• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
Years
I want beta 6 to be out because I just got 2 cerulean and now can't do anything

wooo I caught celebi first attempt with a great ball

also in beta 6 try to get up to lugia (pewter city) as well

great job so far zel!

my Ampharos pwns

shinygoldash

bagel-meister ;)
Years
Zel has mapped all of Beta 6 except for trick house and minigames places. Maybe legendary parts too.

Most likely, Lugia has been made already as he made it near the start of Beta 6 progress.

I think we should open a SG thread saying about problems like the damn save thing!
That would wipe out 20 posts a month. :)

Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2010
Im having a big problem with this game and i know this has been asked before i need an answer. I'm playing this game on my iPod touch and every time i push the start button the game crashes to the home screen. Beta 4 worked good with it. Can somebody please give me a solution. Thank you

Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2008
Beta 5 pokemon shiny gold by zel

Is this a full version?Because I just got beta 5 and I'm at the 5th gym leader.Is beta 5 a full version.Or does it stop at the 8th gym leader like people tell me on youtube.

Quickster

Dream or Drop?
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2016
Is this a full version?Because I just got beta 5 and I'm at the 5th gym leader.Is beta 5 a full version.Or does it stop at the 8th gym leader like people tell me on youtube.

beta 5 goes up until kanto and does not have pewter,viridin,or pallet town,,correct me if im wrong.

JJK

The chase is about to begin...
Years
Probably a glitch. If not then hehe wonder whats in there? Assumon a cav would be placed there.
Nope, nothing's there. Although it would be great if in the final release zel made something there, just for fun, like Deoxys/Porygon-Z are to make fun of MissingNO or that bug on the original mortal kombat was made a real fighter later in the series.

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
Years
beta 5 goes up until kanto and does not have pewter,viridin,or pallet town,,correct me if im wrong.

it has cerulean but there is only a Carlos event there so it pretty much doesn't count

also there is no power plant

basiclly once ure at cerulean u just have to train

BattleRevolution2

Poketopia Master For Ever!
Years
  • Seen May 31, 2008
Awesome Dude! I Love it! As a pokemon fan this is the best game so far!

Say No To Priates

Last edited:
Years
hey Zel,
the minigame looks totally awesome, and it was worth the time by the looks of it... man i wish i had 1337 skills like that! all i can do is make a trainer. LOL.
sprites look pretty cool, and they're close-looking to the ones in diamond and pearl (and platinum =D).
Just thought of something here though. You pay between 500-200, and yet you can get stuff such as full restore worth 3000? that means someone can get a full restore from there without paying the extra 1000 but spending some extra time. I like it tho!
keep up the great work!

Years
  • Seen Mar 22, 2011
in the SG-B5 Pokedex by Giovanni Boss is says articunno cannot be found but i kinda actually found articunno and i dun think i was suppose to find it either i used wall cheat to walk sound of fusia then eventually i found a cave went inside and found articunno:S

Years
in the SG-B5 Pokedex by Giovanni Boss is says articunno cannot be found but i kinda actually found articunno and i dun think i was suppose to find it either i used wall cheat to walk sound of fusia then eventually i found a cave went inside and found articunno:S
yeh, try not to use cheats. generally, it helps if you play the game properly, and cheats may screw up your game anyway, as it's not the original fire red.
you're not supposed to be able to go south of fuschia, that's in the next beta i think, so don't rush into it by using cheats.

maximum911

Beggining Scripter
Years
  • Seen Nov 1, 2009
Here are some bugs/glitches that i found

• When you hit the start button in beta 5 in an emulator other than vba it crashes
  • the errand where you take that pokemon to the sleepy guy well the sleepy guy doesn't take the pokemon
other than that it looks good keep up the great work zel!

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
Years
I have a question would fire red gameshark codes work?

Yes and no. Certain FR codes do work. However they almost all ruin the game. Zel didnt create Shiny Gold to be compatible with any cheating devices. My advice: you want to cheat thats your choice, just know that you probably destroy your game.

@zel: speaking of cheating. I actually did the same thing moh27 did (on seperate copy, and just out of curiosity about the missing parts of kanto) and the Seafoam Islands register as Maiden's Peak (an anime exclusive area); is that going to be part of the game or is that something in the FireRed coding from when nintendo created the area?

Last edited:

Awec

Maniacal Egotist ~
Years
  • Seen Nov 21, 2023

• the errand where you take that pokemon to the sleepy guy well the sleepy guy doesn't take the pokemon
Someone mentioned this before in the old thread, and Zel said that the Sleepy guy only wants the letter, you can keep the Pokemon.

Back