• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: POKéMON Ruby Destiny - Rescue Rangers [Hack of the Month July 2008]

Status
Not open for further replies.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
I liked it a lot, the story line was very original! The only ting I didn't like was that every time you moved you would encounter a wild pokemon........
Maybe decrease the encounter rate?
I just finished the beta and I thought it was...totally awesome!
I can't wait to play beta 2.
But I think you should cut the pokemon frequency rate down a little.
It's outrageously annoying.
Anyway, GL.

Ahahahah! :D
May be I'll decrease it. Hm... I'll think about it, though. ;)
Thanks.

Heh, thanks. I'd love to help you sprite, and I'll try to make little project where I'll fix up all of your tiles, because they have a lot of errors. I'll make them perfect! (by the way, when you enter the building where your friends greet you happy birthday, the text goes past the textbox :P).

Anyway, I'm still tinkering with it, so keep it up!

Thanks so much, Es.., I mean, Keyrin. :D

I have an idea for another bad guy later on...
do you think you could put in a Dark flygon and call him XD002?

Erm... I ain't adding no more fakemons except for Angeallen, Devihell, ---------, ------- and ---------.
(What would ya expect? I ain't planning to spoil everything! :D)
But I'll think about it, though. Thanks and one post is enough...

A crazy and original idea, the graphics can get better, but personally I don't care much.
I hope to see more, you know, some scripts... o more screens and tiles
Good luck with all your projects!!

my major ability is in mapping, though, second in scripting...
Spriting and others that is under the graphics ain't my best hack skills...
Yet, thanks for the comment! =3

hey DJG sorry I ahvnt been wit the community for a while Im actually looking forward to playing this I never knew reign of legends would be come a series anyway great hack and nicly structured!

Hi Gotron! It has been quite a while now! How are ya!?
Anyways, thanks for the comment. =3

Wow! You are a master DJG! I played through the beta, and...wow! Only a couple of text running off the box errors, and such were what I could spot:) This is one of the best looking hacks out there!

Master..? Er... :\
Anyways, thanks...

The beta was very good, except for a few text errors it was bug free. Though this is not my type of game it still was worth it.

Thanks. ;)

:) This is AWESOME.
And the fact its based upon PMD is better (Never played or bought it so it is all new :) )
Anyway,
This is looking super super awesome.

P.S: The only bad thing I can think of is the sprites look a bit freaky compared to the tiles however I still like the fact you used MD sprites :)

Thanks so much. :D

yes the rescue ranger finally in hack showcase :D ill try your beta ryt now :D also i support your hack gud luck to your hack project :D

Thanks so much...
I can't do it all without my team though.
They need some credit, too. ;)

wildarms001

Random Supporter
Years
  • Seen May 15, 2013
oic im sorry :D hope you and your team finishd this wonderful hack :D gudluck looking forward to your next update :D

Lupe

isn't she cute...
Years
wow jagold very nice some questions,will you edit the start of the battle? i mean when the player throws the pokeball,also i think you should edit he side view of pikachu it looks fat,and good luck and hope you will finish this hack like you did with your last one

MudMast

Does not exist.
Years
you could rename the trainer card to something else

and if you die you are in hall of fame...

you could change credits to 'some being brought back to life thing'

on trainer card, the 'hall of fame thing' could be changed or removed (somehow)
or made into a 'how many times failed in dungeon'

just some things...

wolverfrog

Working on a Hack
Years
i was wondering, wouldn't it have been easier to make a hack out of red rescue team? then you wouldn't have had to majorly edit it.
keyrin:mabye he called it rescue ranger 'cos its a mixture of both mystery dungeon and ranger. or mabye he just thought the name sounded cool;)

Xiros

-Pokémon Omega Creator-
Years
I haven't finished the beta yet, but i can tell u that this hack is great!
I love the idea, its amazing, and the events are good.
About mapping, its fine, but u should do the dungeons bigger and more difficult. Also many wild pokémon appear, i think u should lower that.
And please, change the graphics xD
Good luck!

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
wow jagold very nice some questions,will you edit the start of the battle? i mean when the player throws the pokeball,also i think you should edit he side view of pikachu it looks fat,and good luck and hope you will finish this hack like you did with your last one

I already edited those parts, Lupe. :D
Thanks. =3

Jagold I once posted about a page back if I can do some maps and never answered so what do you think

Erm.., yeah, I think I saw that post, but I think I'm cool with mapping by myself, thogh. Thanks! =3

Hm... By the way, Jagold, why is the game called Rescue Rangers (sorry if I missed it somewhere in your thread)? I just wanted to know, because Pokémon Mystery Dungeon and Pokémon Ranger are totally different...

Anyway, hope to get some nice requests for sprites here!
Good lucK!

Actually, the first plan I had was to make a PKMN Ranger style hack where the player is a human and rescues other PKMN...
But then I got inspired in doing a PMN styled hack when I saw the trailer of PMD 2... And Rescue Rangers didn't came from both POKéMON games, though... The name came from one of the Disney Channel Cartoon Series 'Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers'... :P

Thanks! =3

you could rename the trainer card to something else

and if you die you are in hall of fame...

you could change credits to 'some being brought back to life thing'

on trainer card, the 'hall of fame thing' could be changed or removed (somehow)
or made into a 'how many times failed in dungeon'

just some things...

This is still a beta, btw... There will be changes...

i was wondering, wouldn't it have been easier to make a hack out of red rescue team? then you wouldn't have had to majorly edit it.
;)

I don't think it's easy to hack PKMN Mystery Dungeon games, though... :\

I haven't finished the beta yet, but i can tell u that this hack is great!
I love the idea, its amazing, and the events are good.
About mapping, its fine, but u should do the dungeons bigger and more difficult. Also many wild pokémon appear, i think u should lower that.
And please, change the graphics xD
Good luck!

The graphics will be changed. =3
But that's not too important as of now... Mapping, Scripting, Spriting and Plot are the important things I should orry most for the time being. xD
But thanks. =3

Years
I didn't want to post until I got through the beta. I enjoyed what was there. I like what's in here, already more than the beginning of Reign of Legends.
Also, I somehow got to a place where there were normal trainers. I took a wrong turn somewhere on the mission with the Aerodactyl battle, and I was in a place that was with the original Ruby scripts. Has anyone done that too, or is it just me?

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
I didn't want to post until I got through the beta. I enjoyed what was there. I like what's in here, already more than the beginning of Reign of Legends.
Also, I somehow got to a place where there were normal trainers. I took a wrong turn somewhere on the mission with the Aerodactyl battle, and I was in a place that was with the original Ruby scripts. Has anyone done that too, or is it just me?

thanks thethethethe... =3
anyways, what was the place like..? ?_?
Desert..?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
I went there too, but I left cause I figured DJG didn't finish that area.
He could've block it so we couldn't go there yet, but I guess he was so busy he forgot...
Can't wait to play B2!
GL!

EDIT: we posted at the same time and yes, it was the desert.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
Wow...Just...Wow xD

This is starting to look like a great project, and hopefully it'll be able to top Reign of Legends. ;)

Just a thought, I wonder how many hackers have actually finished a hack and then continued on with another project?

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
no idea, Heatran, but that's never in my mind though... I just hack for fun and that's it. xD

anyways, I thought I removed all those trainers in that desert... O.o
Hm... I must have replaced the real beta for one of my back-ups...
thanks for the report, thethethethe and shinypkmnfan. ;)

Hedgehogger

Learning ASM, but struggling
Years
Well, after playing the first Beta, I must say, I didn't think it would be that good, but it had me playing for a few hours! I've spotted a few mistakes (One that stuck out in my mind most was that the wild Tropius was called TORPIUS), but it's a Beta, and you're still fixing it, I'm aware. You did an excellent job on all those scripts and OW sprites; it would've taken me AGES to put in several scripts off of one location without killing offsets, and it shows in your work.

Glad to know you've done something a bit more unique and succeeded (especially since I loved playing Mystery Dungeon as well), and I can't wait till the second Beta! ...Or at least to finish the first one!

wolverfrog

Working on a Hack
Years
i'd be quite good if the game had some referance's to mystery dungeon, like everyone hating a human coming because the last timem it happened a disaster struck.
and is gardevoiur meant the be the same gardevoiur off md?

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
i'd be quite good if the game had some referance's to mystery dungeon, like everyone hating a human coming because the last timem it happened a disaster struck.
and is gardevoiur meant the be the same gardevoiur off md?

I ain't saying anything! :D *zips mouth*
Anyways, my mouth is zipped, but my fingers' aren't. :D
Well, it's already in the plot outline, but that's all I gotta say. I won't spoil everything... ;)
It won't be fun if I spoil everything. :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back