• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] RéBURST ~RéBOOT~ [M] [OOC+SU]

Sephear

Believe in the you that believes in cheese
Years
Dude, that would be hilarious. I can just imagine Eric being all fired up and his Aron trying to back out of the fight. Also, bros are made through battles, that is the ultimate truth.

I can dig it B), I like to party.

Dansparce

The Unbeatable
Years
Is it too late for me to send in my sign up? If it is then ok, I was too slow. If it isn't, I'll have it in before the end of the day.

Chalifoux

:: Certified Granblue Fantasy Nerd ::
Years
It certainly isn't late for signing up, Dan! :3 Feel free to drop a SU form anytime you want :D

Chalifoux

Years
@amerininja. Six Pokemon have been taken. Eevee, Skitty, Torchic, Pikachu and Aron, with Munchlax chosen by Sephy as part of the exception he requested :3

This is to say that Treecko, Mudkip, Ponyta, Spheal and a fourth I forgot are still available :] However, [supporter]Scyke[/supporter] expressed his interest in signing-up for Treecko, and I'm sure he's still gonna join so, yeah :]

Sephear

Years
It makes me proud I was good enough to get something different =P

PS if anyone wants to interact with Jay in their first/second post feel free.

Chalifoux

Years
There are technically no reservations, but we can let the other know that you'll try to sign-up for Ponyta so that they don't steal it from you ;]

Songbird

Tonight, the marigolds bloom for her.
Years
  • Seen Mar 19, 2024
I'll quote what I said on the first page.

There are no actual reservations. We acknowledge your first-ness and/or preference for Pokémon, but you'll just have to be accepted before (or have a subjectively better character than) whoever else wants the same spot/Pokémon. Otherwise, it's free game.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
I went over Imoen's Magikarp Fu with Songbird before I posted this, so yeah. :3

~

===>GENERAL DATA

Full Name: Imoen Patricia Gesenbow.

==>IN-DEPTH

Appearance:

Imoen's family thinks of her as a fairly plain girl, overall. Her face is a pretty round shape with cheekbones not too prominent or depressed, a round button nose that curves up ever so slightly, and full lips that are constantly open, ever so slightly, and glossy with the only make-up she ever wears. Large blue orbs make up her eyes, as though she's staring at somewhere just over your shoulder, and are framed eyebrows and eyelashes just long enough to notice, but not long enough to surprise.

Despite her plain appearance, Imoen's has plenty of natural color to spruce up her perfectly pale skin, which burns in any heavy sunlight. Much of it is marred by a heavy smattering of freckles that cover her nose and cheeks, along with her sometimes bared shoulders. Besides her calming blue eyes, her head is framed by a brilliant ginger head of hair, cut into a simple style that hangs over either side of her face, doesn't get into her eyesight, and reaches down to her freckled shoulders.

Imoen's form isn't special, with an average bust size and hips that flare out just enough to fill her jeans properly, and long, slender limbs that could probably be defined as possessing a thickness below average. She possesses about as much musculature as any regular hiker, meaning she's more buff than most civilians, though she rarely flexes, so it doesn't show. One of the other slightly-interesting things about Imoen is that she has small feet, but it isn't enough to hold anyone's attention to the fairly pretty and not particularly interesting young woman.

Her attire is just as uninspiring as the rest of her. Imoen wears blue jeans, with no accessories, that are slightly worn from general use and have deep pockets. On her feet, she wears comfortable sneakers, white with red lining, with velcro straps and plain white socks underneath them. Adorning her torso is normally a brown haltertop that cuts off above her cleavage and hangs down just past the button of her jeans. If it's chilly, she puts on a brown jacket. She wears no watch, jewelry, or other accessories.

Spoiler:

Personality

"Heya. It's just me; Imoen."

Imoen would like to be a Pokemon trainer because it's nice to show everyone just what a simple girl from a simple town with a simple look and a simple Pokemon can do, if they try. She has no grand schemes or motivations for going on her journey, and relatively few worries about going on it to begin with. There are lots of people like that already, and she's made unique by her lack of any such extraordinary attributes, besides wanting to prove to people that she can do it, if she wants to, and so could any other simple folk. Probably. They just...don't want to.

She's kind enough, on the general social level. She'll put up with people being idiots around her if she's in their homes and out on the street, pay vague attention to things she doesn't really care about so they don't think poorly of her, and she'll follow conventions in certain areas, like hanging her jacket on a peg, turning her phone off when she's entering a PokeCenter, or offering a polite prayer before dinner if she's in the home of a religious-type. And it makes her feel guilty to shirk people working for charities, so she gives them some money, too.

If asked what she likes, Imoen generally responds with "things", as they are what she likes. She likes to watch the sun rise and set, likes to visit beaches and parks when it's a nice day, as long as it won't burn her skin, and likes to avoid places that are generally wet, because it makes her hair frizzy, but, if the water's warm, she'll go for a swim in her navy blue one-piece swimsuit and have an ice cream afterwards as a naughty treat. She listens to music, but isn't too picky about it, and will listen to whatever comes on.

To name her flaws, she doesn't have much to say. She could probably stand to be less lazy and get some more exercise, besides walking, and eat less junk food, because it's bad for her teeth and her arteries. She only eats three pieces of fruit a day, takes place in no official sporting events besides the Pokemon League, and can have a short temper if she has overslept or underslept. She sometimes gets into arguments with her friends over petty things, but they're normally resolved pretty quickly.

She has a few quirks, though they're not very significant. She likes to have four sugars in her tea or coffee, and no milk whatsoever, and if she eats any pastries with icing, cream, or fruits on them, she licks those things off before nibbling away at the pastry itself. Her undies and pajamas, the latter being a proper pajama top and proper pajama pants, are marked for every day of the week, and, on special occasions, she enjoys the chance to wear something out of the ordinary, like a paper tiara or facepaint.

Sometimes, Imoen gets a bit angry, and when this happens, she uses her Magikarp like a club and beats them until they beg for forgiveness. This is her default mode when she enters Pokemon battles, as well; in such cases, she uses her Magikarp to beat opposing Pokemon into submission, and it's a tactic that has worked so far. Before she got her Magikarp, she carried around a freshly-caught fish that she used to beat people with, although those fights were a bit more messy, and she couldn't use the same one twice.

Background

Imoen's father was an accountant called Biff and her mother was a housewife going by the name of Naomi, and she lacks any siblings, besides a lot of aunts, uncles, and cousins. She grew up in the suburbs of Mauville city, where she had a few friends and visits from her family, and generally had a good childhood, with no events that stand out, besides a few funny stories to tell around the table and the fact that she didn't know what to do for a career as she grew older.

Passing into puberty was a curious experience for Imoen and the people around her. While she suffered no particular ill effects from it, such as acne, it also seemed to be affecting her differently from the other girls. She didn't take interest in boys, girls, animals, or even sockpuppets, and didn't much care for rebellion, either. The result of her puberty only became clear, one day, when she was spending some time at the mall with a few of her friends, and somebody passed by and made fun of her for being ginger.

Suffice to say, that teenager never made fun of her again, as he left with a bloodied nose and bits of haddock all over his clothes. She was swiftly brought to an anger management class for this curious event, and the psychiatrist could find nothing wrong with her, save for the fact that she would often go into rages when people insulted her, and that the only way to control it was to not insult her, keep her away from fish, and to try some medicine that would keep her at a low energy level.

Her parents, deciding that they knew best, decided to get Imoen a hobby, so she'd have something else to focus on, and it just so happened to be Pokemon training. And while it has provided a good outlet for her anger, so far, it's mostly just given her a re-usable fish and an excuse to hurt people, even though her reasons for doing, on a personal level, are to get people to stop thinking of simple civilians as simple. Because that tends to set off her rages...

=>POKÉMON

Starter Pokémon

129.gif

Ni the Magikarp
[Rattled]
Splash | Hydro Pump​

Personality

Ni is like most other Magikarp, being simple and stupid, without any defining personality traits besides doing what they do best; that being eating and hitting things very hard. She likes her job, though, as she doesn't even have to splash around and hurl herself, like the other Magikarp, because her trainer does that for her. It's a good life.

T'others

618.gif

Flunschlick the Stunfisk
Lv.5
[STATIC]
Mud Slap | Mud Sport | Bide​

Last edited:

Chalifoux

Years
@Lilizuki. I apologize for my not replying. I wash't able to use a real computer until 5 minutes ago... ACCEPTED!
Lilizuki said:
Starter Pokémon: Magikarp
ಠ_ಠ
Bridy via PM said:
Her Magikarp must have Splash and Hydro Pump, and nothing more.
ಠ_ರೃ

Okay xD ---
129.gif

Magikarp
[Rattled]
Splash | Hydro Pump​

I'll make sure to do an IC reply for Anty, Khalil and Sephy anytime soon :3
As a completely unrelated side not, the IC of the original RéBURST has fallen to the second page...

EDIT: Posted, squeegee!
Also, the Dexes look like this:
Pokédex_BW.png

That because this RP takes place parallel to BW... SPOILERS!

Last edited:

Sephear

Years
W00! Typing up my post now!

So just thought of something Beats, is there anyway I could work in the "Leftovers" concept for Romanov? Or should I have some sort of system where he picks up berries with out me noticing and has them in his fur for crazy moments in battles?

Last edited:

Chalifoux

Years
@Sephy. I see no problem with that as long as you don't abuse it. Just take a Leftovers once -maybe twice- and some Oran berries now and then. Just don't get a Rowap Berry out of Romanov every ten seconds ;]

Regarding other people, I have nothing against you finding items/berries now and then, it's your journey after all :] Just be reasonable about this and it'll all be okay :3

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
I have a question. My deductions, derived from my investigations, have led me to a certain peculiar conclusion whose definitude shall be defined by a clarification only oneself such as a meister of the gaming arts shall be capable of enlightening. Is madame Professor, such as she is named, in vertible fact, a hottie?

Chalifoux

Years
I have a question. My deductions, derived from my investigations, have led me to a certain peculiar conclusion whose definitude shall be defined by a clarification only oneself such as a meister of the gaming arts shall be capable of enlightening. Is madame Professor, such as she is named, in vertible fact, a hottie?

xD Bahaha, oh my god, I'm dying of laughter here :p
That's a very pretty way of asking if she's hot.
Which, as a matter of fact, she is, somewhat :]
Although she's an 8 in a scale of 1 to Fan-Service-Galore, but still... Pretty face and pretty smile, 'nuff said.

Sephear

Years
Well I just meant how would the healing aspect of the leftovers work.

Also I second the crazy fish-club lady's question.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
xD Bahaha, oh my god, I'm dying of laughter here :p
That's a very pretty way of asking if she's hot.
Which, as a matter of fact, she is, somewhat :]
Although she's an 8 in a scale of 1 to Fan-Service-Galore, but still... Pretty face and pretty smile, 'nuff said.
Thanks for answering. ^^

I call dibs.

Sephear

Years
Woah lady, no dibs on da Prof, if you want dibs you gotta battle for'em! I don't want dibs but I like battling so...=P

Chalifoux

Years
Nice question, Sephy.
I suppose we could firstly work it out as all apples restoring health -like in the PMD series-. The more you eat, the more you heal. And if there's nothin' more to eat -the leftovers- then the mere fact of holding them could magically restore health -cause magic is very real- until they get all rotten and disgusting and eeeew. In which case please place them in a trash can...

I think it could work out this way, but, if you think of anything more simple we could do that instead :D
Also, there's plenty enough of the Professor for everyone. You can all research with her... if you now what I mean *wink, wink, nudge, nudge, wink, nudge, wink, nudge, nudge, wink*

And as a more serious note. What's your favorite rare/nearly extinct/extinct Poké? The Reserve can be a perfect excuse to make it appear :3

Back