• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Cobalt [Indefinite Hiatus]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I really like the game and so far I have not found errors.
Here's my team, have just arrived at the first gym.

1574300503.png
:D Sweet team yo.

awesome!!! I cant wait how long before this is completed?
Absolutely no idea haha. Thanks though!

hey! im gonna download this tomorrow. shame u had to restart. anyways, do u need anyone to make sprites for battles? if so just put ur ideas in a post and ill get started as soon as i see the post. also, can u edit the ow sprite for raikou it looks a bit small
Sprites aren't a major concern at the moment but if I do need help, I'll be sure to contact you. I agree, I'll change the Beasts' overworlds :D

Oooo!!
Glad to see this is back.
Like last time, I wish this the greatest of lucks and will play the next release of it, however long it may take.
Thanks dude!

There is a glitch on Route 3 i used a repel and when i went in the tall grass a lvl 1 ?????????? appeared.
Hm, that's weird. Hopefully it wont happen in the rerelease of Beta 1.

any information on when you will be releasing beta 2?
Well, right now I'm working on redoing Beta 1, with some added features, so Beta 2 is quite far off for now, sorry D:

Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2019
Do you still plan on adding fakemon to this hack? I think it looks excellent so far but fakemon usually put me off playing a hack as often... they aren't so good. I really like new evolutions and pre-evos of current Pokémon so if they are just those and they are done well then I'll be happy! :)

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
That bank script is pretty cool :) Do you get interest on your money or does the bank have another function?

Also I really love your clean-cut text formatting, however the first screenshot looks a bit weird since Torchic is the same red as the mother's text. Also I guess the 'and' should also be red. It's a bit problematic having a fire Pokémon xD - Saying that I can't think of an alternative way to do it.

Looking good so far :3 I'll play the beta once exams are over hopefully!

Doa

Analyzer
Years
This isn't a bad hack for the first beta. I just started it, and I'm pretty glad you chose the Hoenn starters over Kanto (and Johto, seeing as I have way too many Johto hacks). The beginning seems pretty believable too, and having the grunts block an area right off the bat is an interesting touch.

I'll keep playing and see if I can find any glitches or whatnot. If you're looking for "official" beta testers, let me know.

Years
Do you still plan on adding fakemon to this hack? I think it looks excellent so far but fakemon usually put me off playing a hack as often... they aren't so good. I really like new evolutions and pre-evos of current Pokémon so if they are just those and they are done well then I'll be happy! :)
Well at the moment I have no fakemon inserted, I do plan to include some but it's not exactly a top priority at the moment.

That bank script is pretty cool :) Do you get interest on your money or does the bank have another function?

Also I really love your clean-cut text formatting, however the first screenshot looks a bit weird since Torchic is the same red as the mother's text. Also I guess the 'and' should also be red. It's a bit problematic having a fire Pokémon xD - Saying that I can't think of an alternative way to do it.

Looking good so far :3 I'll play the beta once exams are over hopefully!
I'm still thinking about the interest system. I don't think I should insert an RTC just for that, so I'll probably make it so everytime you deposit money your interest is increased a little or something.

I've changed that script so that "Torchic" is orange instead of red (not the ugly, default orange colour - it's an edited colour). Thanks for the suggestion!
eXDWG.png

This isn't a bad hack for the first beta. I just started it, and I'm pretty glad you chose the Hoenn starters over Kanto (and Johto, seeing as I have way too many Johto hacks). The beginning seems pretty believable too, and having the grunts block an area right off the bat is an interesting touch.

I'll keep playing and see if I can find any glitches or whatnot. If you're looking for "official" beta testers, let me know.
Thanks! If and when beta testers are needed, I'll post here, so stay tuned.

Last edited:
Years
Really awesome, the rocks look nicely inserted.
I think the platform that the trainer is on should be changed to something more natural, like a concrete platform or something like that?

Hm, possibly. The tiles are placeholders for now, like most of the gym tiles.
Thanks for the comment, though.

(as a side note, that screen looks glitchy for some reason. here, have a fixed version)
s9h6d.png

Rokou

» inactive
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 21, 2014
Not bad, definitely one of those projects with lots of potential. I'm waiting for future updates and beta 2, good luck Spherical Ice. :)

Years
Not bad, definitely one of those projects with lots of potential. I'm waiting for future updates and beta 2, good luck Spherical Ice. :)

Now, I have nothing to show at the moment. Because of a glitch that is annoyingly unfixable and other small things wrong with this ROM I'm starting again, this time applying any external hacks first and then working on from that, so work will be delayed. I'm proud to say that the amazing Lucrian is allowing me to use his Fakemon; you should definitely check him out at http://lucrian.deviantart.com/.

Anyway, that's about it for now. See you when I've got something substantial to show, haha.

Last edited:
Years
Aaaaaaaand we're back to where we were before!

I just want to make it clear what exactly I've been doing.

Back in 2011, I released the first Beta of Dark Cobalt. This is the one you guys have probably played. Sometime in late 2011, my computer crashed and the data on it was irretrievable. This meant that I had lost all the work I had done since Beta 1. That included a lot of bugfixes and small changes, so instead of doing all that work again I decided to start fresh and start on a new ROM. That ROM, however, also got corrupted, but not terribly, so I was able to transfer over the maps and most of the scripts and everything was fine. These last few months were me working on getting all that data back.

So now, I finally have an update for you guys. I'm getting close to catching up to what the Beta release is at, but I plan to add some extra events and stuff to do because I'd feel bad just rereleasing essentially the same hack with some changes. Anyway, here are some screenshots on the stuff I've worked on.

sUi74.png
rq2pM.png
UdWBA.png

10LaY.png
DwiaD.png
IW57q.png

X86YV.png
e8KjB.png
TtfNU.png

960eF.png
PlBMz.png
y4vrO.png

And finally, a nice selection of Lucrian's awesome fakémon that I have inserted:
aRq3p.png
h7awT.png
BMxP0.png

The levels are not necessarily accurate, neither is the fact that they are all found in grass.

Last edited:
Years
Cool ! nice update pal keep it up! But how many fakemon will be in ? Also.it's awesome to have ruby/ sapphire starters

I've not got an exact amount planned, but its' not going to be an entire Pokédex full of fakemon. There are going to be more Nintendo Pokémon than fakemon. Thanks :D

Truality

Left for good
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 17, 2013
Awww man, this ROM corruption has enraged us both multiple times... but anyhow, it's great to see you're back up and running!

These screenshots are good, can't wait to see whatever more is coming!

Years
nice. this hacks back (: im not a big fan of fakemon but the fakemon actually look nice xD
:D Thanks
Are all the starters and Legendaries Catchable?
Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe.

Seriously though, some legendaries and starters will be available, probably not all of them though.
Awww man, this ROM corruption has enraged us both multiple times... but anyhow, it's great to see you're back up and running!

These screenshots are good, can't wait to see whatever more is coming!
Yeah it sucks. Can't even blame anyone, either D:

Thanks dude.

So, who's got two thumbs and is awful at updating his thread? This guy right here.

have some screenshots you dirty fiends

C81Lb.png
h3KRs.png
rsxUm.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back