleared out Team Rocket for the last time at the Radio Tower. I then returned to Mahogany Town and went east where I got Fisherman Wilton's number and waited and waited until a swarm of Remoraid came. I caught one and nicknamed it vapOreon. Remoraid quickly evolved into Octillery and I went through Ice Path. I challenged Clair and managed to defeat her without to much difficulty. I then returned to New Bark Town and got the Master Ball.

The Team:
Spr_2g_049.png

Vaporeon (Venomoth) Lv40.
Moves: Gust, Sludge Bomb, Psybeam, Stun Spore.
Spr_2g_181.png

vAporeon (Ampharos) Lv40.
Moves: Fire Punch, Rock Smash, Thunderpunch, Thunder Wave.
Spr_2g_018.png

vaPoreon (Pidgeot) Lv40.
Moves: Wing Attack, Mud-Slap, Fly, Quick Attack.
Spr_2g_224.png

vapOreon (Octillery) Lv40.
Moves: Aurora Beam, Octazooka, Surf, Psybeam.
Spr_2g_196.png

vaporEon (Espeon) Lv40.
Moves: Swift, Psybeam, Sand-Attack, Quick Attack.

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2023
Short Update!!
  1. Did the starting events
  2. Got a Zangoose with Shadow Claw,Scratch, and Swords Dance as Egg Moves, and a Larvitar with Earthquake, Sandstorm, Rock Slide, Dark Pulse as Egg Moves.
Team:
Lvl 5 Zangoose
Lvl 3 Larvitar
Lvl 6 Chimchar(will box this one)
Hoping to catch a Tangela, Exeggcute, Aerodactyl, Swampert/Snorlax.

Years
  • Age 27
  • iowa
  • Seen Feb 24, 2016
Username: Kitred123
Game(s): Red, for now.
Team:
Kabutops
Ivysaur
Tauros
Raichu
Exeggcute
Dodrio

vaporeon7

Years
Part Three:
Okay so this is a small update. I went east and took my first step into Kanto. I continued on and caught a Ponyta, which I nicknamed vapoReon. I kept going and Ponyta evolved into Rapidash. I made it to and through Victory Road, where I made quick work of my rival. Before I challenged the Pokémon League, I trained my Pokémon.

First up was Will. Using Venomoth, Ampharos and Espeon, I was able to wipe out his team with a barrage of super-effective moves. The MVP of the battle was Ampharos. Next up was Koga. Again I swept with more super-effective moves. The MVP of the battle was Espeon. The third battle was against Bruno. More sweeping occurred and he went down pretty quickly. The MVP of the battle was Espeon again. The last battle of the Elite 4 was Karen. She was the least easy, but she still lost pretty quick. The MVP of the team was Venomoth. Last but not least was Lance. He was obviously the most challenging of them all, but because of typings, I was able to win without much difficulty. The MVP of the battle was Octillery. After the battles I entered the Hall of Fame. (I still am going to defeat Red).

wRjea.png

The Team:
Spr_2g_049.png

Vaporeon (Venomoth) Lv46.
Moves: Gust, Sludge Bomb, Psybeam, Sleep Powder.
Spr_2g_181.png

vAporeon (Ampharos) Lv46.
Moves: Fire Punch, Dynamicpunch, Thunderpunch, Thunder Wave.
Spr_2g_018.png

vaPoreon (Pidgeot) Lv46.
Spr_2g_224.png

vapOreon (Octillery) Lv46.
Spr_2g_078.png

vapoReon (Rapidash) Lv46.
Moves: Iron Tail, Ember, Stomp, Take Down.
Spr_2g_196.png

vaporEon (Espeon) Lv46.
Moves: Swift, Psybeam, Shadow Ball, Quick Attack.

Candy

Years
I actually already started my journey (all the way to Lt. Surge, actually), but I noticed that I couldn't save... So I had to restart.

Ultimate Username Challenge - Kanto Run

UPDATE #1

Spoiler:

vaporeon7

Years
Part Four:
After battling at the Pokémon League and becoming the champion, I received a call from Professor Elm. He gave me a ticked for the SS. Aqua. I took the SS. Aqua to Vermillion City. As soon as I got there I challenged and quickly defeated Lt. Surge. After that I went north to Saffron City where I challenged Sabrina. With a few Shadow Balls from Espeon, I defeated her.

After that I continued going north to Cerulean City where I learned that I had to go check out what was happening at the Power Plant. I went there and got sent back to Cerulean City where I defeated the last remaining Team Rocket grunt. I fixed the electricity and the I challenged Misty to a gym battle. I won, and not because all her moves missed. After that I went to Celadon City. I destroyed Erika's team in a gym battle because of all my massive type advantages.

The Team:
Spr_2g_049.png

Vaporeon (Venomoth) Lv49.
Moves: Giga Drain, Sludge Bomb, Psychic, Sleep Powder.
Spr_2g_181.png

vAporeon (Ampharos) Lv49.
Spr_2g_018.png

vaPoreon (Pidgeot) Lv49.
Spr_2g_224.png

vapOreon (Octillery) Lv49.
Spr_2g_078.png

vapoReon (Rapidash) Lv49.
Spr_2g_196.png

vaporEon (Espeon) Lv49.
Moves: Zap Cannon, Psychic, Shadow Ball, Quick Attack.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Well, as I stated in the old thread, I plan to finish my ultimate on B/W.

Tentative Black Team:

Jellicent
Darmanitan
Throh
Haxorus
Eelektross
Beartic/Braviary

Not sure when I'll get to it though, I'm focused on other challenges right now, and I am getting a little burned out on Unova...

vaporeon7

Years
Part five:
I left Celadon City and headed east to Lavender Town. I got the Expansion Card for my Pokégear so I could listen to the radio in Kanto. I then went to Fuchsia City and defeated Janine without any trouble. After that, I flew back to Vermillion City and cleared the Snorlax from the front of Diglett's Cave. Then I went to Pewter City and absolutely destroyed Brock. After that I went to Mt. Moon and defeated my rival the last time before reaching Viridian City and then Pallet Town.

I then continued going down to Cinnabar Island and then onto the Seafoam Island where I quickly beat Blaine. I then flew back to Viridian City, where with a somewhat easy battle, beat Blue. After that I went back to Pallet Town and got clearance from Professor Oak to go to Mt. Silver. I then headed west to Mt. Silver, where I trained my Pokémon a little bit before heading inside. I quickly made my way through the cave and came up to Red.

I challenged Red. His Pikachu went down quickly to Venomoth's Sleep Powder and Psychic combination. Red's next Pokémon was Snorlax, who proved to be frustrating, but Espeon was able to defeat it with Zap Cannon paralysis and Psychic. He then sent out his Espeon, and after being paralysed by my own Espeon's Zap Cannon, was able to be knocked out by Rapidash. Venusaur was next. Venusaur's type disadvantage made it go down quickly to Pidgeot. His Charizard suffered a similar fate with Octillery, and so did Blastoise with Ampharos. After the most difficult battle of the entire game, I had completed the challenge. The MVP was Espeon because of its great speed and special attack.

ckqnS.png

The Team:
Spr_2g_049.png

Vaporeon (Venomoth) Lv54.
Moves: Giga Drain, Sludge Bomb, Psychic, Sleep Powder.
Spr_2g_181.png

vAporeon (Ampharos) Lv54.
Spr_2g_018.png

vaPoreon (Pidgeot) Lv54.
Spr_2g_224.png

vapOreon (Octillery) Lv54.
Moves: Ice Beam, Octazooka, Surf, Psybeam.
Spr_2g_078.png

vapoReon (Rapidash) Lv54.
Spr_2g_196.png

vaporEon (Espeon) Lv54.
Moves: Zap Cannon, Psychic, Shadow Ball, Quick Attack.

Years
  • Age 27
  • iowa
  • Seen Feb 24, 2016
First and only update!

Spoiler:

Chose Bulbasaur as Starter, named him kItred
Did all the beginning storyline joyous wonderful stuff
Ran through countless numbers of Kakuna and Weedle
Captured kitRed the Pikachu at Lv. 3
Trained Bulbasaur and Pikachu to Lv. 10 and beat my rival on Route 9
Made my way through Viridian Forest and went straight to Brock
As expected Bulbasaur took him down no problem
Bulbasaur evolved into Ivysaur in Mt. Moon
Received the Dome Fossil
Misty is down and out for the count
Pikachu solo'd my Rival at Nugget Bridge
Received SS Anne Ticket
Pikachu went for solo x2 on my Rival on SS Anne
Caught and Oddish to teach Cut for now
Leech Seed + PoisonPowder took down Lt. Surge
Ivysaur evolved into Venasaur halfway through Rock Tunnel… had to return to my save before Lt. Surge
Took things a little more carefully this time, made it through Rock Tunnel with an Ivysaur
Stopped Ivysaur's evolution at Erika's gym, this will get annoying
Remembered Doduo resides right outside Celadon, caught one
On Lv. 18 Doduo only knows Peck… my God
Doduo took down 2 of Erika's 3 pokemon, like a boss, and Pikachu took out Vileplume
Did a happy dance realizing 2 more of my teammates are almost here
My rival is going to be solo'd by Pikachu every single time… I can feel it after number 3
Doduo evolved in the Rocket Hideout
Cleared out the Rocket Hideout and beat a restless mother
Biked down to Fuchsia City, Tauros and Exeggcute here I come!
I thought finding a Pikachu was hard… holy Tauros.
Training through Silph Co., regretting Exeggcute, Doduo Evolution
Taught Exeggcute Psychic, which helped on Koga's Koffings
Dodrio solo'd Sabrina with no damage taken to himself
Used Lapras to Surf over to Cinnabar
Ressurected Kabuto, my final team member
Training some more
Evolved Exeggcute allowing him to learn Stomp and Mega Drain, he's useful now
Evolved Kabuto
Kaputops slaughtered Blaine with no damage
Kabutops and Exeggutor took out Giovanni for one final time
Elite Four training goes here
Evolution of Pikachu
Took down the E4 using a LOT of items thanks to me not wanting to train any longer

And the team is...
Spoiler:

Probably going to sign up for a run on White or Black, seeing as it's Spring Break for me so I have more than enough time.

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
Years
Updated first post, if I missed anything, let me know. :)

I saw this and I went. Why not give it a try? Count me in.

Username: "Stuart" Its my RL name, and its 6 letters.
Game(s): White
Team(s):

Samurott
Throh
Unfezant
Archeops
Reuniclus
Tranquill

This is for your username, not your real life name.

Well, as I stated in the old thread, I plan to finish my ultimate on B/W.

Tentative Black Team:

Jellicent
Darmanitan
Throh
Haxorus
Eelektross
Beartic/Braviary

Not sure when I'll get to it though, I'm focused on other challenges right now, and I am getting a little burned out on Unova...

Glad to see you're finishing it. I know how it feels to get burned out on a region (Kanto for me, because of all the solos and other challenges mixed in).

Probably going to sign up for a run on White or Black, seeing as it's Spring Break for me so I have more than enough time.

I can't wait for my Spring Break. I'm going to go challenge-crazy.

Years
  • Age 27
  • iowa
  • Seen Feb 24, 2016
Alrighty! Time for my run on White version.

Name: Kitred123
Game: White
Pokemon:
Krookodile
Infernape
Togekiss
Roserade
Elektross
Dewgong

Also, do you care when I hack in my Pokemon? I refuse to do it all at the beginning so maybe just one after each gym?

Enigma

Years
Alrighty! Time for my run on White version.

Name: Kitred123
Game: White
Pokemon:
Krookodile
Infernape
Togekiss
Roserade
Elektross
Dewgong

Also, do you care when I hack in my Pokemon? I refuse to do it all at the beginning so maybe just one after each gym?

I don't really care. Whatever you choose to do will be fine.

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2013
Username: bulbasaur21
Game: Blue
Team:
Blastoise
Lickitung
Beedrill
Aerodactyl
Sandslash
Arcanine

There aren't any first generation pokemon that start with U, therefore I couldn't use the u in my name. When I get around to doing the other games, I will use the U

Enigma

Years
Username: bulbasaur21
Game: Blue
Team:
Blastoise
Lickitung
Beedrill
Aerodactyl
Sandslash
Arcanine

There aren't any first generation pokemon that start with U, therefore I couldn't use the u in my name. When I get around to doing the other games, I will use the U

Just letting you know that if you plan on doing an ultimate, then you'd need to be consistent with your letters (meaning you can only use blbasa).

Candy

Years
Let's continue with the challenge, shall we?

Ultimate Username Challenge - Kanto Run

UPDATE #2

Spoiler:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back