The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 23rd, 2013, 11:36 AM
Rei Shingetsu
真月 零

Nature: Sassy

Advertise here
I stopped using Masterballs in Gen 4 (Purely because they also looked more suspicious when you are trading!).

BARIAN EMPEROR

. R E I . S H I N G E T S U .

Old September 23rd, 2013, 01:28 PM
Boilurn
Scald Pokémon

Nature: Mild
I have used the Master ball, but only on legendaries that are fairly powerful, so that I could use them in the PWT or the Battle Subway. I caught Thundurus on White and then Heatran and Terrakion in White 2.
Old September 23rd, 2013, 01:30 PM
Zach
Sniiiii~

Nature: Jolly
I used my Master Ball in Black on Reshiram and then in Black 2 on Kyurem, just so that I could at least guarantee a capture from them, and I typically do use the Master Ball on the mascot Pokémon of each game as well.
Fairy
Old September 24th, 2013, 04:30 AM
TheClassyOrca
What's the gist, physicist?

Nature: Relaxed
I never used my master balls in either game. I was way too paranoid that something would pop up. I've decided I'm just going to save them in case of a shiny or something.

Friend Code: 4656-6047-2332
~~
"Someone else's success is not your failure." - Jim Parsons
Old September 27th, 2013, 12:05 AM
rex862
Pokemon Breeder

I Only sometimes use it on the mascot legendaries so for black 2 i used mine on zekrom and kyreum

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old September 29th, 2013, 03:08 AM
Andrew Shard
Shards of Fury

I catch ALL my pokemon with pokeball including legendaries... I reach the end of the game with all my masterballs untouched and I often trade them or just keep them as a souvenir...
Old October 1st, 2013, 01:41 PM
Warsmith
Paranoid Murderer

Nature: Bold
I decided to use one on Landorous, koffi~

It's attacks were incredibly annoying and I managed to avoid nearly all of them due to Drifloon. Then it ran out of moves. And then used struggle. And then died. I tried putting it to sleep but it wakes up as soon as I throw another Pokeball and ultra balls didn't seem to work that day either. Landorous is such a piece of crap that I nicknamed it justly, koff~
FROM FAITH, COMETH HONOUR.
FROM HONOUR, COMETH IRON.
THIS IS THE UNBREAKABLE LITANY;
AND MAY IT FOREVER BE SO.
Old October 1st, 2013, 06:02 PM
Mithel_Celestia
Alluring Illusion

Nature: Modest
I have not used my Master ball, not once. I will horde it and see how many I can accumulate.

Trainer Data:
Full Name: Mithel "Myth" Celestia
Hometown: Lacunosa Town
Trainer class: Ranger, Psychic, Deceiver*
Specializes in: Dark, Psychic-Types

*Deceiver (Japanese: 奇術師 Illusionist) is a type of trainer class who specializes in Illusions and deceptive tactics to take advantage of their opponents. They are tricksters and tend to disguise themselves as another trainer class to deceive challenging trainers, but soon break off of it as soon as they are found. They tend to use annoyer and stall tactics such as Embargo and Swagger along with bulky and fast Dark-types like Zoroark and Umbreon to give trainers a hard time during battle.
Old October 3rd, 2013, 01:09 AM
Airhead
Banned

Nature: Quirky
Yup, I used mine on Reshiram, which was a huge mistake. I should have used it on Virizion! Damn it, next time I make a file Virizion all the way. :D
Old October 4th, 2013, 05:50 AM
Hibicakes

Nature: Modest
I stopped using Master Balls after catching Lugia in Gale of Darkness. I can't remember what generation was newest at the time, but since then I've been using Luxury Balls for legends. I love the design!
Old October 4th, 2013, 06:39 AM
ThePain73

I usually collect them as a way to count how many playthroughs of the games I do.

I did use one on my shiny Metagross though.

Worth it.
Old October 4th, 2013, 11:41 AM
AmourPearlShipper
Caution: Drunken people crossing

I usually use the Master Ball on one of the roaming genies.
SuperSkarmory | Serebii | Infernape in Ubers (peaked at #35!)
Old October 8th, 2013, 09:56 AM
dscottobrien1

I refuse to use master balls. for most legendaries, ill use a pokemon with false swipe to bring them to 1 HP, put them to sleep, and use whatever other balls I have in my bag. for the runners, I use Gengar with Mean look.
Old October 12th, 2013, 08:59 PM
Cadance
& Shining Armour

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Cadance
I used the Master Ball on Zekrom on White. I'm undecided on what I want to use it for on White 2, probably on Virizion since I wanted to catch it in White but couldn't do so with an Ultra ball. lol
Old October 16th, 2013, 01:05 PM
sh1nyzorua
zorua♥&♥zoroark

I used my first Master Ball to catch Reshiram just because I wanted to get through the game at that point. Now, I have a second Master Ball, and I'm waiting to use it on a shiny Virizion.

Gif by it-started-to-rain on Tumblr (:
Old October 16th, 2013, 05:56 PM
VerlisWolf

I havnt used my master ball since gen 3, maybe even 2. I always catch the legend in a pokeball then save the master ball for a wandering pokemon
Old October 16th, 2013, 08:29 PM
Vital
ignore the whisper

Send a message via Skype™ to Vital
I stopped using my Master Ball when I got Platinum, simply cause I liked the challenge of catching Pokemon.
Old October 16th, 2013, 09:01 PM
Vespy89

I never used a master ball in all of my time with playing pokemon games i always found it to be a little too easy to catch pokemon and so the challenge was gone.
Old October 28th, 2013, 05:10 AM
Hikamaru
pseudologia fantastica
Community Supporter

I do recall using a Master Ball on Kyurem when I played Black 2, I just didn't want the hassle of an extremely long battle. Other than that, I never used a Master Ball in my other 5th Gen games.

paired with AWsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | twl | profile | supporter

on a leave of absence

Old October 28th, 2013, 05:14 AM
Edward Newgate
Everyone is a child of the sea
Community Supporter

Hmm, I played pokemon black without using the master ball (yet),
in White 2 I used it to catch reshiram since I was out of other options (yes I know, "should've bought more balls before battle") and running away or killing it was not an option for me.

If I am ever getting X or Y I'm certainly going to try and catch all the legendaries without using the masterball though, it makes the game more challenging and, in my eyes, more fun.
- Munna
- Duosion
- Espurr
Send me a message if you add me, then I will add you too
Old October 28th, 2013, 08:01 AM
antemortem
resign to your demons

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to antemortem
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikari10 View Post
I do recall using a Master Ball on Kyurem when I played Black 2, I just didn't want the hassle of an extremely long battle. Other than that, I never used a Master Ball in my other 5th Gen games.
I did the same, and I don't believe I've used the Master Ball otherwise or plan to. It's kind of a waste.
Old October 28th, 2013, 01:54 PM
Hackbird64

I was originally saying to myself when I was battling a legendary, that I should save the master ball for another day. But now I see no need to save it, if it's not going to be used on anything else. Why not use what the game has given you?

I often find at the end of the game, I have a ton of max revives and ethers that I was saving, that I didn't need in the Elite Four. Now I've stopped saving these things, and use them when I need them instead. I think I will probably use my master ball on Mewtwo for my Y game. Otherwise it will just rot in my bag.

Old October 29th, 2013, 02:16 AM
Charcoal92

Nature: Careful
I first used a Master Ball on Mewtwo back in 1999. I only used it on Mewtwo on my Pokemon Y to be nostalgic. On HeartGold I used a Dusk Ball on Mewtwo so yeah.
Old October 29th, 2013, 02:24 AM
ganesha
The Graphical Master

Nature: Rash
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ganesha Send a message via Yahoo to ganesha Send a message via Skype™ to ganesha
I used my first Master Ball in FR for catching the Snorlax near Cycling road I did so because I ran out of other types of balls, I used Ultra Balls for the rest of Pokémon

And then I used it in Diamond only, in rest of the games I used Quick Balls, Timer Balls, Ultra Balls. Master Ball is not so special now just as the shinies, so I don't use it unless I run out of other balls.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here