• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Screenshot/Music Showcase

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkerarceus

Advanced RM2K3-er
Years
pokecenter is awesome. can you make me one, just change the walls to autumn colors like tan or a deep apple red. maybe change the floors to wood.. or you can just post the sprite links so i can o put them in myself.

oih Sion, can i use that jungle back for the jungles in my upcoming hack?

He will probably say no or he might give you the tileset but then YOU will have to EDIT it yourself.

Alucus_Of_Borg that dual screen is totally awesome.Are you making it real time because it would suit that kind of system.

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
@BlazingLink: The trees and grass don't really match the 3rd gen building, maybe switch the trees to 3rd or vice versa with the building?

Pokecenterslashmart.png

Poke Center/Mart! I don't know if I've got the shadows right or not.

shinylugia249

I'm back
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2016
An almost finished version of Marsin City in Pokemon Ryen. Home to the 3rd gym.

Spoiler:

Any Suggestions?

<~F.M.P~>

I got you whistling Blue Box!
Years
@BlazingLink: The trees and grass don't really match the 3rd gen building, maybe switch the trees to 3rd or vice versa with the building?

Pokecenterslashmart.png

Poke Center/Mart! I don't know if I've got the shadows right or not.

Nope I believe you're there with the shadow, nice job.

An almost finished version of Marsin City in Pokemon Ryen. Home to the 3rd gym.

Spoiler:

Any Suggestions?

0_o SL, I'm pretty sure I don't need to say anything about the mapping as well as the tiles, It looks fantastic, very nice Job! It's a big map as well so that's a plus in my eyes.

Well I had these in my Sig, but got a sig reason because my sig was too big (Kinda figured that would happen) So here they are again.
Teaserscreen.png

Please tell me what you think.

darkerarceus

Advanced RM2K3-er
Years
Nope I believe you're there with the shadow, nice job.

0_o SL, I'm pretty sure I don't need to say anything about the mapping as well as the tiles, It looks fantastic, very nice Job! It's a big map as well so that's a plus in my eyes.

Well I had these in my Sig, but got a sig reason because my sig was too big (Kinda figured that would happen) So here they are again.
Teaserscreen.png

Please tell me what you think.

Nice..Shadows are good too but I don't like how how the shadows collide onto the game screen where you walk as it would be kinda annoying.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
Nice..Shadows are good too but I don't like how how the shadows collide onto the game screen where you walk as it would be kinda annoying.

I don't think <~F.M.P~> is acctually putting those shadows to be in the game at all times. The trainer shadows are more like a watermark to either prevent theft or just to mark the screenshot as theirs.

<~F.M.P~>

I got you whistling Blue Box!
Years

I don't think <~F.M.P~> is acctually putting those shadows to be in the game at all times. The trainer shadows are more like a watermark to either prevent theft or just to mark the screenshot as theirs.

Thank you for the crit Daekarceus, I'm glad they look alright. In as Luka S.J said, the shadows are just a water mark. thanks for clearing that up.

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
Thank you for the feeback <~F.M.P~>, I'll keep it as it is now :)

Here's what a town I made used to look like:

And here is what it looks like now, all D/P/P style:
Larcooncity4-1.png

Comments?

Last edited:

Fraot

Researcher & Game Developer
Years
@ Hardy Har Har
I agree with the las two guys, make a pixelated background. If you wanna make a fancy one, like on Heart Gold, then you can do it. You already know how is the Heart Gold background, don't you?
In my opinion, the more abstract you make the background, the better it will look... I must enphatize: IN MY OPINION.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
Another screenshot for my game:
snapshot011.jpg

Comments on these?
Some small things:

1. Does the party go left to right then top to bottom, or top to bottom then left to right? That is, in a dual battle, will Cresselia or Combusken be used? There's no indication here, and you shouldn't just rely on "this is how the real games worked".
  2. The lower case name for Juchille stands out against the capitalised names for the other pokémon. I would make them all just one or the other.
  3. There's something funny going on at the bottom of the left hand curve for each box, some redness.
  4. The bottom of the red highlight selection box (i.e. around Quilava) seems thinner than the other edges.
  5. Might be nice to see some of those pokémon with status problems, so we can see how the symbols for those work. Same goes for the held item icon.

Hardy Har Har

Oh dear, oh my...
Years
@ Hardy Har Har
I agree with the las two guys, make a pixelated background. If you wanna make a fancy one, like on Heart Gold, then you can do it. You already know how is the Heart Gold background, don't you?
In my opinion, the more abstract you make the background, the better it will look... I must enphatize: IN MY OPINION.
I have not found yet the party background from HeartGold...

Riceeman

Spriter Guy
Years
  • Seen Nov 25, 2011
Aww, Citrine? That was gonna be the name of my game. Dammnit.

Anyways, looking good! Kyledove's old tiles are now considered kinda bad and unoriginal, but it is your choice of tiles. Good work on getting the partner Pokémon added.

Years
@chimcharsfireworks - Hmm.. I'll see what I can pick out here. For your first screen, what is up with all of those flowers? I know there's no limit to the creativity that nature has, but some people mow their lawns. I suggest moving them away from the house and closer to the edge of the fence. The second screen, those swirled rocks don't match the others and it sticks out much more. For the graveyard WAY to much grass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back