• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen July Coro-Coro: 5 New Pokemon + Xerneas & Yveltal typings + Oorotto

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Well I didn't say that wouldn't be the case, I only said that in my opinion, it would make more sense for a dual-typed move to change the type instead of having both at the same time.
:)
It's still called "dual-typed" since it has access to both types.

2 types at the same time would be ridiculous. 8x SE damage? No thanks. Imagine how complicated everything would become. Seems unlikely imo.
Also the term "dual-type" could be a rough translation and we don't know exactly what that means so I guess we should wait and see what happens to that rumor.

The "Dual" Types means 2 types. That doesn't mean the attack is one type while the damage is another. If that were the case then Dual Type attacks have existed since Gen 2. Which is not the case. Pokemon are Dual Typed. They have two types associated with them. The term is already laid out for us, so calling an attack Dual Typed means the attack is 2 types.

Being one type and damaging another does not give access to two types either. The type that deals the Damage is the only one that counts as far as calculations are concerned. Resistance, Immunity, Super Effectiveness, STAB are all based on the damage type.

As far as translation goes, the guy was supposedly giving out english names so that was supposed to be the translated version. No mistakes were made according to info. Which was already proven wrong with his "Panchum" explanation.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
He proably over exaggerated his own accuracy by saying it was all perfect if his other rumors do come true in the end, we won't know until the games come out if he was mostly right.

Now onto the issue, I really enjoy the look of the signature moves of both mascots, they look very beautiful. I wonder if we'll see any more legends soon or if GF will allow us to discover them on our own. At this point in BW we already got one of the musketeers, though that may have been due to leak rather than corocoro...

Years
He proably over exaggerated his own accuracy by saying it was all perfect if his other rumors do come true in the end, we won't know until the games come out if he was mostly right.

Now onto the issue, I really enjoy the look of the signature moves of both mascots, they look very beautiful. I wonder if we'll see any more legends soon or if GF will allow us to discover them on our own. At this point in BW we already got one of the musketeers, though that may have been due to leak rather than corocoro...

I have to say, the types of Xerneas and Yveltal were obvious enough right before this reveal, in fact Dark/Flying was my first choice for Yveltal's type. Xerneas being pure-Fairy was something surprising but Fairy is what comes close to what we wanted for a "light" type so no surprise there. The signature moves also look really awesome, I do love Xerneas' one though. Maybe I'll still get both versions but X might be my main given Xerneas but who knows I might play both.

The Pancham evolution looks a bit too much like Beartic imo but that may be just me. Nice to see another Pokemon with that awesome Dark/Fighting type, it has little weaknesses and Hammer Arm seems like a good move for it.

The squid thingies are really interesting because little Maika is like normal, but its evo (sorry I have trouble spelling its name lol) is actually upside down, which fits the concept of their origin I guess. At least we finally have a Pokemon that gets Contrary as a natural ability, and that Dark/Psychic type gives it a single weakness to Bug, albeit a quadruple weakness. Don't know how well it will fare in competitive with all those U-turn users running rampant.

And the two new Fairy-types are so adorable! I like the cotton candy thing slightly more, could be like Vanillite in some way.

Oshamaru

Legs go, Megaman!
Years
The truth about Shushup...

Spoiler:

Years
i loved Vanilluxe because I though it was interesting. This Cotton Candy Pokemon is just pushing it in my opinion. The others are pretty alright though, and I do like Pancham's new evolution!

Years
Vanilluxe was only an ice cream cone pokemon, but this one resembles an actual animal, whose to say if there exists a fictional animal out of steel or one made out of a plush cotton. The issue with vanilluxe was that it did not resemble any sort of biological creature, it was literally an ice cream cone with eyes. This one appears to be a puppy with a cotton candy coat.

Last edited:

Oshamaru

Legs go, Megaman!
Years
^You basically said what I think about the Pokémon. I wouldn't be surprised if it evolves into a more dog-like shape.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Vanilluxe was only an ice cream cone pokemon, but this one resembles an actual animal, whose to say if there exists a fictional animal out of steel or one made out of a plush cotton. The issue with vanilluxe was that it did not resemble any sort of biological creature, it was literally an ice cream cone with eyes. This one appears to be a puppy with a cotton candy coat.

Technically, it was really an ice shard covered in snow on top that made it resemble something like ice cream. It was also created by the president of Game Freak of Europe, so you should give the man a bit of respect for having his own fakemon added as an official Pokemon.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Technically, it was really an ice shard covered in snow on top that made it resemble something like ice cream. It was also created by the president of Game Freak of Europe, so you should give the man a bit of respect for having his own fakemon added as an official Pokemon.

James Turner is a British Graphic Designer that recently joined Gamefreak (5th Gen)...He designed Vanilite's line, Vullaby's line, and Golett's line. Don't see anywhere that says he's the president of the Britain Branch.

Can't find that a Britain Branch exists...Info I find says Gamefreak is only located in Japan.

Last edited:

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
James Turner is a British Graphic Designer that recently joined Gamefreak (5th Gen)...He designed Vanilite's line, Vullaby's line, and Golett's line. Don't see anywhere that says he's the president of the Britain Branch.

I was trying to remember what James Turner is known for based on memory from Bulbapedia's trivia page of Vanilluxe.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Oh...just noticed something. Citron's gym has the green grid background that looks similar to that one "Magical" Gym back from the very beginning.

The rooms look a bit different, but similar to a point that I can't really tell if it may be the same Gym or not.

Citron's definitely has a Digital look so it could go either way with Steel or Electric.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Guys I was very disappointed to learn that Xerneus is a fairy type as well as it has only one type

I was quite disappointed, too. It could have easily been Fairy/Ground or Fairy/Normal, it could have even been Fairy/Grass considering it seems to live in a forest.

I was also kinda disappointed by Yveltal's typing, too, I was expecting ___/Flying but I wanted something else tbh. Dark/Flying is quite boring for a legend.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Oh...just noticed something. Citron's gym has the green grid background that looks similar to that one "Magical" Gym back from the very beginning.

The rooms look a bit different, but similar to a point that I can't really tell if it may be the same Gym or not.

Citron's definitely has a Digital look so it could go either way with Steel or Electric.

Although I'm personally hoping for Steel, it definitely could go either way. They could go from the electricity end of the machinery and make it go for an Electric leader, or just focus specifically on the technology itself and not what's running it and go from the Steel angle. The Steel Gym Leaders we have had have kind of just been glorified Rock type trainers, not really focusing on the usage of Steel. Maybe they'll tackle it from that angle this time?

@Fusion and that being the involvement of DNA: Please for the love of all things holy no >.> Having Kyurem Black and White was enough, no more fusing anything.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
corocoro7133.jpg

Pangoro got hit by Hypnosis?
Wasnt he a Dark type while Hypnosis a Psychic move?
Probably Hypnosis is one these moves that are double typed or changed types.

Double typed moves?

Hypnosis can hit Dark types. A few status ailment moves are unaffected by immunities.

Years
I'm a bit disappointed that Xerneas wasn't part Steel-type.. and that it was just one type. It would've been nice to at least have a dual-type legend.. I wonder now, though, how Dark and Fairy will interact with each other.

Years
OK guys, the English names for these reveals got released so here they are:

Goronda > Pangoro
Maika > Inkay
Karamanero > Malamar
Peroppafu > Swirlix
Shushup > Spritzee
Geo Control > Geomancy
Death Wing > Oblivion Wing
Citoron > Clemont
Zakuro > Grant
Professor Platane > Professor Sycamore
Drain Kiss > Draining Kiss
Turn Over > Topsy-Turvy
Team Flare, Dark Aura, Fairy Aura and Sweet Veil retain their Japanese names

So, any thoughts on these names? Were any surprising at all?

I do like how catchy Swirlix and Spritzee sound, but I knew the English translators would nerf Death Wing's name because of the tendency for them to keep to the kid-friendly fanbase. As for the Gym Leaders, I don't know what types the names Clement and Grant have an association with but pretty good name choices nonethless. Drain Kiss didn't get that drastic of a name change though. I did get Pangoro, Inkay and Malamar spot on thanks to that leaker from months back who revealed descriptions of them.

Last edited:
Back