• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I think it'd work. Not something I'd do though, mainly cause I have no time for anything haha.

Gonna have some time tomorrow to start getting the August event sorted out and ready! :)

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I wouldn't mind investing my time in making challenges. It's one of my, if not my fav section of PC :)

And will you give us a little preview of how the August event will look like? :C

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
There isn't really a preview I can give you that tells you anything about it. But I will say that I didn't make this challenge. AlexOzzyCake made it and I found a good way to use it (with a little tweaking so it works for all games) and that being next month. Next month is awesome, if that gives you any help as to what this challenge could be about.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Challenges on Motorcycles!! [CI&D]

next month is awesome? Hmm, I got an idea of what it might be but I'm not really sure @_@

FSNW5yiFrXVXqv

What actually happens during events here? Would there simple be a special challenge for participants to complete/sign up for? Or does it change every year and no one could really tell?

Haven't been in any of the Challenge section's events before, so I'm pretty clueless.

Last edited:

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Challenges on Motorcycles!! [CI&D]

From my experience, challenge events are very well thought out and very organized challenges that you have to do in a limited period of time. They're also really fun and you could get emblems from them.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
There isn't really a preview I can give you that tells you anything about it. But I will say that I didn't make this challenge. AlexOzzyCake made it and I found a good way to use it (with a little tweaking so it works for all games) and that being next month. Next month is awesome, if that gives you any help as to what this challenge could be about.

Next month is awesome? Oh, that means the event is going to be use Myrrhman's favorite Pokemon :P

Years

I can't tell is this supposed to be a riddle?!?
I got this! August is Psoriasis Awareness Month - www.psoriasis.org. (Wikipedia)
We can only use pokemon with blotchy skin.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
...Definitely not, Fenneking. XD And btw molivious, if you want to see the previous challenge events and get an idea of how they work, there's a link to all of them in the FAQ! :)

Years
^ Well if you're not gonna make a psoriasis challenge than I will. You're gonna be sooo jealous when everyone sign's up for it.

After that I will do a diabetes challenge where you can only use food pokemon.

Lastly, I will do a flatulence challenge, you may only use pokemon like Weezing and Skuntank. They must use poison gas.

btw...please no one steal my ideas, they are brilliant, pure and simple! :p

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
^ Well if you're not gonna make a psoriasis challenge than I will. You're gonna be sooo jealous when everyone sign's up for it.

After that I will do a diabetes challenge where you can only use food pokemon.

Lastly, I will do a flatulence challenge, you may only use pokemon like Weezing and Skuntank. They must use poison gas.

btw...please no one steal my ideas, they are brilliant, pure and simple! :p

Steals idea

Does it have anything to do with school, Syd? xD

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Dear god Fenneking if this gets made its definitely got the Challenge of the year award. Nay, the challenge of the decade award.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Does it have anything to do with school, Syd? xD

Oh Lord, no. haha

Dear god Fenneking if this gets made its definitely got the Challenge of the year award. Nay, the challenge of the decade award.

You mean it's got your vote. ;) Gotta see how others feel about it before you call it! That and idk how MOTY is gonna be done this year. It's never been consistent haha.

FSNW5yiFrXVXqv

And btw molivious, if you want to see the previous challenge events and get an idea of how they work, there's a link to all of them in the FAQ!
1.%20smile.gif
oooh~ those do look interesting.

How long do the events usually last? or does it vary? I'm imagining just around 1 week, like the get-together...

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
oooh~ those do look interesting.

How long do the events usually last? or does it vary? I'm imagining just around 1 week, like the get-together...
The events on the Challenge forum usually last till the end of the month, the G-T events only last a week since that's how long the G-T lasts.

Sydian, please have emblems for actually completing the challenge this time, I feel a little let down when the only emblem is just participatory, sometimes it doesn't motivate me to finish. You could have both?

Disease challenges ftw?

FSNW5yiFrXVXqv

The events on the Challenge forum usually last till the end of the month, the G-T events only last a week since that's how long the G-T lasts.
Makes sense, considering how challenges could take a load of time.

Anyway, add a bit more into Fenneking's ideas (like a "medic" challenge, where all your pokemon must have at least 1 hp/status-effect healing move), and he could create some challenge with a "hospital" setting... now that truly would be an interesting compilation I'd want to see. @_@

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Sydian, please have emblems for actually completing the challenge this time, I feel a little let down when the only emblem is just participatory, sometimes it doesn't motivate me to finish. You could have both?

I'd rather not. I don't see the point. The emblems used to be completion only, but they're more of "if I see you making effort, you can have it." Plus, not enough people were completing them and the emblems weren't getting used to the fullest. I think you're putting way too much stock into it if you think it should be more than one anyway. Having two for one small event seems silly, and if you don't have the motivation to complete the challenge, that's your own beef really. Besides, this challenge in particular will have something special for people that complete it.

And yes, MOTY is posted at the end of the year. Voting occurs throughout the entire month of December.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back