• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Community Day XI

Years
  • Age 27
  • Online now
iologNU3p4N2P.png

Please make teams ahead of time for the tournaments you're interested in!

Also check out the new events called Battle Nights!

What is a Community Day?

Community Day is a get-together that's held on the PC Battle Server all day (but it's not exclusive to battling). Tournaments are a mainstay in Community Day, while other activities such as mafia, diplomacy, and the like can be hosted during CD as well. Basically, Community Day is just about having fun battling and chatting while the server is at its peak of activity. If you would like, you may suggest other activities in this thread that we can do during Community Day. Also, keep in mind that Community Day is meant to be a very laid-back event, so really anyone can participate. There's no pressure on whether you win or lose in a tournament, or if you don't join one at all. We're all doing this to have a good time.

When is the upcoming Community Day?

Community Day starts at 8 AM (UTC -4 / EST) on Saturday, August 3rd and ends at midnight. That is 8 AM in eastern USA; 1 PM in the UK; 8 PM in Western Australia; 10 PM in eastern Australia; and 5 AM in western USA. Just so you know, you don't need to be there at the launch; Community Day lasts all day so that everyone can participate regardless of their time zone.

How do I sign up?

There's no signing up required. All you have to do is show up on the PC Battle Server during the times we have listed in this thread. You might want to prepare teams for each tournament you plan on joining though. The tournament themes will be listed in this thread for that reason. Additionally, if you were online during this Community Day, you will receive the bronze emblem below. You can also get the silver or gold emblems if you've already participated in one or two Community Days, respectively.

I52iHRM.png
BiItSlj.png
CzEuzeS.png

What are the tournament rules, themes, and schedule?

All you have to do is follow BC's General Battle Rules. The ban lists for the tournament themes below can be found here. All tournaments are "Best of One" (participants battle each other once to determine a match-up) unless stated otherwise. Don't know what tiers are or need usage statistics? Use our Guides & Resources.

PC Battle Server themes
1. UU (moveset analyses)
2. NU (moveset analyses)
3. Generational OU (Pick a generation (using this list) and make a team with only Pokémon from said generation.)
4. Seasonal Random Battle (Read this article for more information.)
5. Singles or Doubles Random Battle (randomly generated teams)
6. OU (standard) (moveset analyses)
7. Random Battle 1-vs-1 (randomly generated teams)
8. High, Medium, or Low Tier Random Battle (randomly generated teams)
...then repeat

Wi-Fi themes
There will not be any Wi-Fi tournaments unless there's enough people that want them.

We will go from the first theme listed and make our way down. The Wi-Fi tournaments will most likely run at the same time as the server tournaments. The orders may change during Community Day, but it's not likely. There is also a chance that we'll use other themes if there's a demand for them.​

Last edited:

Ace.

Love Yourself
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 29, 2015
Yay Another Commday. Looking forward to this. n_n

HaiImNate

Ice Cream
Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2013
Cool! Odds are I'll have to work most of the day, but I'll try to make it through the morning events. :]

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
Haha, Comm day XI! Aye, that will be awesome. Can't wait and its sad that I couldnt show up at comm day X. I did, but could only play randbats. Anyway, looking forward to this one!

Zylas

Dat Trains Kid
Years
Caaaan't wait! Finally! Building a competitive battle team can be such a hassle on wi-fi, I'm so glad we're doing it on the server!

Sirfetch’d

This will be my 4th Commday and each one gets better! Looking forward to all of the tournies :3

Kiriyuuki Kasuna

<b><i><font color="#979C1F">Insert Purpose of Mean
Years
Wonderful, I can't wait until the 3rd of August, and this will be my 4th commday as well. :D
Will be there as either : Twihìki_Amiαs[Twihiki_Amias] /Kyοnn/YamiNoBlade, either one of them. ^_^

Sirfetch’d

Battle nights were amazing and I hope this is twice as fun as well! Just posting a general reminder though for everyone to make sure you have your teams prepared in advance because you never know when a tourney is gonna start and we can't delay starting one for everyone to make a team, so try to use these next 2 days to make sure all of your teams are finalized and ready for the events.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
I kinda forgot Commday existed. Oops. :(

Anyway, regardless, I'll try and make it! Fourth Commday, that's always good fun. I don't think I'll be there for a few hours, but I'll drop by before noon. :]

Back