• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: POKEMON: Dark Rising

nomi1993a

Nauman Nasir
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 13, 2013
So my review of this hack. Pretty interesting storyline and very challenging. I enjoyed that the character you played actually communicated with the other person as well besides them just talking to you. I was looking for some of my favorite pokemon in this game like Latios and Latias but they weren't in this game. Oh well. At least all the starters were in this game. The only thing that would've made this game better is if all the bugs, sprites, and scripts were fixed. Sometimes there were invisible sprites so it made it seemed that you were talking to an invisible person, sprites were at locations but you can't talk to them (could cause a freeze in game sometimes), and some people who you could talk to were in the form of items, weird. lol.

Overall, I think is this hack is a 3 out of 5. Great storyline. A lot and I mean a lot of trainers to battle but very noticeable bugs, script errors, and tile errors. And challenging but expectancy is to get your pokemon by level 100 by the end of this game so maybe too challenging. But I still think this is a great hack. Great job DarkRisingGirl and team. There's always room for improvement. Hope to see that in Dark Rising 2.

Hmm... You could battle Giovanni in the cave between Water Caverns & Atlantic City since you couldn't before b/c his pokemon level was in the 90s. Otherwise I think you're done. I finished the pokemon league too and there's doesn't seem like anything else you can do. The blockage is probably because of bug issues. There's also another block issue going north from Pax Town. Dark Rising 2 continues to the Omni Region which is still being worked on and like Darkrisinggirl said that will probably not be released until after the release of Pokemon X and Y since there will be Pokemon X and Y in that version.

Thanx 4 the rly i loved the game, now we should w8 foq DR2 which seems like should not come before december. . , whould u help me which hack should i ply now

k-van

Ruler of K-vanian Empire
Years
If you're in Millennium City after defeating Yugi, your next destination is to go to twist woodlands because the gym is now opened. You can fly tiki village or fells town to reach it. If you're at the DR HQ, go to Huntik Route and you'll see a cave door, enter it and you'll be at trident waters, which is apart of the main map.

I just finished beating V-Reborn and I can't use fly because I apparently missed a gym somewhere, I can't get into the cave on Huntik Route and I cannot get into the cave right beside DR HQ. Now what am I supposed to do?

EDIT: Wait scratch that. I am retarded and completely forgot about the path north of Pax Town. :s

Last edited:

Sleeping Snorlax

I'm blocking your path
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2014
Im starting up a new team to take on the Elite 4 again and from ready over the posts in this thread it seems like Ferrothorn and Lucario are two of the better pokemon to use. Any other would you guys think are helpful? Also for anyone who has used Ferrothorn and Lucario, what move sets and natures should I be looking for and running?

This game is just to awesome to stop playing :)

As for my team, here you go (I forgot to screen cap during ceremony I was so excited that I finally got through lol)

Decided to redo the E4 with my original team again just so I can have my Hall of Fame picture to display.. if anyone cares to look at it :P
OyQvwG3.jpg

Last edited:
Years
Im starting up a new team to take on the Elite 4 again and from ready over the posts in this thread it seems like Ferrothorn and Lucario are two of the better pokemon to use. Any other would you guys think are helpful? Also for anyone who has used Ferrothorn and Lucario, what move sets and natures should I be looking for and running?

This game is just to awesome to stop playing :)

Decided to redo the E4 with my original team again just so I can have my Hall of Fame picture to display.. if anyone cares to look at it :P
Actually where is Krookodile in your image :cheeky: and it depends on your own choice whether you want a good aggressive steel/fighting type or a defensive steel/grass type poke

Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2014
Hey, Is there a move deleter in this hack? I accidently taught Cut to my main pokemon and its just stuck there XD
Thanks...

Sleeping Snorlax

I'm blocking your path
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2014
Actually where is Krookodile in your image :cheeky: and it depends on your own choice whether you want a good aggressive steel/fighting type or a defensive steel/grass type poke

Hahaha. Yea I realized that I forgot to put Krookodile back into my team after I caught Rayquaza lol :(. Next to Snorlax he's my 2nd favourite. I will be using him in my second team. I think I would go with the aggressive approach :P. What moves work well against Lugia, I couldn't get any super effective hits and fighting didn't affect him?

Years
  • Seen Mar 3, 2024
Thanx 4 the rly i loved the game, now we should w8 foq DR2 which seems like should not come before december. . , whould u help me which hack should i ply now

Well I'm not sure which you have or haven't played yet but I'm starting now on Victory Fire. Great hack with an interesting storyline and cool sprites too. The grammar needs to be fixed but you still get an idea of what the text is saying.

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
Years
DarkRisingGirl, you just made me love you with the reference to my favorite ROM Hack in Millennium City.

As far as my progress so far, Im at a point where Im considering releasing the Salamence I have so I can get a new Dragon type to replace it due to Dragonbreath being Salamence's only good Dragon move and it being so weak.

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
DarkRisingGirl, you just made me love you with the reference to my favorite ROM Hack in Millennium City.

As far as my progress so far, Im at a point where Im considering releasing the Salamence I have so I can get a new Dragon type to replace it due to Dragonbreath being Salamence's only good Dragon move and it being so weak.

lol Thanks, but it should've learned Dragon Pulse at Lv30 when it evolved into Shelgon. Outrage may be coming soon so don't give up on your dragon. ^.^

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
Years
lol Thanks, but it should've learned Dragon Pulse at Lv30 when it evolved into Shelgon. Outrage may be coming soon so don't give up on your dragon. ^.^

It never learned Dragon Pulse, evolved into Shelgon at 31 I think, and I never use Outrage due to the Confusion effect. Plus, my Salamence was already Lvl 100 by the time I got to the SS Titanic.

Now that Ive beaten all the Gym Leaders, Im pretty much done with the game as far as I can tell. I will be reworking my team so that none of the Pokemon Ive got have been tainted by my use of Rare Candies. Im thinking of using the Giratina I caught as my Dragon type, a tossup between Sawk and Throh for my Fighting type, a new Jellicant for Water (never saw a female one in the entire hack), a new Victini for my Fire and Psychic (Or that Chandelure for Fire, but then I'd need to drop Giratina for Rayquaza as Dragon...)

All in all, Ive enjoyed few references I caught and had a blast following the story, but wasnt that keen on the idea of so much level grinding just to beat the Gyms. I mean, even with the VS Seeker (which you get after beating Brock the first time, which he's in the 40s range and Im probably only around 25 at the time) and then the Lucky Eggs (which are in the freaking Ice city which is the 5th or so Gym) to level up, it's still so much grinding that I'd rather just start with a Lvl 20 Pokemon Starter and grind up from there.

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
It never learned Dragon Pulse, evolved into Shelgon at 31 I think, and I never use Outrage due to the Confusion effect. Plus, my Salamence was already Lvl 100 by the time I got to the SS Titanic.

Now that Ive beaten all the Gym Leaders, Im pretty much done with the game as far as I can tell. I will be reworking my team so that none of the Pokemon Ive got have been tainted by my use of Rare Candies. Im thinking of using the Giratina I caught as my Dragon type, a tossup between Sawk and Throh for my Fighting type, a new Jellicant for Water (never saw a female one in the entire hack), a new Victini for my Fire and Psychic (Or that Chandelure for Fire, but then I'd need to drop Giratina for Rayquaza as Dragon...)

All in all, Ive enjoyed few references I caught and had a blast following the story, but wasnt that keen on the idea of so much level grinding just to beat the Gyms. I mean, even with the VS Seeker (which you get after beating Brock the first time, which he's in the 40s range and Im probably only around 25 at the time) and then the Lucky Eggs (which are in the freaking Ice city which is the 5th or so Gym) to level up, it's still so much grinding that I'd rather just start with a Lvl 20 Pokemon Starter and grind up from there.

Did you defeat N & The 4 Knights, as well as Adrian, the champ?

Years
Hey, Is there a move deleter in this hack? I accidently taught Cut to my main pokemon and its just stuck there XD
Thanks...
You can find the Move Deleter in Montage Fortress. His house is beside the PokeMart.

Hahaha. Yea I realized that I forgot to put Krookodile back into my team after I caught Rayquaza lol :(. Next to Snorlax he's my 2nd favourite. I will be using him in my second team. I think I would go with the aggressive approach :P. What moves work well against Lugia, I couldn't get any super effective hits and fighting didn't affect him?
Haa Go on with the aggressive approach then. By the way beating Dark Lugia is really a mess but I just used two moves and he was a fried egg ( Double Team and Thunderwave from my Eelektross )

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Luc is best as mixed sweeper, so get a nature that boosts either of attacking stats or speed stat (the attacking stats are better as Luc isn't that much of a quick Pokemon...) and decreases one defense stat (as Luc doesn't hold much anyway) probably the defense as special defense can sometimes come in handy against fire types.
As for the moveset... Zen Headbutt - Crunch/Shadow Ball - Aura Sphere - Ice Punch.
The second move depends on your choice and nature. If you have +Att, go for Shadow Ball, if +SpAtt go for Crunch (yes, it's reversed in the 3rd generation)

What moves work well against Lugia, I couldn't get any super effective hits and fighting didn't affect him?
It's XD001 in other words, Shadow Lugia, so it's obviously Dark/Ghost =D (should have been Dark/Ghost with Wonder Guard, though...)

1) Giratina should not be caught as it belongs to Yami but screw that... it has only Shadow Ball and Dragon Claw as moves so it might not be that useful...
2) 3rd generation games do not allow form changing according to gender... (until Jambo finishes his patch, though)

Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2014
Wow this game is soooo buggy XD
When i use fly on a certain town it shows me one place, but when i use it to go there, it just takes me
to other town o-o
And when i use teleport it just teleports me to other freaky places o-o

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Wow this game is soooo buggy XD
When i use fly on a certain town it shows me one place, but when i use it to go there, it just takes me
to other town o-o
And when i use teleport it just teleports me to other freaky places o-o
Teleport is not good move to use in hacks as it follows the original Fire Red routes and most of hacks have different maps so this is what happens...
It's not only this hack's feature...
It's similar to double battle cloning bug.

nomi1993a

Nauman Nasir
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 13, 2013
Well I'm not sure which you have or haven't played yet but I'm starting now on Victory Fire. Great hack with an interesting storyline and cool sprites too. The grammar needs to be fixed but you still get an idea of what the text is saying.
yeh dude iam currently playing pokemon victory fire iam on 5th gym. . I gues it has only 7 gyms,which means the game isnt completed yet. . Any ways thanx again

Last edited:

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
Years
Did you defeat N & The 4 Knights, as well as Adrian, the champ?
I didnt know what I was supposed to do about Dragon Stones, so I ended up deleting the hack. I didnt really see it as too important, but I might go for another fresh start later on, although I'll more than likely have to give myself a Lucky Egg to start off so Lvling up isnt as much of a chore.

1) Giratina should not be caught as it belongs to Yami but screw that... it has only Shadow Ball and Dragon Claw as moves so it might not be that useful...
2) 3rd generation games do not allow form changing according to gender... (until Jambo finishes his patch, though)

I caught it when he told me that he had weakened it. I do that with every Event Legendary: I catch first then defeat. Only Giratina was glitched with the MissingNo Circle and his Dex entry zoomed to Blitzle's. And mine had Shadow Claw and Dragon Claw. As far as the whole female Frillish and Jellicant, I didnt really mind much.

Last edited:

Sleeping Snorlax

I'm blocking your path
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2014
Haa Go on with the aggressive approach then. By the way beating Dark Lugia is really a mess but I just used two moves and he was a fried egg ( Double Team and Thunderwave from my Eelektross )

LOL. Yea I got half way through my E4 fight and realized that Krook was missing :P oh well. Used Rayquaza as my sacrifice to revive Gengar for the Destiny Bond ;). I ended up just waiting until that Dark Chaos move ran out of pp and spammed EQ with Landorus.... I guess I scrambled his egg haha

Luc is best as mixed sweeper, so get a nature that boosts either of attacking stats or speed stat (the attacking stats are better as Luc isn't that much of a quick Pokemon...) and decreases one defense stat (as Luc doesn't hold much anyway) probably the defense as special defense can sometimes come in handy against fire types.
As for the moveset... Zen Headbutt - Crunch/Shadow Ball - Aura Sphere - Ice Punch.
The second move depends on your choice and nature. If you have +Att, go for Shadow Ball, if +SpAtt go for Crunch (yes, it's reversed in the 3rd generation)

It's XD001 in other words, Shadow Lugia, so it's obviously Dark/Ghost =D (should have been Dark/Ghost with Wonder Guard, though...)

You my friend are a psychic. I was think of going with almost the exact same set. A Mild natured Lucario (+SpAtk -Def). Oh yes have to love the original physical/special splits. OH GOD! Shadow Lugia w/ wonder guard would be awful. I think I would actually cry then LOL

Years
Is there any towns that have the large department stores where i can purchase vitamins? As soon as i get there i'm going to grind for money and start officially working on my team. Deciding if i want to go with a blaziken or infernape.

Back