• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

The Rainbow Connection [LGBTS Club]

NurseBarbra

くら くら?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 4, 2017
Aww, you didn't add me. D:

Well, I told my mom... (Or rather, she asked me and I awkwardly nodded.) and it didn't even phase her. She spent like an hour talking about God, and said she'd pray for me etc etc.

Wait, "Pray for you" as in she hopes you find someone for you to love, or "Pray for you" to "get better"....

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
Well, in her mind I essentially said "Hey mom, I'm going to hell. Have a nice day."

So, yeah.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
Well, in her mind I essentially said "Hey mom, I'm going to hell. Have a nice day."

So, yeah.

Eventually she'll come around. Just remember, that she does still love you. <3

tumblr_lnogcnUZ3O1qbpemeo1_500.gif

And I added you to the thread! Sorry for missing ya'!

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
If she meant she's going to pray for you to turn straight (I hate that term), that's bad.

I always tell people in need that I'll pray for them. That's a kind gesture amongst religious people. I hope she meant it like that.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
Well, I would never condemn someone for attempting to help me, whether I want it or not. I appreciate her feelings, but I think I'm going to tell her not to bother. =/

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen May 2, 2015
Aww, poor guy. You will feel better in a few months; I know it may not seem like it, but you really will.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
It's better to be open about it; give her some time and she'll learn to accept it. I would suggest not bothering to clash with her over the praying issue, she'll realize in time that praying isn't going to "fix" you. In the end, you will be better off with the truth. :)

Rossay

Quack quack
Years
Stereotypical homosexuals are the overpublicized minority.

I totally agree with this statement.

Personally, I don't find really flamboyant gays attractive despite being slightly on the camp side myself.. (I love shopping, baking, but don't have a particularily high voice -- though, apparently it sounds quite "gay" because I speak properly). I'm attracted to more masculine men.. if only they were attracted to me lol.

I wish there were more 'non-stereotypical' gays portrayed in the media.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
Are straight people allowed here? I'm making a lesbian character in my hack but I'm neither lesbian nor female. I've got the basic personality planned but...any advice?

Ctrl.Alt.Geak

Swords Master
Years
  • Seen Feb 18, 2017
Aww, you didn't add me. D:

Well, I told my mom... (Or rather, she asked me and I awkwardly nodded.) and it didn't even phase her. She spent like an hour talking about God, and said she'd pray for me etc etc.
I'd be pretty offended if someone said they'd pray for me after I just came out, but on a positive note I think its great that you were brave enough to give an honest answer and so I cant help but want to congratulate you for that alone. Here's hoping your mum grows more understanding.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
Are straight people allowed here? I'm making a lesbian character in my hack but I'm neither lesbian nor female. I've got the basic personality planned but...any advice?
What'd make you think straight peopler aren't allowed here? If you believe in gay rights and equality, then you fall under the "ally" section which I believe is the last A in the long letter word. :)

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen May 2, 2015

It doesn't count, because all straight guys are fascinated with lesbians, lol. I am joking. Of course straight people can align with us. A lot of straight guys are too insecure to show support for LGBT people; it shows admirable character!

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years

Of course, U_Flame! Welcome! My advice would be to treat her just like any other character. Make sure she's a character who just happens to be a lesbian, not a token gay person.

I'd be pretty offended if someone said they'd pray for me after I just came out

Really? To be honest if it were me I don't know if I'd ever be able to stop laughing :P - it hasn't happened to me yet, but I really hope it does.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
Thank you! And yes, her sexual orientation is not the focus of her character. Although it kinda does when she gets married.

VentusSkies

Kindness surrounds our hearts
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Feb 20, 2017
I wanna join too! I'm not afraid to admit I'm gay. :3 But I am afraid to admit it to my family and anyone at my school. :/

Years
I wanna join too! I'm not afraid to admit I'm gay. :3 But I am afraid to admit it to my family and anyone at my school. :/

Welcome to the club then xD I think i can say on behalf of everyone here that we were all afraid to say it someone at first x]

Last edited:

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Thank you! And yes, her sexual orientation is not the focus of her character. Although it kinda does when she gets married.

Well if she gets married then that's an event that's about her, it doesn't mean her sexuality becomes the focus of who she is, just that she's getting married like any other person would :)

Welcome VentusSkies! And may I say I'm honoured that you chose this thread for your first post :) Welcome to both the LGBT club and the PokeCommunity!

Ctrl.Alt.Geak

Swords Master
Years
  • Seen Feb 18, 2017
Really? To be honest if it were me I don't know if I'd ever be able to stop laughing :P - it hasn't happened to me yet, but I really hope it does.
Ok maybe I would not be "offended" but I can imagine my reply to be somewhat sarcastic.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
I've had multiple people tell me they'd pray for me. One was a guy and..well, let's just say my fist did not do pleasant things to his face. ^-^;

The girls, I just laughed at them and spread rumors that they slept with a bunch of guys. I was a nice person in 9th grade. >_>

Welcome to all new members! :3

Back