• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Foreshadows of Hoenn [M][OOC]

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
What!? I ain't no atheist! Don't cast me in with the rest of this old lot!

EGKangaroo

Tail-bumps for all 'roolovers!
Years
Not only is Galeno an atheist, he is also a filthy commie. D:
(I really need to stop before I ruin a perfectly fine character by flanderising him...)

Strikit

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
Years
This moves fast. O.O

I'm at least going to start my post today, but between work and school I'm not going to be able to keep up with the boom of posts. Is that going to be a problem?

Stingray

Space elves FTW
Years
Jacob isn't exactly an atheist neither is he religious at least yet... he is really unsure of his beliefs along with other things in his life. He is suppose to be complex... just its hidden. Once the war starts I hope to make him more interesting... and believable I have an idea on what I want to do with him just have no idea how to go about doing it or if I'll ever get the chance to :(

So.... anyone want to take bets on if Penance and Alicia will be a romance later (if not already) :p

EGKangaroo

Years
Don't worry Strikit, you didn't miss anything substantial. Most of the posts are just character introduction and preparation. We haven't really moved the plot at all yet.

StinkomanFan

The Thing with Questionable Taste
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 3, 2015
Of course all the fun stuff happens when I'm stuck at school...

Stingray

Space elves FTW
Years
Awh Greig, you should've let him figure it out on his own :P Would've been alot more fun that way.

Now that is just mean... now I'm going to find a way to make my character manipulate both of you to his whim. Muhahahahahaha (actually he won't because that is not the type of character he is.

I'm definately going to have to read all the profiles now before i make a fool of myself again. On the subject of profiles I definately like how Deepimpact is keeping everyone's history "hidden" hopefully will lead to some interesting PC interactions later.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
.... *BURSTS INTO LAUGHTER* You DID read Penance's personality section... right? If not here is a refresher that will answer your question: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=7572312&postcount=61

Enjoy.

Lolololol
The one time I'm using a pokemon character that wasn't gay before the roleplay.
Alec in the original Wars, and, technically speaking, Sainan in Odyssey, although I edited that in Odyssey itself. xD

And, okay, okay, I'll get my sign-up done. Stop nagging me, you guys. dx

Turnip

Magnificent Turnip
Years
On the subject of profiles I definately like how Deepimpact is keeping everyone's history "hidden" hopefully will lead to some interesting PC interactions later.

Hahaha, none of you will ever know. My character has TONS of secrets! Wait... dammit.

Nah, secrets are secrets, and a pretty big secret is keeping it a secret if you have any secrets. To be honest, I don't even really know what qualifies as a secret worth keeping so... yeah. Secrets are... secretive.

And just for the record, I'm not sure where to stand on swearing. Mild cursing is a little vague, lots of people have different standards on what's out of bounds and what isn't, and I've seen some people censoring curse words that are a little on the harsher side. Of course, I know this clearly isn't the most un-awkward subject out there, but it'd be good to have a little more footing, y'know.

EGKangaroo

Years
And just for the record, I'm not sure where to stand on swearing. Mild cursing is a little vague, lots of people have different standards on what's out of bounds and what isn't, and I've seen some people censoring curse words that are a little on the harsher side. Of course, I know this clearly isn't the most un-awkward subject out there, but it'd be good to have a little more footing, y'know.
Well, if it helps you in any way. The Catcher in the Rye contained the word "goddam" 255 times; It was a 120 pages long book. Kurt Vonnegut swears in his books, Ray Bradbury swears in his books, Joseph Heller swears in his books, and so on. The best advice I can give you is to be reserved when using it. It's like a really really hot sauce, it is a very special intensifier, that you need to reserve for special occasions, and you don't want to apply it liberally and burn your tongue.

Last edited:

Turnip

Magnificent Turnip
Years
Well, yeah, it's just I wasn't entirely sure what should maybe be censored, and what may be completely off-limits.
I think it was RayMaverick who censored what I guessed would be the S-word. Couldn't really tell, though, of course, it was censored, after all.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years

On the Wings of Justice - Nakuzami's Sign-Up

Name: Patriot Skye Ravel
Sex: Male
Species: Rufflet
Tribe: Caerulus Tribe
Moves: Double Team, Roost, Sky Drop, Crush Claw, Shadow Claw
Profession: Hunter / Warrior-in-Training

Appearance:

Patriot looks very similar to a regular Rufflet, but his feathers are darker, the feather on his head is blue rather than red, and his eyes are blue. He also has tiny serrations on his remiges, much like an owl, allowing him to fly silently.

Personality:

"Rufflet are very powerful for their size, possessing great physical strength and a highly competitive nature." - "Rufflet will indiscriminately challenge foes to battle, even strong ones."
~Bulbapedia​

True to the nature of his species, Patriot can be incredibly reckless at times. Even so, he is kind, intelligent, and an apt learner. He's quick to speak up without thinking, and he never likes to sit still. He's energetic and curious, and sometimes his haste can make him a bit too blunt in his observations. Even so, Patriot is a kind soul, and almost too innocent for his own good. He is unversed in the ways of war, and he's never even witnessed intense bloodshed. So, while his intentions are just, he truly has little idea of what he's getting himself into when it comes to this war.

Patriot believes in truth, justice, and honor. These can be both good and bad traits. Throughout his life, Patriot has just naturally told the truth. This makes him both incredibly trustworthy, an inadequate spy, and a bit too forward when dealing with other beings. He believes that all living beings—both pokémon and humans alike—deserve help and fairness. He finds bullies intolerable, and he'll always fight for what he believes to be what is right, even if it means standing alone. This also allows him to see the good in people, even where most others would believe none would exist.

With other pokémon, Patriot is incredibly friendly and kindhearted. He believes everyone has goodness in them, and so he'll try to interact with anyone and everyone in an attempt to bring that goodness out. Sometimes—or, perhaps most of the time—this may make him come across as annoying and persistent. Even so, he continues to live his life in such a manner, determined to bring out the goodness in everyone, even if it causes them to hate him in the process.

In battle, Patriot is a fierce opponent. Being a Rufflet, his natural abilities and physical strength can prove overwhelming to most foes. Added with his previous encounters with various pokémon and many months of intense training, facing Patriot in battle can be a huge mistake for most. He's cunning and quick, able to ascertain his opponents' weak points surprisingly fast, as well as knowing how to take advantage of elemental relationships between pokémon and the environment that surrounds him. He is currently 'training' under an immensely powerful Staraptor known as Zephyros (Fenne-Kun), hoping to become just as powerful as him. He looks up to Zeph, and despite the Staraptor's many social flaws, he believes Zeph to be just as good as anyone—if not even moreso—deep down.

Back