• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2008
Thanks for the wise words of encouragement :D ..Emerald actually but I get your point ;)

By the way, congrats on breeding a decent Luxray (whatever that is :P not a diamond/pearl player)! Good luck to you too on your Shiyn Eevee. Do you know what you may evolve it into?

Runasutaru

Guardian Spectre
Years
Actually, not really. Well, at least it'll be anything but Leafeon and Glaceon (Grass and Ice evos), because it's just a highlight difference. I think it will depend on the IVs and nature when I get it, it seems. :P
And here's Luxray.

Edit: w00t, first page post. XD

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Hey everyone.

After someone down at SPPf recently acquired a shiny Squirtle, I'm inspired to get one myself. We are also sorta racing to see who can complete the Kanto starter set first; I have gotten a shiny Charmander and shiny Bulbasaur while she has gotten a shiny Charmander and Squirtle. My ID on LG is 04996, which I will change if I don't get shiny Squirtle within the month.

I've also been SRing for a shiny Lapras. I'll never forget how jealous I was of DT Ed when he came saying that he got a shiny Lapras...

Good luck, everyone.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Knight stalker: Good luck on Charmander and it's gonna take a lot more that that but hopefully not thousands..

Runasutaru: Good luck on Eevee and I suggest evolving it into Umbreon.. It's the sexiest eeveelution shiny. XD

Matty101: Thanks and good luck on Feebas. :3

Brawl: Good luck on getting Lapras and Squirtle. I know you can beat her too. :O

As for me, um failure. Pokeradar patches throw me off.. |D

Jonbo

The Sunflora Savior
Years
Im workin on getting a shiny, but my chains sometimes break very early for no reason. I read the FAQ thread and Im following everything it says. Any tips?

TwilightBlade

Years
Brawl: Thanks but chaining umm.. Rots my brain. XD

Jonbo: Go on youtube and look for Shuko's chaining guide. Also there is another good one but I forgot the user lol. But keep trying; you'll get higher eventually. ^^

Knight stalker: Good luck on your hunt too because Char is wicked cool.

Um, I'm not gonna chain much anymore till winter break. I may however soft reset for something in the mean time. But I was also thinking of trying to hatch a shiny Cyndaquil.. Or Weedle though that's a waste of a hatch lol. Maybe Yanma? Idk, I'll think more on winter break since I have a few more assignments and exams left. :B

Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2008
I hope you haven't been tallying them xD

Good luck Knight and hope you get it before 1000 :)

I've been looking for nearly 6 hours now and still can't find a shiny feebas.

I have a question though (a bit off-topic): Would it be better to use Old Rod or Super Rod? I thought that Old Rod would be quicker (only 1 snag) but it seems to real in a lot of Tentacool and Magikarps. When I try with Super Rod, I find myself missing snags accidentally or getting many Carvanha (which I wouldn't mind shiny ;) )...Any opinions or answers with backup?

TwilightBlade

Years
Lol too bad I beat you.. XD

Um, Feebas only appear by using the Super Rod. And Carvanha apparently have a 100% encounter rate when using the Super Rod on that route. So you should just keep trying what you've been doing... And watch the dots to help prevent snags I think. But won't the tile change tomorrow? Then you should go to breeding really.. D;

Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2008
I've used all 3 rods and they all attract Feebas. Evidently, because of it's speed, the Old Rod brings in more Feebas. And I regularly go back to Dewford and reconfirm that "[_____ _____]". I hope that keeps the Trendy Phrase the same. I hate breeding because it takes WAY too long :(

EDIT: After a 4 minute test with both the Old Rod and Super Rod, the Old Rod is a clear winner. The one-snag rod, although it attracts other Pokemon, still hooks Feebas at least twice as fast compared to the Super Rod.

EDIT2: If I get a Shiny Feebas, I'm naming it after you TwilightBlade :D Any suggestions for names you like?

Last edited:

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
It turns out that the user who I'm racing for the complete shiny Kanto starter set is also going for Lapras...I'm getting the feeling she is beginning to copy me...

Might as well race her for it.

My schedule until Winter Break looks odd. There are also some life issues I'm going through right now. I dunno how much time I'll have to hunt. I'll still be hunting, but probably not as much as I'd like.

Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2008
Private message her requesting that she stop copying you and making everything into a competition.

I spent 2 hours last night searching for Shiny Feebas but still can't find the little sucker. Hopefully it'll show up today :) Best of luck to everyone!

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Oh, no, no, no, you seem to have misinterpreted what I said; I have no problem with her copying me, I like racing. The only thing about racing is that no matter how much of a "headstart" (meaning I started SRing LONG before she did) someone has, the person who started befor can still win. I remember when a certain member got a shiny Latias in less than 24 hours after I had been SRing for over 2 months by then.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 19, 2015
Err... well it seems I may have been neglecting pokemon and this forum lately, I really should be focusing on my studies my teachers are all getting mad at me, which is quite unlike me...
So really what I wanted to say was you may not be seeing me a lot lately but I'm going to try to focus more, so good luck everybody. :3

knight stalker

rayquaza will be mine!!
Years
hey thanks twilight balde and matty 101! i wish luck to u guys 2! well im now at 950 soft resets do to homework! i hate homework! but anyways i hoping for it before 1500! if not i will keep going! well good luck to everyone on there hunts!

Years
I'll join up again after ages and before I wasn't a serious shiny hunter.

I still do not currently have a shiny, I have just learnt how to chain.

Highest chain: 21

TwilightBlade

Years
Matty101: Well I was sure that you'd have to use Super to find them.. But again, I never experimented with the Feebas catching spree lol. Aww and I'm touched.. :3 Lawl dun literally name it after me since my name sucks. Um maybe Saphira, Aquamarine, Cascade, Mai, blah blah water themeish if it's a girl. For boy um they're just as girly so they aren't good. XD

Brawl: Lol well keep on racing her and good luck. And she's not copying ye.. Great minds think alike. Life issues wut? Is it a girl? I'll chain saw her if she's being a dog rawr.

Gibbo: Yeah, I sometimes do that too and leave the site for a while... Hope to see you have more shiny action soon but don't neglect homework for pokemon now. ;P

Dragonking_ShinyElite: Congrats on the lovely shiny Numel.

knight stalker: No problem and keep at it and it'll show up in no time.

Skii: Hey Skii, glad to see you here. Good luck on whatever you can hunt next. But you can't be accepted into the club unless a co-owner fully approves and I don't know where they usually run around nowdays.. But still, feel free to dive into the discussion. ;D

Umm me zomg I remember now. I had a creepy dream last night.. I was playing a pokemon bootleg and got a shiny Beedrill and other nonsense and it effing crashed. It's been a long time since I dreamed about made up games but I think this was an evil sign... Lol last dream was about a golden Ho-oh.. After playing Blue version too much. o_o;

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
FireRed: Soft resetting for Lapras, as usual. However, I think I may leave Lapras for a little bit (30 minutes or so) to train my shiny Bulbasaur up a few levels. Even though I only have three badges and my shiny Bulbasaur is at Lvl. 42, it has trouble against higher leveled Pokemon that resists Razor Leaf because of its lowish stats (it is unevolved after all). I'll probably train it to level 45, then come back.

LG: SRing for shiny Squirtle. I get the fleeting feeling that I won't get it or shiny Lapras soon.

Diamond: SRing for shiny Cranidos, but I kinda want to chain for Growlithe now. Kinda.

Pearl: SRing for Turtwig, though not very often at all.

Good luck, everyone.

Back