• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

In-Game Team Questions (and Incomplete Team Help)

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Zagaato for sure. If it has 29HP then it's almost perfect Umbreon.
Yeah, it will have problems with Defense but that can be overcome by EV training.
As for Crunch... well... Umbreon isn't supposed to be played with attack moves... it's simply not suited for that... :/

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2012
Thanks, this is helpful. I'm looking at him as a Moonlight tank, but I guess I'm still part of that school of thought where I can't fathom the idea of having a Pokemon with no damage dealing moves.

Looks like I'll go with Zagaato unless my bf can catch someone better tonight. (Crowley would be a good Jolt/Vappy for him, anyway.) Thanks again!

Years
  • Seen Oct 14, 2012
Pokemon Party

So I choose Snivy as starter and was thinking as a team I would do

Serperior

Swanna

Elektross

Darmanitan with Zen Mode

Conkeldurr

and

Musharna or Excadrill

I really like Munna but also think Excadrill is really good. The pokemon I want to keep for sure are Serperior, Elektross, and Conkeldurr. Other than that, I need help deciding!

Serperior

Elektross

Conkeldurr

?
?
?

Thanks!

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Going to move this to the Team Help section's question thread, as that's where stuff like this belongs.

Years
  • Seen Oct 15, 2012
team help with pokemon up to 4th gen

Hello. I'm not sure if this is the right topic to ask about this. I'm playing a community made game called Pokemon Raptor EX. It has all pokemon from first 4 gens. I'm looking to build an all around team with regards to weaknesses and resistances etc. I don't know every pokemon of first four generations. To make it clear, I want a team who can deal with every type. Is this possible?

In previous official pokemon rpg games, I used to catch and train pokemon depending on the type of next gym's leader's pokemons. That would mean a lot of grinding most of the time and it bores me. I want to start training a team that would last till the end of the game (all pokemon till gen 5 are included, gen 5 is not). I don't have to catch them all before any gym. I can make it on the way as I go. I just don't want to change the pokemon much in my team because that means a lot of grinding as I stated earlier.

I'd be grateful if anyone helps.

My current team is:
pikachu
prinplup (my starter)
ivysaur
noctowl
nidorina
abra (currently grinding at level 15)

All my pokemon are about level 20. I have pidgeotto, vigoroth, celebi in storage. I think that's all. I don't want to include celebi. I don't want to make the game easier and blow all the fun out of it.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 14, 2012
Conkeldurr or Lucario?

I have a team with
Serperior
Sigilyph
Carracosta
Darmanitan
Eelektross
Conkeldurr/Lucario

Which one should I use? Please reply!

Thanks!

LividZephyr

Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks
Years
I have a team with
Serperior
Sigilyph
Carracosta
Darmanitan
Eelektross
Conkeldurr/Lucario

Which one should I use? Please reply!

Thanks!

Let's see.
Grass
Psychic/Flying
Rock/Water
Fire
Electric (w/Levitate)

Lucario's additional Steel typing grants it some vulnerability to fire, which you only seem to have one solution for, ground, which you have two Pokemon immune to, and Fighting, which Sigiliyph has every answer for. It also grants a lot of resistances, and could be more balanced given its dual-typing (it's a good thing to have a couple extra dual-types). Conkeldurr really doesn't have many resistances.

Conkeldurr has better ATK, DEF, and HP, but Lucario has huge advantages in SP. ATK and SPD - Lucario can easily be a handy mixed sweeper, which is great for in-game when you're not EV training. Conkeldurr has a limited movepool, however, and you'll likely be stuck with Bulk Up + One Fighting Attack + One Rock Attack + Strength. In-game, that's not a big deal. Lucario, however, can be turned into whatever you'd like, and I really can't offer decent movepool suggestions because of how versatile he is.

In the end, it's up to you: Do you want a brute-force tank or a mixed, dual-type tactical sweeper with a wealth of resistances? Based on your other selections, you already have a decent mix, and I really see either fitting in well.

Years
Good moveset for Blastoise?

This isn't for competitive battling, it's only for in-game use.
Right now, my Blastoise knows ice beam, surf, hydro pump, and water pulse at level 60. Which move should I replace for earthquake? I already have a few pokemon that know surf on my team so I was thinking about removing that.

LividZephyr

Years
This isn't for competitive battling, it's only for in-game use.
Right now, my Blastoise knows ice beam, surf, hydro pump, and water pulse at level 60. Which move should I replace for earthquake? I already have a few pokemon that know surf on my team so I was thinking about removing that.
I know it's for in-game teams. That's my expertise xD

You can't remove Ice Beam, and why do you have three water attacks? Water Pulse is the weakest of those, so Ice Beam / Surf / Hydro Pump / Earthquake works. Though you might want to have Crunch on there too, for more versatility. Just a suggestion!

DarkWolf13

Battle Subway Editor
Years
You can't remove Ice Beam, and why do you have three water attacks? Water Pulse is the weakest of those, so Ice Beam / Surf / Hydro Pump / Earthquake works. Though you might want to have Crunch on there too, for more versatility. Just a suggestion!

^Blastoise can't learn Crunch. It can learn Bite.

Zero Avenged

Be greater.
Years
So I was thinking of doing my first run through of White 2 with the three unova starters. But now I was considering doing Oshawott, Treecko and Charmander. What do you guys think?

LividZephyr

Years
So I was thinking of doing my first run through of White 2 with the three unova starters. But now I was considering doing Oshawott, Treecko and Charmander. What do you guys think?
Is it possible to trade prior-gen starters over? You can probably do so via eggs, really... so it's doable.

Serperior is basically Sceptile 2.0, so I don't really see a difference.

Charmander is probably better in-game than Emboar, but I haven't used Emboar so I don't have an opinion on him... I just really like the Char line xD

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Is it possible to trade prior-gen starters over? You can probably do so via eggs, really... so it's doable.
You can just send them into the game.

Serperior is basically Sceptile 2.0, so I don't really see a difference.
Not quite... if you have hidden ability Serperior with Leaf Storm, it's way better than Sceptile =D

Years
Tip and questions about team building

i have been playing Pokémon Leaf Green, and i wanted to ask some questions about building my team, or maybe multiple teams.

1st. do you think i should put pokemon i dont really like in my team, even if they are powerfull?

2nd. i want my mewtwo and my charizard on my team, but should i also put my 3 legendary birds on that same team?

3rd. if i make two teams, and also, get a squirtle, should blastoise and charizard be on the same team

if you can answer, thank you, if not, never mind.
and sorry if i posted this in the wrong category...

Years
how bout if i had metagross, blastoise, charizard, mewtwo, suicune and, hmm, either a gengar or golem, maybe steelix

and yea, i mean by trading...

Years
  • Seen Oct 14, 2012
Good water Pokemon to use

I don't know where to post this but someone told me to post it here

I need to decide most likely between Jellicant or Vaporion.
It has to be in game, so not Tirtouga

My team in Black 2 is Serperior, Eelektross, Lucario, Sigilyph, Magmortar, and a water Pokemon
Do you know any good ones?
I was thinking Jellicant or Vaporion or any other one, but please tell me why to use it.
Thanks!

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2017
Metagross will benefit you a lot. It's Guaranteed.
Blastoise will also be very useful to your team. You have to teach it some good moves.

Charizard...well if it's a favourite you should keep it if not replace with Blaziken.

You already have blastoise. Why suicune? Unless it's a favourite of course. I strongly recommend Zapdos. It's a killer pokemon.

Gengar is a good choice for a ghost type. To make it even better teach it sludge bomb.

Mewtwo benefits any team. No Recommendation here.

Back