• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ℜªℳ

RAM Corporation |\/| ][ |\/|
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2016
since his is for simple questions I want to ask if its possible to not add new but more sprites into a game for ex: emerald has 255 sprites(excluding frames) can I change the total number of sprites 268?

Jirachi_961

Owner of: Pokemon Reanimation
Years
Ive decided not to use Pokescript, but to resort to ScriptED instead. But now, after i place in my code, and i press compile, i save over my game, and then up pops up a message box saying :

Run-time error '9':
Subscript out of range

I did some searching, and i havent seen this problem being dealt with in scripted. I did however see that people who get the message have to just download a file.

Do i have to download something else? Or am i just doing something wrong?

P.S. : this is my script:

#org 0x800000
lock
faceplayer
msgbox 0x800010
callstd 0x2
release
end
#org 0x800010
= PIKACHU: Hello, \v\h01.\l I have been waiting for you.\p This is your dream world,\l and i will serve as your dream guide\l for the moment. \pI will tell you more as the time comes,\l but for now be on the look out,\l chosen one.\p Many new experiences are going\l to come to you \lnow that you moved to this new town,\l and it will mark itself as your destiny.

Years
  • Seen Mar 29, 2008
Can someone make a battle scipt for me please, i copied a mewtwo wildbattle where i wanted to catch him but i trid compiling it but there was a error.

Years
  • Seen Apr 5, 2008
Were can I get pokescript from?

Go to the tools section of the forum, and look up "your scripted evolved into a pokescript", the thread. The links on the first page fail to work, but at the end of the thread there is a post with pokescript in it.

~Red

Meh. Hate me if you will.
Years
How do i use PokeScript? I cant find any tutorials on how to use it, all i find is tutorials on how to Script not how to use the program. Also, I've downloaded Elitemap many times from numerous websites and it never has DiamondCutter with it and when i click on Rubikon.exe all it does is open a stupid notepad file!! Please help!! (This isnt technically a scripting question, its a question about the programs so stop deleting my posts admins)

:( :(

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
ashandmisty said:
How do i use PokeScript? I cant find any tutorials on how to use it, all i find is tutorials on how to Script not how to use the program. Also, I've downloaded Elitemap many times from numerous websites and it never has DiamondCutter with it and when i click on Rubikon.exe all it does is open a stupid notepad file!! Please help!! (This isnt technically a scripting question, its a question about the programs so stop deleting my posts admins)

:( :(

I didn't delete your post, I moved it to the scripting questions thread in the Scrapbox. Secondly, you are still asking about scripting programs, so they are about scripting in a way.

EDIT: If I see any scripting related questiosn here I will move them to the Script Help Thread in the Scrapbox. Remember scripting would classify as scripting with an editor or using hex editors.

Last edited:

~Red

Meh. Hate me if you will.
Years
I didn't delete your post, I moved it to the scripting questions thread in the Scrapbox. Secondly, you are still asking about scripting programs, so they are about scripting in a way.

o....k..? Sorry, oh btw, can you direct me to a pallete editing tutorial?

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Answering a bit...

I had some free time so I decided to answer the questions posted in the past few days which weren't answered or which didn't get a proper response (IHMO, of course). Hope it helps.

This is... kinda weird. When I try to write an í (i with accent), Advance Text turns it into a blank space once I click on save. The strange thing, all the other vowels don't have any problem (á, é, ó, ú). Does someone know how can I get it to work?

Well, it looks like A-Text doesn't "support" the i with acute accent. But don't worry you can still use it. Just type "[&H6F]" (without quotes). If you want to use the "Í" character instead, type "[&H5A]" (always without quotes).

how can I replace pallettes?

The fastest and easiest way is APE. It's available in my Tools Factory.

hi just a quick question sorry if it has been answered but im too lazy to look ,how to find the pallete offsets of OVERWORLDS ?
Just use APE. There's an official tutorial in the Documents and Tutorials section. The link is available on my sign under "My Knowledge".
Remember that overworlds palettes are displayed on the Sprite part of the Palette Viewer on VBA.

How can I insert this safely? http://s255.photobucket.com/albums/hh139/oddigem/?action=view&current=cred.png

When I insert it makes the whole title screen background yellow.

It's most likely you overwrote some extra data after the LZ77-compressed picture. Do not uncheck the "Abort if it is too big" checkbox. It's a bad behaviour, and it should be always avoided. Instead, repoint it to some free space.
To do so, search a good place to put the repointed picture to, then check the "Automatically fix pointer" option and change the Image Offset accordingly. A backup, as always is recommend.

1.what is professor oak (INTRO)unlz-gba number?
2.what is trainer backsprite number in unlz-gba

1. 342, 256 color mode, black and white. Adjust it with "+" and "-".
2. You won't find it on unLZ since it's not compressed. Use a tile editor like TLP instead.

Hello I need help again in firered after the title screen but before pof oak talks to you. How do I change that text.

Like any other text in the game. Simply search it with your preferred editor and edit it as you like.

Hello I need help I am using P.E.T to edit trainer's then put them into a script. When I press make script it asks for put offset for trainer battle. What do I put here. Then after that it asks to put 0, 1, 2, or 3 for what type of trainer battle what does this mean.

Plz help.

I would suggest you to not rely on PET ability to create scripts and to make your own by hand. Ask in the Script Help if needed.

mmkay, here's the scenario
i'm making a forest like a maze
the player will have to jump one of two ledges
one ledge will lead to a maze
and one will lead to a dead end (and the player can't get back up)
i want the dead end to have a house with an old lady who will tell the player he can't get back out by normal means and will use one of her own pokémon to fly him out of the forest back to the last visited pokémon center
i want to know if this script is possible to create (more simply put, if i can force the player to use fly even if he doesn't have a pokémon that knows fly himself)

The simplest solution is to use a warp command in your script. There are quite a lot warp commands available, with different effects. For example, there's one which resembles the Escape Rope animation.

Ontopic: I have a question is it okay to expand the Rom for further space in Pokepic?
Also how will I prevent the comppressed size blablabla Aborting In unLZ is it because of the sprite anyone?

Offtopic: I don't know where to post this so I post it here can anyone please give me Dartharon tools and A-Text w/ com3dlg.ocx?

Ontopic: Also how can I replace palletes as my APE does not replace palletes
if I click replace w/ my pallettes it does not replace at all,
How can I fix this?

You should never expand your ROM. The ROM itself shouldn't be bigger than 16,777,216 bytes. If you add any further data, it's most likely the ROM won't be able to recognize it since each pointer can't point to anything bigger than 0xFFFFFF.
Is a compressed sprite you want to write over the old one is bigger, the only working solution is a repoint. Unchecking the "Auto abort" option should be avoided.
Regarding the palette problem, can I point you to my tutorial? The link is available on my sign (-> My Knowlegde).

Is there a way to delete/change the storyline scripts? Like (in ruby) starting in the moving truck and then your mom taking you inside the house... or getting the red orb, etc.. I want to make my hack start in the bedroom but in another city..

You could use SMCA to change the location you start at. You won't be able to get rid of the shaking effect, though. That's ASM and at the moment there's no "shaking-fix".

whenever i exit a battle and return to the overworld map, the player is stuck and i can move around this bug catcher that was on screen from before entering the battle
it also only happens with that particular bug catcher
other battles when the catcher isn't on screen are fine
what's wrong?

Were you hacking Fire Red, perhaps? Because it happened to me once.
A simple solution I found is to add a new person and then switch the buggy one with the new created one. In your case the buggy one would be the bug catcher.
Then make sure the buggy trainer is off-screen. That should fix the problem.

Is it possible to use a flag instead of a variable for a level script? If not what variables are not used by the game already? This is for FR.

Actually Level Scripts do not use flags. They use variables. How to find good variables? Well, the easiest way is a guess and trial process. Most variable starts with the 40XX prefix, where XX can be any hex number between 0 and 255 (0x0 - 0xFF). Try some numbers until you find something working.
Also, remember that variable numbers must be unique. That means, you can't use two or more Level Scripts sharing the same variable number.

does anyone know WHY my comp wont let me rename my .bak files into .gba?

its starting to get me really annoyed!

if you know how, how can i rename the file type?

By default, file extensions for known file types are hidden in Windows XP. However, you can change this setting so that file extensions are shown for files in a certain folder or for all files on your hard disk. To show file extensions, first open any folder on your hard drive, such as "My Computer" or "My Documents." Then select "Folder Options..." from the Tools menu as shown below. When the Folder Options window opens, click the View tab. This will show the file and folder view settings. One of the options under Advanced settings is "Hide extensions for known file types." If this option is checked, uncheck the checkbox and click Apply or OK.

I have a problem with A-text: When i load my ruby rom,the only text files i have are all the ones up to the fight to help birch out.And this was posted at the scripted evolved into pokescript forum but no one awnsered it.When i try to open pokescript, i ge something saying ActiveX cannot create object.Help please!

That's perfectly normal. A-Text is preloaded with only a bunch of texts. The rest is up to you: you have to search the text you want to edit and add it to the INI.

[...]

2. Is it possible to have people follow you, like in the old pokemon yellow games? How pikachu follows you? Is it possible to have others follow you like that?

Yes, only with ASM though.

o....k..? Sorry, oh btw, can you direct me to a pallete editing tutorial?

Look in my signature for "My Knowledge".

ZodiacDaGreat

Working on a Mobile System
Years
Thanks - Hackmew -.
Here's the product. http://s255.photobucket.com/albums/h...wesomeness.png (the title screen isn't done yet. I still have to change the colors and replace charizard.)

What are the pokescript commands for give pokedex and give town map?

Actually, Its both a flag and item for the town map

here:
Ruby:
Pokedex setflag 0x801
PokeNAV setflag 0x802

Fire Red
Pokedex setflag 0x828
Map --> giveitem 0x169 0x1

Emerald
Pokedex setflag 0x861
PokeNAV setflag 0x862

correct me if I'm wrong, hope this helps

Syph Medwes

The Show
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 25, 2018
Cyclone = pain

Is there an alternative to cyclone? 'cause I'm using Vista and can't get it to work. (Trust me I've been trying for this past hour) Anyways, is there a different program that does the same thing that cyclone does? All help appreciated.

Teh Baro

In my times...!
Years
Is there an alternative to cyclone? 'cause I'm using Vista and can't get it to work. (Trust me I've been trying for this past hour) Anyways, is there a different program that does the same thing that cyclone does? All help appreciated.
I remember it opening in my laptop (which has vista), but maybe I'm messing up... what error does it return? If it asks for a file, just download it.

Years
I'm feeling a little curious right now, and want to find out how to do something.
Let's say I didn't want to use a pointer calculator to get a pointer in Gold, how would I figure out the gold pointer? There would have to be some method, wouldn't there?

wahwa

Pokemon Revolution Creator
Years
  • Seen Oct 19, 2008
Do Anyone know offset for ruby backsprite in Tile molester?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back