• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

Years
  • Seen Apr 21, 2009
I still have that save issue. When you say "for the first time" does that mean once you load it and forgot to switch it that it can never save? I've had this issue the entire time, but it never really hit home untill I beat the Elite 4. Back is the back up memory I am suppose to exchange?

Edit: Other than whine about my issue I should say this was the reason I joined up and other than the save issue this is the reason why I joined.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Thread opened by request.

Let the spam wars begin~

Coughsurprisingtocoughhearthatcoughfromcoughamodcoughcough

Well, dont worry too much about it, because not like it'll remain open for a lot (maybe just two or three weeks, or maybe less), but I guess I can feel protected with your help meanwhile, eh? ;)

Well I just wanted to comment on the matching game. I like it alot it looks like one of those addicting games I'm gonna play forever lol but great job it looked like it was pretty difficult to make but it looks like it came out great. Keep up the awesome work zel!

Thanks, I will be talking more about it at the end of this post.

Zel, please keep in mind, that no matter how much you work through, this hack would probably be the first to actually finish a Fire Red Hack.

Dont know, I've long stopped caring about rushing my work. If it gets finished first, meh, if it doesnt, meh x2.

Woah, Shiny Gold's back!
Good luck with it. Can't wait to see the next update.

Alright, here's the update:

I've recently uploaded the video to the matchup minigame:

Click Me! Matchup Minigame Video

Now I'll describe the game:

MINI-GAME No.3
"The Matchup mini-game

Basically, you all know what the matchup game is, the one where you have to find the pairs. Well, I got the idea of doing it with Pokeballs and Pokemon.

The game has three levels of difficulty, each varying the number of maximum mistakes you can make. Each level, besides, has three rounds (each varying the number of mistakes as well), the mistakes wont carry out from one round to another, so that's a big help, but of course, as the rounds or level increase, you have less mistakes to make, so things can get hard as you progress.

What are the prizes and costs? This minigame works solely on money. The idea is that every time you complete a round, you get the money you paid doubled. But... If you want to advance to the next round, you have to leave all that money you've gotten. However if you complete the next round, you get your money doubled again. Since I may have confused you, here's a simple example:

-You need $250 for the first round of the Easy mode, complete the round and you get $500. If you want to start the second round, you need those $500 but if you complete this second round you'll get $1000, and so on for another round (since each level has three rounds)

By the way, if you manage to defeat the three rounds of the Hard Mode, a new mode will become available. It'll be quite expensive and you'll require a gifted memory (or plain awesome luck... or some time and savestates -_-) in order to complete this extra mode, but you can start imaging that, since the game is expensive, if you double the cost... :P

That's all for the minigame. The thread will remain open just in case there's stuff to talk about the game. But, since I get the feeling I'll get some bug or glitches reports, I'll say it: I'm not interested yet in hearing them, so it's best to leave them for later (besides, I think I've heard everything already)
OK? No Bug/glitches reports, thanks.

Gah... Something else... Before we also get the usual "I cannot progress after the E4... why?" and similar posts, do the usual. If you have already started a New Game then, close the emulator, delete any .sav or .sa1 file for the game, open the emulator but this time, instead of just loading the rom, go first to Options->Emulator->Save Type and set the Flash128k option. After that you can load the rom and it'll save and load properly, so start a New Game with confidence (only avoid old savestates if you were using them, just create new savestates if you really need'em)

Oh yeah... Something else (again), dont forget the game is intended for being played on a PC. So, dont start asking me about "how can I make it work on xxxx" (xxxx = whatever weird thing you are trying to make the hack work for), because not like I'm a tech freak who has all the latest gadgets and stuff, I wont be able to help you. And I'm not gonna make the hack work for something I dont own (unless you want to buy it for me >.<)

Last edited:
Years
Nice work on those minigames, they look like they took a lot of hard work, and I really can't wait to play them for myself!
Good to see that the progress is coming along smoothly as well, and, please people, no spam. LOL.
Are there going to be any more minigames put into it, or do you think you have enough already?
cheers =D

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 21, 2019
I've been waiting a while for this to be back up!

That minigame looks incredible! Nice job!

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 17, 2023
That mini-game is very impressive, Zel, nice job! It must of taken a while to script that.

Years
I like this project, it's a very good project with many scripts who are interesting. I'm french and I just want to know if you can do an French Version or other language versions ?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
The thread is open again, yeah! :D
Nice mini-game.
When I was little, I used to LOVE match-up games with my dad.
I think I'll enjoy this mini-game. ;)
GL! =3

Years
HI

Hi, im phiippe, i have 13 years old, im pokemon shiny gold player, im live in south america, in Brazil. I want to know if ShinyGold_X_B5_ByZel.zip this is the must new pokemon shiny gold, because i'm been have some problems in the game, Ex: the HM 07 not is in the Ice Path... srry my horrible english... and Zel congratulation for your work...

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 21, 2019
Hi, im phiippe, i have 13 years old, im pokemon shiny gold player, im live in south america, in Brazil. I want to know if ShinyGold_X_B5_ByZel.zip this is the must new pokemon shiny gold, because i'm been have some problems in the game, Ex: the HM 07 not is in the Ice Path... srry my horrible english... and Zel congratulation for your work...

It might just be a bad ROM that you have. Also, HM07 is in Ice Path, or else nobody would be able to get to Kanto. (Unless they cheated, but thats a different story)

Shiny gold X is the harder version of shiny gold. So all the trainers are going to have stronger pokemon than the original version.

megac

Uso Mitaina I Love You
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2010
Whee just recognized you're back :D(haven't been here for ages >,<)
Well as far as I can see you've really improved*thumbs up*Keep up the good work

wildarms001

Random Supporter
Years
  • Seen May 15, 2013
wee im shiny gold is back again :D just take youre time zel :D hope there's a fresh screenie for us :D

Years
  • Seen Jan 24, 2015
Two Glitches, both in Violet city...
1. If you go to the Pokemon Center in Violet City before beating Falkner, you can get the Togepi Egg before and after Falkner... So you get 2 Eggs
2. If you talk to the guy who gives you the Togepi Egg from the front, he walks right through you...

clonex25

Just droppin' by...
Years
Good day, zel.
It's good to know you're back in action.

Nice matchup minigame there. I assume that you have more time now and have a loose schedule in your work.

I have a suggestion in the Whirpool thingy: Why not place it as TM08 (the one Rock Smash owns, since it's now HM)? And it won't be available in Goldenrod Dept. Store until the Lance event at Mahogany.

Mitchman

Banned
Years
Its up again? Well like christos said let the spam begin. Nah kiddin so far its quiet and peaceful. Hope it stays like that.
ON TOPIC:
That minigame is swell. Im guessing hard would have the whole floor or only one retry i guess.

Back