• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Japanese B2W2 animated trailer

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Ah, but that doesn't necessarily make him good either - maybe he is just a different sort of antagonist. But it is hard to say on just what we know just yet. Shadow Triad is taking a mission too so they're taking orders from *someone* - but is that N, or someone else? And why do they need that scroll?

The trailer did well in that aspect - it gave us some info but also raised even more questions from it.
That's right, I mean Magma didn't agree with Aqua but both were antagonists in their own right in Emerald. Though I would like it if Akuroma wasn't really evil...
I'm glad to see the triad show up once more. Perhaps the scroll has the key to awakening Kyurem or reuniting the trio into one dragon.

ShadowStriatonTriad

Shadow Triad Elite
Years
Wait...WAIT!!! The Shadow Triad AND N are appearing in Black 2/White 2? Ahhh!!! My hopes that the Shadow Triad may be revealed as the Striaton Trio are still standing strong! After all, I haven't even seen the Striaton Trio in any of the game promotions (correct me if I'm wrong.) As for N, his return could prove to be successful. Akuroma also looks hot. And is that Elesa? Or just another electric-type model that resembles Elesa? I hope it's Elesa, but either way, she looks fine. I absolutely ADORE her new look.

I MUST get these games! I'm willing to pay the Euro on the high price when it's finally released. I haven't seen the video yet,
though. But the upcoming games look promising.

Last edited:
Years
Personally, I'm going with the idea that Akuroma WAS part of Team Plasma, but left. He could potentially still be an antagonist of some sort (heck, maybe he started the other Plasma). Buuuut that's for a different thread entirely.

Also what is this about the Stration Trio? I'm assuming we're talking about the Gym Leaders, and they look NOTHING like the Shadow Triad shown here o-o

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I think... Gamefreak is debunking the idea of the Shadow Tried being the Stration Triplets. Unless... they're wearing wigs and they also died their eyebrows white and everything.

OH WELL.

Years
Wait...WAIT!!! The Shadow Triad AND N are appearing in Black 2/White 2? Ahhh!!! My hopes that the Shadow Triad may be revealed as the Striaton Trio are still standing strong! After all, I haven't even seen the Striaton Trio in any of the game promotions (correct me if I'm wrong.) As for N, his return could prove to be successful. Akuroma also looks hot. And is that Elesa? Or just another electric-type model that resembles Elesa? I hope it's Elesa, but either way, she looks fine. I absolutely ADORE her new look.

I MUST get these games! I'm willing to pay the Euro on the high price when it's finally released. I haven't seen the video yet,
though. But the upcoming games look promising.

That's Elesa, she uses the same Pokémon. :) Just dyed her hair.

I like how most characters (all, except N) have some change in their appearance. Though we already knew that.

I like how they show the city covered in ice, though it is not what I imagined it's pretty... cool! HA. Man, there seems to be alot going on in these games. Can't wait.

Aquarius1997

The Horoscopical Master
Years
OH MA GAWD just got done watching it and i still am suprised

1)i dont hate palm tree any more he has now EARNED a special place in my heart. He looked SO good in the video

2) that rival is not against you but hes just your competitive friend
Hmmmm ok its a good idea but i seriously thought he hated the protag

3) belle is now sexy before she was cute but now with the glasses WOW i have a thing for glasses

4) WAT!!! AKUROMA IS NOT EVIL i was 1000% percent sure he was a creepy but goofy maniac( all because of his hair band thingy)

5) elesa you naughty little WOW YOUR HOT that dyed black hair i will have naughty dreams

6) i freaking love that new plasma girl she is VERY cute and yes finally different pokemon for the new plasma's team

Overall i literally screamed in a male tone when i saw this

Sooooooo fantastic

Years
Elesa as a brunette is even hotter!

What a great way to promote the games, hopefully it come out in English as well. It will definitely attract new players.

Thanks for the link!

I second both thoughts, I'd love to watch an anime/movie based on BW2, it has a story that doesn't feel as banally childish as the previous generations, and for a veteran player, this would be icing on the cake of a surprisingly enjoyable 5th generation.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
That was the most beautiful video for a game trailer I have ever seen. D'8
So beautiful it makes me cry. ;; <3
Like, Cheren looks boss as heck. Bianca is adorable. Akuroma got even cooler. The Triad is epic. Just, omigosh, this game needs to get here, NOW.

Lost Lore

From the Shadows
Years
This... this needs to become an actual anime series. Like now D:

I swear, I was already flipping when I saw the screencaps and then when I got to watch the actual video.... Yes. All my yes. ALL OF MY YESSSSSSSSSSS.

Now I'm all psyched up. I am going to be in such a good mood for the rest of today~

Korsola

エレクトロニック
Years
I have a feeling that I'm going to love the direction that Pokemon is going in for Black 2 and White 2. This trailer makes Pokemon seem so mature and so epic. Just the overall feel of it makes me excited.

I'm especially loving the re-design of Elesa. I thought she was such a cool gym leader in Black and White but now she seems tougher and her style seems more unique. Black hair really suits her. ^_^

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
I second both thoughts, I'd love to watch an anime/movie based on BW2, it has a story that doesn't feel as banally childish as the previous generations, and for a veteran player, this would be icing on the cake of a surprisingly enjoyable 5th generation.
Hopefully, this garners enough attention to encourage a new completely separate anime series to begin. It would be like, the first time I would watch an anime in over seven years. All I would like is a more mature, less childish Pokemon anime, and one that also has a plot much closer to the games, with absolutely no filler crap at all.

Although preferably I would like for it to start with a Black 1/White 1 adaption (but in the same style as the Black 2/White 2 promotional trailer), so that we know where N, Team Plasma, Bianca, and Cheren came from. Then Season 2 would be a Black 2/White 2 adaption, just like the trailer.

kohei

Pizzaman.
Years
After watching this a few times, I hope they switch anime Belle and Kamitsure's voice actresses with the ones in this PV.

Years
I hate to ruin it for everyone... but someone has to...
1) When this trailer comes to the US/Europe it will be censored as heck. Including Elesa. :disappoin (Come on now. Shes got that... harness thing... expect a redrawing of her...) For some odd reason the US Pokemon Company Branch likes to censor soooo many things.
2) An anime like the trailer isn't likely to happen. Epic, I admit but... like the others said budget problems, lack of substance/storyline, and etc. are contributing factors as to why an anime won't work. *Gets an urge to kill that vile thing called "Ash"*
3) THE REAL GAME ISN'T LIKE THIS! If it is I'm buying it. I got money to spend... if I don't i'll find a way.
4) I want epic commercials for EVERY Pokemon product now... Don't you?

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
Years
Wow. Wow. Wow.
I think I just got what I've been wishing for scince the original Pokemon anime. Even if it is only a trailer, anime based on the games using the -game- characters <3 The animation is beautiful, compared to the actual anime series. I wish the female protagonist had appeared, but it's probably for cannon reasons she did not.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
My main question is,if these are indeed in the game. How will they fit the pokemon in if their is 300 choices in the game? Are they going to change each and every pokemon we have in the scenes or are we going to have to use the pokemon they show in the main storyline? Another question I have is,are they gonna be in the normal DS version? I think they said a while back that there will be additional features in the 3DS versions of the game.

Back