• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 24, 2009
Hey guys!I know it's been a few weeks,it's just that my chaining was full of fail the entire time.Today that changed when I caught a shiny male Absol.I can't come up with a nickname to match his awesomeness!It was kind by accident because I was chaining for it on the bus to school and everyone knows that buses aren't exactly the smoothest rides,making it hard to get the right patches.Now,I'm determined to find a shiny Rattata and name him Algernon in honor of 'Flowers for Algernon',a really good movie.Soo,good luck on you hunts!^^

I liked that book/movie good luck with that, gratz on the Absol

Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2008
Congrats on the absol Zara :D

Put 100 more SR's into Charmander last night :) But none were shiny :( It's ok! He'll come soon!....hopefully

super onii chan

I think I'm here to stay
Years
yo i got a question i hit a 40 chain(that was my first time) so u can see how happy i was so im running along tryin to find that shiny, never found a shiny with pokeradar, doin this for 2 HOURS!!!! and still didnt get a shiny i caught the bidoof that broke my chain and he will SUFFER!!!! so is there anything im doin wrong with the chaining... how come it took 2hours no shiny thats bull

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 24, 2009
Well you have a 1/200 shot of getting a sint patch every time you reset your radar after 40 but that doesnt add up, thik of rolling a 200 sided die, even if you get say 5 but you trying for 30 if you roll it again 5 is still gonna be there

Years
  • Seen Feb 19, 2011
It is aggravating getting a 40 chain and seeing no shiny for a long time. I almost ran out of Super Repels before the shiny patch appeared for my new Misdreavus. I also got a shiny Stantler as well.

super onii chan

I think I'm here to stay
Years
but the resond im frustrated is because i have no pokerader shinies and that was a good chance of gettin my first one.... i guess all i can say is i have to try again... thx god for static and electric pokemon

Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2008
Shinyhunter011, sorry to hear about your broken chain :( I could imagine how after al lthat hard work, you get no shiny :( It's alright though! There's always next time =)

Still been going at Charmander! Hope it comes soon!

--Good luck Graceful Assassin on S. Turtwig! :D

Runasutaru

Guardian Spectre
Years
'Sup, guys? Have been absent for a few days, my bro has been taking possession of (his XD) PC quite often nowadays...Damn BT raids in WoW. :P

Even so, my breeding is going hot now! Nearly filling up the box for my 15th time and by this time, my Eevee breeding parents have very good IVs! The female I already evolved into Umbreon so she starts learning moves (She's gonna be one of my later Rookies in training ;D) and the male has got a Hardy nature, so he only works for breeding. :(
With as much precision as I can muster and with the help of my Counting Eggs, I've opened almost 450 Eevee eggs! It's slower 'cause of the D/P IV checking techniques (I miss Emerald! ;_; ) but it can still be done. :P

If anyone wishes to make a reservation for an Umbreon/Vaporeon (Non-Shiny, of course), feel free to tell me! Until I get a Female, Bold(Or any other good defensive nature) Shiny Eevee, I won't stop, so many Eevees with good IVs still to come! :P

Congrats on all the new Shinies, BTW!

Ahoy, ahoy! *Flies away on Niri, my normal Staraptor, 'cause that's her job, actually*

Niri: Staaaaaaar! *Up up n' away!*

~*Runasutaru*~

P.S: I discovered I can animate stuff with ImageReady recently! So I'm going to make myself some sort of Shiny Pokémon card, animated one. Using my own sort of thing, though. :P

Feraligatr master

Im British you know!
Years
Well i have excellant news, the egg hunting is over at long last. i will upload the images soon due to my phone dying on me. I did breed for it though, as the riliy egg hatched into a brilliant rialou in terms of iv's and Jolly natured.

I'll post a video on youtube hopefully of it in battle and evolving into Lucario.

My next target will be Starly as Staraptor is awsome in shiny.

Will edit this post with pictures.

Runasutaru

Guardian Spectre
Years
Woo hoo, someone's Shiny Breeding spree has succeeded! Congrats, my friend! It's an especially great achievement considering the suckiness that is breeding in D/P. XD
Say, you wouldn't want to get me one of your spare good IVed Lucarios in change of one of my Umbreons or Vaporeons when/if I do get WiFi someday, would ya? :P

And yes, Staraptor owns. ^_^ Mine's IVs are kinda low because I chained it, sure is worth it to breed as well, even though you don't really NEED any of its Egg Moves so you can do without if you just want a mildly competitive Shiny, but that's the way to go for sure! ^_^

Lil-Dill

I need to change that ^
Years
Wow...I havent posted here in quite sometime. Well it looks like Im not going to get my DS back for a long time so until then Im not a shiny hunter and Im not sure weather I still have my shiny pokemon or not.

Good luck to all.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Bah, still no luck on anything.. ;; You think I should change my id in firered or is that "the lesser the number, the better chance" just bull? Right now it's 23466 which looks so kewl but I haven't had any results (haven't counted but I've been at this since December or so).

Sorry to hear what happened to your game, LilDill.. I hope it pops up soon but things look hopeless. D:

Congrats on all of the new shiny captures. I wish I had a hatched shiny or at least more Sr'd ones.. Good luck to everyone else.

The Graceful Assassin

Dispose Of The Betrayer....
Years
Great job feraligatr master, i was thinking of going for riolu as well after turtwig. That actually reminds me of my first egg shiny my bashful natured gible that i foolishly deleted. good luck to eveyone and like Runasutaru said shiny staraptor is awesome.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 24, 2009
Woo hoo, someone's Shiny Breeding spree has succeeded! Congrats, my friend! It's an especially great achievement considering the suckiness that is breeding in D/P. XD
Say, you wouldn't want to get me one of your spare good IVed Lucarios in change of one of my Umbreons or Vaporeons when/if I do get WiFi someday, would ya? :P

And yes, Staraptor owns. ^_^ Mine's IVs are kinda low because I chained it, sure is worth it to breed as well, even though you don't really NEED any of its Egg Moves so you can do without if you just want a mildly competitive Shiny, but that's the way to go for sure! ^_^

I can tell you that your shiny Staraptor can be very effective in competive egg moves or no lol mine 1HKO'd a garchomp, I love her more than ever now that I've given her a good moveset as I get more into competitive battles I'll probly use her as a late game sweeper or a revenge killer.

On a different note my internet was down from about 9:30 last night when I had just enough time to check my messages on myspace until just 10 minutes ago I got bored in that time so I started EVing a hippopotos I got and ended up getting a shiny bidoof out of it, I'm gonna stick to my word and not allow it out of the pc ever though

Lil-Dill

I need to change that ^
Years
TheBigGammer, you found a shiny BUIZEL? :O When? And congratulations..

Well I got nothing to hunt....:/
:'(

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 24, 2009
Thanks, I had that buizel for a while but my pc was unable to copy/paste pics for some reson until I got my wireless router, when I installed the software for the router it said my internet browser was outdated so it updated it for me and now copy/paste works and I can change my friend list on myspace which it was unable to do. I got that Treeko in a trade so I'm not gonna acually count it other than putting it in my sig, I'm not sure on what I want to do with it the IVs are pretty god aweful,after I battle I had yesterday I've discontinues using Floatzel until further notice do to his performance so I gotta get the EV reducing berries and give him a good spread.

So far as far as competative is concerned:

Birdy the Starapter has a perma sport on non weather teams, she lost yesterday but I got doubts about the legitamacy of the Flygon my opponent used, it 1HKO's my Kingdra which isn't a surprise but it did 75% to birdy AFTER intimidate and out speeded her as well, my opponent may have had a 252/252 spread for attack and speed and may have had a choice band equiped as well though

Hyote the Manectric: Depends on the teir I'm playing in at that time she's a bit too fragile to use for an OU battle

Floatzel: Depending on my revamp of him he's out for now

Treeko: He's out unless I feel like training him

I also got a shiny geodude in a trade but it's level 61 with a pretty bad moveset so I'm keeping it out

Runasutaru

Guardian Spectre
Years
Oh yeah, I forgot to say that! Congrats on the Shiny Buizel! Hope you can give it a good EV spread. :P

Lil-Dill, it really sucks that your bro...Argh! *Picks up her scythe and points it at his neck*

SPIT IT OUT! >O

Bro: ...*Shivers*

Oh, alright... *Moves it out*
Good luck recovering the DS, Shiny Lugia and Ho-oh are like... *_*

...In other news, I've passed 450 eggs opened! Obviously no Shinies yet, I mean, 450 eggs is nothing. XD But at this time, I've got a very good male parent and a female I urgently need to replace due to only having 21 in Sp.Def :( The male has got 3 IVs at 30 and one at 29. 8D
I got two spare male Eevees with Curse/Yawn/Wish (with IVs just as good as my current male's) that I am keeping in case anyone in the club wants to breed for a Shiny Eevee! (This, of course, once I have WiFi XD) Aren't I nice? (>^.^)>

Another cool thing I was making while I was breeding for some eggs (I had to stop to eat lunch after and then just proceeded on focusing on it only) is the cool animated card in my signature! Do ya like it? :P I thought I needed an informative card 'cause I want their names to be showing. ^_^

I guess if anyone wants one, I could make it, but you're gonna have to give me some precise data! The only thing I didn't include in that animation was the Held Item, I felt it was kinda pointless.

If not that visible, the format of it goes like:

Level Stats Number of Ribbons

Name Gender Poffin Levels
Nature Moveset
Ability

Yes, that thing on the bottom right corner of the Pokémon is my copyright symbol, if you were wondering. ^^

Last edited:
Back