• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon CrystalDust [v3 PUBLIC ALPHA]

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
Cianwood had the loveliest music ever. I hope to hear it again :D
Glad to hear it!
Keep up the great work bro. I definitely see this hack becoming the best GSC remake out there. :) If you ever need a beta tester or just help with graphics, I'm your guy ;).
All right; thanks, Zeikku! It means a lot, coming from you.
Hey Zeikku maybe you could take a look at my Red Gyarados OW for CrystalDust, it's in this thread, and give me your opinion on it.Ideas for improvements are always welcome ;)
Speaking of the Red Gyarados sprite, I inserted it in yesterday. Looks great!
I've finished the beta and it was the best remake i have played yet. I love how it resembles Crystal so much. Can't wait for the next beta.
Thanks for the support!
This looks like a great hack! Can't wait to play it!
Thanks!

In other news, after over a year after release, a Let's Play of CrystalDust has been uploaded to YouTube!

The first part is here:

Years
  • Seen May 19, 2012
what kind of stuff do you need on the assets front? i've got some stuff lying around which i made for pure gold which don't look like they are going to get used (mostly female OW and battle sprites)

Years
  • Seen Nov 24, 2011
Well! Another remake e_e
Well, lol not bad, but as the remakes I stopped calling attention a while: s
I always see remakes of Pokemon Gold, Pokémon Red, Blue, all of these, but never see one of Pokémon Ruby / Sapphire or Pokémon Leaft Green / Fire Red.

But hey, lol, I wish you luck!

Salu2! n_n

Sierraffinity

Years
what kind of stuff do you need on the assets front? i've got some stuff lying around which i made for pure gold which don't look like they are going to get used (mostly female OW and battle sprites)
Well, I'd like to see what you already have. PM me. :)
Well! Another remake e_e
Well, lol not bad, but as the remakes I stopped calling attention a while: s
I always see remakes of Pokemon Gold, Pokémon Red, Blue, all of these, but never see one of Pokémon Ruby / Sapphire or Pokémon Leaft Green / Fire Red.

But hey, lol, I wish you luck!

Salu2! n_n
Thanks!

Well, here's a small, but very cool update: You can now have a double battle with Lance in the Rocket Hideout!! Here's a video:

Also, I need a lot of help in a contest for money for my school and an iPad 2! To vote for me, please go to the link in my signature and "Like" the photo! Spread it to your friends, too! Anybody that votes and comments that they came from here will get a trainer of themselves put in the game!!!

Last edited:

Omega Zero

Is back...
Years
This hack looks really great it's starting to become one of my fave remakes too :P although i wish it was a silver remake but nvm that great job and i'm rooting for you.

PS. (will you have the 3RD gen 4TH gen skill split system in this?)

Sierraffinity

Years
The double battle is very cool. I totally support you! Really hyped for a release!
All right, but you'll have to wait a while longer, although I am expecting to hit my internal release date.
This hack looks really great it's starting to become one of my fave remakes too :P although i wish it was a silver remake but nvm that great job and i'm rooting for you.

PS. (will you have the 3RD gen 4TH gen skill split system in this?)
Thanks for the support!
No, this will not have the 4th gen physical/special split. It's not necessary (or even wanted) for a hack that's trying to remake Crystal.

Also, I'm not sure if the released version has this or not, but have I shown you guys the ability to name your rival?

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2011
I just started playing it, but aren't they supposed to ask you what day it is? (for bug catching contests and other time-based events) :)

Omega Zero

Is back...
Years
All right, but you'll have to wait a while longer, although I am expecting to hit my internal release date.

Thanks for the support!
No, this will not have the 4th gen physical/special split. It's not necessary (or even wanted) for a hack that's trying to remake Crystal.

Also, I'm not sure if the released version has this or not, but have I shown you guys the ability to name your rival?

Damn, that's a bummer.

Oh well at least my alakazam will be pwnage with the elemental punches xD
and uhh i don't think you have shown us the ability to name our rival

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
Years
This is coming along well, and it's great to see another remake here. I do have something to ask though :3 - Seeing as this is an Emerald hack, will the acro/ mach bike be included? You could incorporate some great cave/ route mechanics with those bikes - Especially if you have any secret areas (if you have any). Anyway, keep up the great work :).

P.S. I forgot to ask this on MSN (and MSN doesn't work that well anymore) - But what did you need done? I remember you asked for something - But I seriously cannot remember :(

Years
Dude, another great one. I'm incredibly excited about your next release. Am I correct in my understanding that you are planning on the character visiting the sevii islands? And if that is true, are you planning on visiting the Hoenn region too? That would be quite amazing. Anyways, this is very amazing. Can't wait.

I guess I'm your newest fan.

Sierraffinity

Years
I just started playing it, but aren't they supposed to ask you what day it is? (for bug catching contests and other time-based events) :)
In the version you're playing, it reads it right off of your PC's clock. In later versions, you have the ability to set it yourself.

Damn, that's a bummer.

Oh well at least my alakazam will be pwnage with the elemental punches xD
and uhh i don't think you have shown us the ability to name our rival
Well then, I guess I have to upload a video soon... ;)
This is coming along well, and it's great to see another remake here. I do have something to ask though :3 - Seeing as this is an Emerald hack, will the acro/ mach bike be included? You could incorporate some great cave/ route mechanics with those bikes - Especially if you have any secret areas (if you have any). Anyway, keep up the great work :).

P.S. I forgot to ask this on MSN (and MSN doesn't work that well anymore) - But what did you need done? I remember you asked for something - But I seriously cannot remember :(
The Acro Bike might be included in the Sevii Islands (I can think of at least one place I could use it in). ANd as for what I asked? I really have no idea. :S
Dude, another great one. I'm incredibly excited about your next release. Am I correct in my understanding that you are planning on the character visiting the sevii islands? And if that is true, are you planning on visiting the Hoenn region too? That would be quite amazing. Anyways, this is very amazing. Can't wait.

I guess I'm your newest fan.
Thanks! Yes, the player will visit the Sevii Islands three years after FireRed.
Anything new? Can't wait to play again!
Nothing really that new for now, sorry.

Anyways, I just wanted to let you guys know that some a-hole stole my flash drive the Thursday before last, and while I did manage to get it back, he deleted everything, including CrystalDust, which I only had a two-week old backup of. Since then, I've managed to get back to where I was when it was stolen, but I just wanted to let you guys know about this incident that might push back Beta 2.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
In the version you're playing, it reads it right off of your PC's clock. In later versions, you have the ability to set it yourself.

Well then, I guess I have to upload a video soon... ;)

The Acro Bike might be included in the Sevii Islands (I can think of at least one place I could use it in). ANd as for what I asked? I really have no idea. :S

Thanks! Yes, the player will visit the Sevii Islands three years after FireRed.

Nothing really that new for now, sorry.

Anyways, I just wanted to let you guys know that some a-hole stole my flash drive the Thursday before last, and while I did manage to get it back, he deleted everything, including CrystalDust, which I only had a two-week old backup of. Since then, I've managed to get back to where I was when it was stolen, but I just wanted to let you guys know about this incident that might push back Beta 2.

Ouch. :( That sucks, but it's good you had a backup, and that you've got back to where you were. It's a shame, but I'll be patient, and I'll definitely play Beta 2 when it comes out. :) Good luck. :D
EDIT: Massive typos. I'm so stupid, sometimes. XD

Last edited:

LatiosBoy77

The Special Eon
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 7, 2013
Did you insert Lance's Battle Theme?

Can't wait to hear it!

Last edited:

VempireblacK

VempireblacK=NightkymZ
Years
Keep undate fastly because I want to play it.....I want you to make this game
like Gold Sun/Shinygold and Liquid Crystal

Years
  • Seen Jan 19, 2015
Just reposting this to say how great and pretty close the game is and i like most of the sprites too. :) The game closely resembles crystal, much like fire red closely resembles red. I will be awaiting future betas and releases. Just a suggestion, is it possible to include the apricorn balls? although i think it would be difficult to be transferred across games through trade, maybe replicas?

Back