• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Watch out for Ghosts! (Read the First Post!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
Years

I think a Grass/Fire-type or another Grass/Water Pokémon would be really interesting! Not sure what kind of species it would be, but I always liked the Lotad-line for its unique typing alone. Heck, I think the "Lonefire Blossom" Yu-Gi-Oh card might set a good example for a potential Grass/Fire Pokémon! :D

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
Years

I don't think there's a specific type combination I want to see, but I agree ghost/normal to be interesting as combination, but I have no idea what I should imagine as ghost/normal Pokémon.

I think a Grass/Fire-type or another Grass/Water Pokémon would be really interesting! Not sure what kind of species it would be, but I always liked the Lotad-line for its unique typing alone. Heck, I think the "Lonefire Blossom" Yu-Gi-Oh card might set a good example for a potential Grass/Fire Pokémon! :D

Grass/fire should be a pepper.

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017

I imagine that a Ghost/Normal type would be something like a stylized classic sheet ghost. Like the Halloween costume where all you do is wear a white sheet over your head with holes cut out for your eyes.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
Years

Grass/fire should be a pepper.

I think this would make a really fun Pokémon design:

ieh9ivP.jpg

xD

Years

Apparently Bug-type would neutralize Normal's Fighting weakness so you're right on that one. Sadly it'll still have all three of Bug's usual weaknesses intact, so not as beneficial as you think.

Lycanthropy

Years

As fighting resists bug too, you don't really wanted to use bug moves anyway and STAB normal type moves can be beneficial, along with a ghost type resistance. Yet bug isn't effective on ghosts too, so that's not that helpful either.
Something I want to see is an electric/fighting Pokémon. There exist many fire/fighting ones, but no electric/fighting.

Last edited:
Years

Because with the spam of three starters with the typing across three consecutive generations, people got sick of it and say it's not original anymore.

Lycanthropy

Years

I don't have a problem with the starters having only one type, like in the second gen. However, I think it's either all of them or none of them that should gain a second type, not like Gens I/III/V.

Years

So someone wants the starters to have equality... I don't mind if one ends up gaining a second type while the other doesn't, or so.

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
I pretty much base most of my teams based on design, starter included. I also generally try to make them balanced type-wise for normal play-throughs. I don't really care whether staters get or don't get a secondary type; they can add a bit of interestingness to the Pokemon but being a single type isn't really any worse. I do agree that three Fire/Fighting starters was a bit much though.

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
Years
I pretty much base most of my teams based on design, starter included. I also generally try to make them balanced type-wise for normal play-throughs. I don't really care whether staters get or don't get a secondary type; they can add a bit of interestingness to the Pokemon but being a single type isn't really any worse. I do agree that three Fire/Fighting starters was a bit much though.

Basically what I was trying to say. :3 Aggreement!!~ *high five*

Years

I always feel like the starter is part of the essential in-game team because it is your partner, after all.

Lycanthropy

Years

Yeah, because starter Pokémon are relatively strong compared to the available Pokémon on the first few routes and they start at a decent level, which means they're pretty strong and often remain one of the highest levelled Pokémon in my team. I don't think I've ever played without my starter outside of challenges.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
Years

I always use my starter pokemon because I'm too lazy to replace them, and I'm not going to invest time into getting them to the final stage only to switch out for something "statistically better".

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
Years

If I do a challenge, then I try to use a tool for changing the starters to something I need. (Emulators) In normal playthroughs I ALWAYS use my starter, like you guys said it's not the same without a member you trained for so long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back