• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

⚜ The Grass Type Pokemon Fan Club ⚜

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
picture.php

Welcome to the Grass type Pokemon Fanclub
As you may have already figured out, this club is based around and dedicated to the diverse range of grass type pokemon that most of us love and some of us hate. Though many seem to be weak and genuinely useless, so can prove to be formidable opponents. Aside from the fact that their offense can be generally weak and that more than a few types can resistant to their attacks, grass types are still proud of their surpreme special attack and defense. With so many grass types in existence its not hard to develop a liking to these Pokemon, so come in and join the fun and the discussion as we discuss all there is to know about the wonderful Pokemon grass types are!

Quick Rules ~

• Please respect other members' point of view and opinions. If you disagree with something they have to say, or beelive something otherwise, kindly state it and discuss your view further.
  • Don't spam nor double post please. I'd like to keep things need and orderly and spam and double posting does the exact opposite. THOUGH, I do love discussion so post away!
  • You can only claim 1 partner pokemon at one given time.
  • Anyone can start a topic, at any time, but do be considerate if a new topic has just begun, let it be fleshed out first then submit yours. This way everyone's topics can be discussed, plus topics won't overlap eachother too quickly.
  • HAVE FUN. Thats the main point of this club. I want everyone to enjoy themselves here.
  • Please refrain from swearing as we do have younger members here, plus its extremely rude.
  • Any rude remarks made by a fellow member aimed at a member or group of members in an atempt to humiliate or belittle them will be asked to leave the group.
  • No inappropriate content.
  • All other Pokemon Group Rules Apply, as well as the Forum Wide Rules.

Grass Type Pokemon~
0I3x5zNrDz5Ak25GOouGV4iAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

Bulbasaur
Ivysaur
Venusaur
Oddish
Gloom
Vileplume
Paras
Parasect
Bellsprout
Weepinbell
Victreebel
Exeggcute
Exeggutor
Tangela
Chikorita
Bayleef
Meganium
Bellossom
Hoppip
Skiploom
Jumpluff
Sunkern
Sunflora
Celebi
Treecko
Grovyle
Sceptile
Lotad
Lombre
Ludicolo
Seedot
Nuzleaf
Shiftry
Shroomish
Breloom
Roselia
Cacnea
Cacturne
Lileep
Cradily
Tropius
Turtwig
Grotle
Torterra
Budew
Roserade
Wormadam
Cherubi
Cherrim
Carnivine
Snover
Abomasnow
Tangrowth
Leafeon
Rotom
Shaymin
Shaymin
Snivy
Servine
Serperior
Pansage
Simisage
Sewaddle
Swadloon
Leavanny
Cottonee
Whimsicott
s Petilil
Lilligant
Maractus
Deerling
Sawsbuck
Foongus
Amoonguss
Ferroseed
Ferrothorn
Virizion

Name:
Partner Pokemon:
Reason for joining:
Answer the current topic!

Current Members & Partner Pokemon ~

• You may claim 1 Pokemon as your partner.
    A Pokemon can be claimed an unlimted number of times.

• Curious - Owner: Celebi.
  • AlexiOzzyCake: Foongus.
  • Avishka: Lilligant.
  • Hikari10: Roserade
  • Zupplu: Meganium
  • Olli97: Treecko
  • PokemonLady: Shaymin
  • mikalina: Leia (Leavanny)
  • Lara: Meganium
  • Twiggy♪: Twiggy (Trutwig)
  • Xeberos: Torterra
  • Cirno: Whimscott.
  • D4rkra8isz: Spike (Cacturne)
  • Sector Revenge: Autumn (Leafeon)
  • Cardinal: Snaptrap (Carnivine)
  • Starlight: Serperior
  • Oweena: Tropius
  • Halycon: Xavier (Sawsbuck)
  • angelomanalo: Snowy (Abomasnow)
  • Awsquared: Treecko
  • Buns: Shaymin
  • Buglover44: Serperior
  • alxswan727: Turtwig
  • Chrono: Bulbasaur
  • Skywarrior777: Skymin (Sky Forme)
  • Bewbs/Chloe: Bellossom
  • Meganium90: Leavanny
  • Xulek: Zetsu (Ferrothorn)
  • rykerr1: Sceptile
  • POKEMONRANGER109:Needles (Cacnea)
  • droomph: Grovyle
  • ۩۞۩FusedZekrom۩۞۩: Simisage
  • jerichob10: Bulbasaur
  • manutdrule: Bulbasaur
  • Slayr231: Serperior
  • TogeDelques: Venusaur
  • okjoek: Snivy

Userbars and Artwork~

We currently have no artwork or userbars to display/use. If anyone would like to make us some, that'd be much appreciated/feel free to do so. :3

Thankyou for joining and I hope you have a wonderful time here!

picture.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Hi, I'd like to join! ^^

Name: AlexOzzyCake
Partner: Foongus
Reason for joining: I love Grass Type Pokemon. They usually have such interesting moves and tactics, plus with a whole vain of moves focused on healing, they're my type of Pokemon! It also makes a perfect partnership with Poison type Pokemon, another type I find very interesting to use.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
I'm most certainly joining this group.

Username: Olli97
Partner Pokémon: Treecko
Reason for joining: Grass types are one of my favourite type of Pokémon. I love the variety of moves they have, and how they're based a lot around healing and continuously damaging moves (kinda, but that's mostly because the other types don't have as many moves like that lol). I also love the Grass/Poison dual type Pokémon, since they give one a lot of options for strategies. I almost always chose a Grass type starter when I played the games, mostly because the first gym was often a Rock type one, and then it just kinda grew on me to choose a Grass type starter.

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
I'd like to join cos grass-types are awesome!
Name: Avishka
Partner Pokemon: Lilligant
Reason for joining: because grass type is one of my favorite type and they always have the best looks and moves!

Years
Name: Hikari10
Partner Pokemon: Roserade
Reason for joining: Grass-type Pokemon are great status inflicters and some make great defensive walls.

I chose Roserade as my partner cos it's my fave Grass-type Pokemon.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

Name: Zupplu

Parnter Pokemon: Meganium

Grass types are special, they a quite unique. Sure, most of them have a weakness or two, but it's alot of fun getting that move pool just right, the satisfaction I get from winning is indescribable

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Sure, I'll sign you guys up!

Yeah true, for myself its the fact that I always want so type diversity so I need to always have at least 1 grass type to help my team cover a wide variety of type disadvantages. Over the years, I've grown to love them, (well some XD;) and yeah, that was inspired to to make this group. Now how about we start off.

If you can recall, what was your first EVER grass type Pokemon?

Last edited:

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Well, since we're allowed to start topics, I guess that's what I'll do.

All type-specific Pokémon fanclubs have this kind of topic, I guess, so I'll just start it off with:

What is your favourite Grass type Pokémon, and why is it your favourite?

This is actually a rather hard choice for me, since I have quite a few Grass type Pokémon that I like, however, it's mostly tied between Treecko and Bulbasaur. Now, one of the things I like about Treecko is its design and just how badass they made it look, and later on it actually becomes a rather strong Pokémon. However, I did not own a Gen III game for very long, so I didn't really get to experience very much with it, which brings me to Bulbasaur.

I naturally like Bulbasaur's design, since I'm a lover of the first 151 and just automatically like all of them, but in relation to the topic, I like Bulbasaur mostly because of nostalgia. I had many great battles with the Bulbasaur's I chose, and my experiences in the old games with them are irreplaceable with any new Pokémon.

So my choice is tied between Treecko's design and general awesomeness, and my experiences with Bulbasaur.

As stated above, my first Grass type Pokémon was Bulbasaur back in the first games, blue to be exact.

Btw Curious, you forgot to add me to the member list.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
First ever grass type Pokemon? Good question, hmm... I think mine would have to be Oddish! Which I caught because at first I thought I'd found a glitch in the game xD Then it become my trusted partner to help Charmander and Sandshrew beat Misty :D

Edit: Seems since I posted there's a new topic! My favourite Grass type is a tough choice between Roserade and Foongus... They both share a Grass/Poison typing; one which I happen to be a big fan of! If we're talking battle-wise, Roserade is my favourite Grass type Pokemon due to being the champion at performing the role it plays whilst also causing some huge damage. If we're talking in general, I'd go with with Foongus as it's utterly adorable and such a strange Pokemon! At first I hated this Pokemon because... Well, just think about what it is o.o But after using one and growing attached to one, I've learnt to love the little thing. It's so cute the way it bounces around! <3

Last edited:

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years

All type-specific Pokémon fanclubs have this kind of topic, I guess, so I'll just start it off with:

This is actually a rather hard choice for me, since I have quite a few Grass type Pokémon that I like, however, it's mostly tied between Treecko and Bulbasaur. Now, one of the things I like about Treecko is its design and just how badass they made it look, and later on it actually becomes a rather strong Pokémon. However, I did not own a Gen III game for very long, so I didn't really get to experience very much with it, which brings me to Bulbasaur.

I naturally like Bulbasaur's design, since I'm a lover of the first 151 and just automatically like all of them, but in relation to the topic, I like Bulbasaur mostly because of nostalgia. I had many great battles with the Bulbasaur's I chose, and my experiences in the old games with them are irreplaceable with any new Pokémon.

So my choice is tied between Treecko's design and general awesomeness, and my experiences with Bulbasaur.

Oh sorry Olli, I'll get ya up there! :3

Yeah, with the range of grass type Pokemon out there, it is a little hard trying to chop it down to just a few Pokemon but I suppose if I had to the Pokemon that I like the most are probably Abomasnow, basically because I love its typing and it bulkiness along with the fact that it can learn grass whistle which totally anhilitaed me when I battled Candice. (Which I can use against others lol.) Another one fo my choices would be Liligant and Whimscott as they have beautiful designs, soft colours that are really aesthetically pleasing.

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
Years
  • Age 27
  • honk
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
Name: Otherworld9)
Partner: Cacturne
Reason to Join: Grass types has pretty darn awesome designs, and love the fact they take their opponents energy to use as their own.

First Grass type?
-Treecko if my memory serves me right...

-Cacturne. Love the fact it's also dark, and has the cool design. It's pretty strong for a pokemon who doesn't evolve twice. Also, he was on one of my very first pokemon teams I ever made, so we go way back.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Welcome, Otherworld9) tot he club. :3

Ooh I forgot about Cacture, always loved Cacture, though never realy a big fan of cacnea tbh. I alwasy loved how you said the darkness of acturne and I think it was a really original design until Maractus came along and ruined the fun. :P

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

My favourite grass type pokemon would have to be.... I dont know. Either bulba or Meganium. Why you may ask? Bulbasaur is quite a clever design, a dinosaur with a bulb on it's back, and the colours all mash and blend nicely, something else I like is it's colours blend in with it surroundings, not like when the pokémon compan ingited a 5 year old to colour in archeops, no wonder it's a fossil. And I like when it evovles, you can se it aging, you can see progress on the bulb, which eventually opens into a beautiful flower. I also like how it's ability fits in with it.

On the other hand, I've always picture Meganium as a peaceful beautiful animal that would attack knowone, and would only fight in self-defense. I absoloutle love its colour, and the flower around it's neck contrasts it so well. And I love the little things on it's head. Meganium is really cute. That's why it's my number 1, something you can't say about most final eve starters.

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022
I didn't know the grass club was remade. :O

Name: miakalina
Partner Pokemon: Leia the Leavanny
Reason for joining: I have a big love for grass types. :D

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022

As stated above, my first Grass type Pokémon was Bulbasaur back in the first games, blue to be exact.

My favorite grass is hard to choose so I'll just say the Oddish line. :D
I'm never without at least one Oddish/Vileplume/Bellossom in my party.
They're are a great help with luring wild Pokemon with sweet scent and they are such cuties too. ^_^

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
i think so it was bulbsaur
What is your favorite Grass type Pokémon, and why is it your Favorite?
treecko line & Lilligant
treecko line bcuz it can learn Dragon Type Moves and its design.
Lilligant bcuz it is cute.

Lara

<3
Years
  • Seen Aug 28, 2012
Name: Lara
Partner Pokemon: Meganium!
Reason for joining: Well, I'd like to say the grass type Pokemon are my favorite, but that would be too short, lol. I'll probably give a better reason when I think of one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back