• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokemon Lightning Yellow

WandererTJ

Mechanical Engineer
Years
  • Seen Aug 12, 2012
Oh, well in that case, it's in the folder with the rest of the game's files. Glad to know that it isn't too hard to find haha.

Anyways, my game is telling me there is an update now, but when I open the updater, it tells me that my game is up to date. So now I could use some assistance there.

Years
  • Seen May 30, 2012
quick question. can pikachu learn volt tackle? cause if u can find some way to let it learn the attack, tat would be dope :D

on the first battle with Gary right b4 we sent out our pokemon, the screen went black and this error appeared:

Script 'Interpreter * Edited' line 276:RuntimeError occurred

there were more stuff written but there was a lot and Im kinda lazy to write it all. once i pressed ok on the error it closed the game.

Last edited:

WandererTJ

Mechanical Engineer
Years
  • Seen Aug 12, 2012
I have encountered the same message as the post above mine.

Script 'Interpreter * Edited' line 276: RuntimeError occurred.
Script error within event 6, map 5 (Oak's Lab):
Exception: TypeError
Message: Section067:1429:in `+'nil can't be coerced into Fixnum
***Full script:
pbTrainerBattle(PBTrainers::RIVAL,"???",_I("WHAT? Unbelievable! I picked the wrong POKEMON!"),false,0,true)
Interpreter * Edited:241:in `pbExecuteScript'
PokeBattle_ActualScene * Edited:1429:in `partyAnimationUpdate'
PokeBattle_ActualScene * Edited:1059:in `pbGraphicsUpdate'
PokeBattle_ActualScene * Edited:1159:in `pbDisplayPausedMessage'
PokeBattle_ActualScene * Edited:1158:in `loop'
PokeBattle_ActualScene * Edited:1173:in `pbDisplayPausedMessage'
PokeBattle_Battle * Not catching:2244:in `pbDisplayPaused'
PokeBattle_Battle * Not catching:677:in `pbStartBattleCore'
PokeBattle_Battle * Not catching:508:in `pbStartBattle'
PokemonTrainers:415:in `pbTrainerBattle'

EDIT: Screen loads up for the Rival Battle, then as Rival is about to throw pokeball, he glitches into the error just before the error message shows up.

EDIT 2: When catching Pikachu, I could not see the pokeball that was catching it.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
Those errors are now sorted. The last was was just to do with a missing file.
I guess i need to stop using a save file to test since i don't get half the errors when i do

An update will come out either later tonight or tomorrow depending on how long getting it ready takes

WandererTJ

Mechanical Engineer
Years
  • Seen Aug 12, 2012
Well, I'm hoping for tonight so I can play it in school this week ;-)
When your Rival challenges you, in the English version, I think he says "Hey" not "Oi" haha, I could be mistaken, but it was kind've bothering me.

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
yeah, that text has been changed. i've fixed an issue with exp gain, and made it so that eevee can evolve into leafeon on a certain map. glaceon isn't done yet, i havnen't decided where the ice rock should go

The 0.17 patch is uploading, its says its going to take 30-45 minutes so its best to wait an hour before trying to patch

Years
  • Seen May 30, 2012
uhhhhh one glitch thingy i noticed is that when in a pokemon battle if u select bag and if u press "c" if u put the curser anywhere to fast it brings it back to the bag selection. nothing game breaking but still annoying

wen ur running u can press multiple directions to navigate better but u can't do tat wit the left button

hope these help

WandererTJ

Mechanical Engineer
Years
  • Seen Aug 12, 2012
Suggestions, Ideas, and Questions.

...and made it so that eevee can evolve into leafeon on a certain map. glaceon isn't done yet, i havnen't decided where the ice rock should go

Seafoam Islands would be a decent place to locate it.
Not sure if you would be willing to add any particular part of a map that isn't known to Kanto, but you should feel free to add your own Island or some sort of special location that you cannot travel to until you defeat the Elite 4. You could make it so that the player needs to speak with Bill about some mysterious island, and he could add it to your map as somewhere you could fly to.

Over where the entrance to the Rock Tunnel is, you surf south to the Power Plant, you could open up the rocks at the north of that river to lead to a new area

The Power Plant would be a good place for the Electabuzz evolutionary item, and the Building on Cinnabar would be nice for Magmar's item.
I think you have been pulling elements of Kanto a lot from the newer games, but I would definitely go more for a classic Cinnabar Island, especially allowing the MissingNo. glitch (don't forget that MissingNo. is associated with 4 different images... Iwould love the fossil Kabutos or Aerodactyl haha)

I think I understand the GTS and all, but is there a way for me to trade with another friend of mine that is also playing the game? Can I put a password on my pokemon that someone has to put in successfully to trade pokemon with me?

On your website, when I attempt to view the Overall World Map, all I see is an outline of the image with a message in it that says "The image "http :// lightning-yellow com/Maps/world-map png" cannot be displayed because it contains errors." I can save it and open it though. Any chance you could keep the image as large as it is and reduce the quality of it?

Also, I agree with the post above mine. It kind've lags when you exit the bag, and it is easily to reenter the bag due to impatience. Did it like 3 times in a row once. I exited the bag, quickly selected Fight, and unless I waited briefly, it would keep taking me back into the bag.

EDIT: Rival still glitches into the air when sending out Eevee, but at least it doesn't break the game now. I am still using my old save though, which may affect things.

EDIT2: Rival still says Oi, not sure if you meant that to be on the next update or not. On a new save, Rival still jumps into the air.

EDIT3: Getting a game ending error when Caterpie evolves into Metapod. Tried it twice now and at the end of the evolution the game breaks and crashes.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
At the moment seaform seems to be the best place to put it, probably on the first map you come across.

Cinnabar will be the same as it was in the 1st gen games.

MissingNo. already has one version of its sprite implemented, its basic form. The ghost/fossil forms aren't done yet. In yellow there was actually 5 sptites, the 5th being unique to yellow. http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Missingno#Yellow_form

As for the GTS, i'm hoping to have that feature done at some point. its definatly on the todo list. I'm planning on it being used in conjunction with the palpad. You add a users online id to your palpad and then when using the gts it asks if you want to do a global trade or palpad only trade.

The world map on the website needs updating, most of the maps on it are out of date and now don't line up with the newer/redone maps

I'm managed to reproduce that issue with battling, though its fix is unknown at the moment

The glitches with the rival you'll find that most important trainers that have more than one sprite do this. Its on my todo list to fix but is low priority at the moment.

Can you tell me where the rival says oi. I've changed it in one place but may have missed another.

Evolving is sorted. Strange since i managed to evolve my eevee to leafeon without issue testing before i updated the patch

New version will be out later, which will include all the maps between fuchsia and route 12, and 12 will be complete with items and trainers

WandererTJ

Mechanical Engineer
Years
  • Seen Aug 12, 2012
Cinnabar will be the same as it was in the 1st gen games.

...when using the gts it asks if you want to do a global trade or palpad only trade.

Can you tell me where the rival says oi. I've changed it in one place but may have missed another.

In the anime, Cinnabar island had more of a volcano theme to it, and perhaps you could expand on the research laboratory on the island and have it connect to an underground volcano or something. I think it would be very interesting.

Your Rival says Oi after he takes the Pokeball when you attempt to leave and he challenges you to a battle. It's something to the degree of "Oi, lets battle our new awesome as **** pokemon." And I did notice that all of the trainers glitch into the air which I think you mentioned.

That extention of the GTS sounds great!!!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
Thanks for that, i had missed it out. I'd changed it when he takes the pokeball before you get it.

I'll think about expanding cinnabar, though finding a tileset for it might be a problem unless i go for standard cave tileset, but it wouldn't look much like a volcano cave

WandererTJ

Mechanical Engineer
Years
  • Seen Aug 12, 2012
I'll think about expanding cinnabar, though finding a tileset for it might be a problem unless i go for standard cave tileset, but it wouldn't look much like a volcano cave

Just attempted to use the GTS talking to the either of the two GTS brothers in the Pewter City PokeCenter, caused the game to crash. Not sure what the issue is, although I'm sure you know about it, if not, I can post the error.

In the generation that had Groudon, there was a whole section that had to do with a volcano. I'm not saying to directly steal that map, but you could at least steal the tile colors that were used.

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
i didn't know the gts was crashing, it was working after i tested it. whats the error?

i seems to remember heatran in an area like that in heart gold so i'll see if i can get a tileset, or even a screenshot so i can edit the current one

Edit: I might just have fixed it so try again

WandererTJ

Mechanical Engineer
Years
  • Seen Aug 12, 2012
The GTS seems to be fixed now. Didn't even need to restart the game for it to be sorted out. I honestly thought I'd get the error once and then it would be remedied, but that didn't happen. Nice fix, sorry I can't get you the code of what the error was.

I have a few questions now,
1) Are Pokemon obtained from an event considered as Traded Pokemon or outsiders? I have a Lvl 12 Mew, and he is such a total dick haha. I have to beat him/her while the other pokemon aren't looking.
2 & 3) Just faced an opponent with a Kakuna, but on the website's Pokedex, the image of Kakuna isn't shown; is the website's list outdated? What do you need in order to finish the Pokemon that are not available currently?
4) When using Mew to Transform against Brock's Onix, Mew gained Onyx's stats and moves, however, the game still showed the backside of Mew, rather than the backside of Onyx, which was partially confusing.
5) I'm like 95% sure that in all of the Pokemon games, that if you hold B, it speeds up the text when people are talking, that or it automatically would fill in the message box with what they were saying so that you could move on to what they were saying next more quickly. Is there any chance you could add that feature in? Part of my reasoning for this is that if I could go through things faster, it would eventually let me progress faster so I could hit you up with more errors that I might come across.
6) A few patches ago, you made an edit to how the game was saved which meant that people would have to start new games, would you consider creating an application that would allow users to upload their old saved game into a system that would convert it to a newer version?

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
The gts error was to do with the file on the server that the game gets the information from, so it could be fixed without having to do anything with the games.

1. It seems that they are classed as traded, since they don't get the players ot information added to them.

2. The website's pokedex shows those that you can currently get the full pokedex information from. i.e. those that you catch/are given.

4 . I'll have a look into that

5. They do, i'll look see if i can get that working

6. I would if i could. As far as i'm aware the save files can't be converted.

WandererTJ

Mechanical Engineer
Years
  • Seen Aug 12, 2012
Hmmm, it would seem as though my Mew never learned Mega Punch which is very strange. My Mew is at level 12, and it is suppose to learn the attack at level 10. I'm going to guess that when it reached level 10, I had swapped it out and it was not the active pokemon and thus I was not given the move. I find this to be quite unfortunate. It has Pound, Reflect, and Transform. I have a 2nd Mew at level to that has Pound, Mega Punch, and Transform, but no Reflect. Strange.

Also, when defeating a pokemon, if one of mine levels up, the experience immediately stops, it doesn't carry over into the next level. Additionally, if I switch between pokemon in a match, if the pokemon I switched FROM gains a level from the experience, the pokemon that I switched TO gains no experience despite the game stating that I did.

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
hmm, that again. i'll have a look. i would think the not learning moves is to do with that also.
Reflect isn't a move that mew is set to learn by level, so it much have got it from somewhere else

WandererTJ

Mechanical Engineer
Years
  • Seen Aug 12, 2012
As an update to my last post, I have come into realization that none of my pokemon have learned any new moves. Pikachu is level 21 with Thundershock, Growl, and Tail Whip

Also, as far as I know, Mew is suppose to start with Reflect, it learns it at levels below 5

Is it possible to make Pikachu happy enough to get Bulbasaur at this point in time?

Last edited:
Back