• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I listen to music because...

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
So, PC, why DO you listen to music? Is there any real reason for it? I'm really curious, so thought this might be a fun thing to ask. ^^

I listen to music because it creates a good distraction for me. It helps me focus a lot more in things I find harder without it. For example, if I'm writing or playing a video game... I can focus waaaaaay better if I have music playing. It also helps calm me down when I get really anxious and overwhelmed. Music has always been a huge part of my life. Simple Plan has actually been able to keep me from self-harming during my last depressive episode I had. I wouldn't really say they saved my life, just that they made me realize I'm not the only one. So, music is very VERY important to me. I feel that without music, if it had ceased to exist... I would probably just... die. :|

Well, enough about my reasons, what are your reasons for listening to it? Why do you listen to music as much as you do?

Years
Music helps make the atmosphere, the environment more enjoyable, more pleasant. It's like a de-stresser. Helps to get me to a place where I can have fun or focus (although music can also be distracting so I'll turn it off sometimes after listening) or turn my mind off if I need help sleeping. It's like something to make me more human when I'm having a monster day.

maccrash

foggy notion
Years
any number of reasons, really, but mostly to enhance my feelings or help me feel better. music can act as catharsis, which is invaluable in and of itself, but it can also bolster an atmosphere -- like listening to some specific thing on Christmas, or just in winter, or on a summer night, can somehow evoke something that's not possible when there's just dead air. it's hard to explain. it's a beautiful thing, really.

music can also serve to transport me somewhere I wouldn't be able to get to without, if that makes any sense. this probably sounds super pseudo-intellectual, but alas. that's my reasoning. that and I just like it.

Back