• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Patching & Emulation

Usul

Cease my heart beat's weave.
Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2013
I patched the roms to play Pokémon Light Platinum. the .ips system.
But someone how I click on it to play a message pops up: Image-crashed or something.
Got a small guide or something how to get this perfectly done?
PM / IM me if it's needed.

Mouse_Runner

Rising Star
Years
  • UK
  • Seen May 13, 2023
Hopefully, this is the right place to ask this, I also offer my apologies if the questions that I am about to ask have been answered already, I just haven't found them myself.

I am playing Ruby Destiny: Life of Guardians. I think that it is the latest Beta, but I'm not sure.

1. Who do I give Riolu to?
2. How do I get the Cold Scarf without Rock Smash? (As I am unlucky enough to keep 'dying' or at least freezing. I can get almost to where I need to be before I freeze again.)
3. What cheats (if any) work with the game?

Many thanks to anyone who can help me. :D

- Mouse Runner

Years
  • Seen Mar 15, 2011
Hello. I have a question.

I use the RPG Maker XP and found a good starter kit called "Pokémon Script Project.
I've noticed, each of the starter kit used, uses Neo Mode 7, but how do I get it out there that looks like the graphics in Diamond / Pearl / Platinum? For example Pokemon Rubis Abimes/Saphir Marine

How do I get through it? Can someone send me the script and give me a little tutorial?

Thanks in advance!
PS: Sorry if my english is bad

Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2017
Quick question about Gameshark on VBA on Pokemon Ruby/Saphire/Emerald

I like to find the wild version of pokemon from the other version in order to fill the pokedex, but whenever I put a code in for any wild pokemon after #251 and I go into grass the game crashes. Any ideas on how to fix?

Mouse_Runner

Rising Star
Years
  • UK
  • Seen May 13, 2023
Pokemon Dragonstone

Hiya!

Got several questions, again. Sorry folks.

1. Does anybody know how to get the national pokedex in the aforementioned game?
2. I can't remember where I downloaded it from, or who made it, could some one please tell me?
3. Is there a text walkthrough for the game anywhere? I haven't found one yet.
4. Are there, if any, codes that work with the game?

Thanks again, and I apologise if these seem dumb questions.

- Mouse Runner

P.S Sorry, can't help you there Remster.

Years
  • Seen May 16, 2012
Is it possible for me to battle someone via an emulator online when they're on a different computer?

No saddly, I already tried that. There is absolutly no way to battle and trade on emulators, do to the lack of any emulator being that smart.

___________________________________________________________________Check out A BO$$ HACK OF RUBY AT Pokemoncobalt.webs.com With 200-300
All new fakemon, plus a new region.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 26, 2023
VisualBoyAdvance save file not working.

Ok, so when I finshed playing a game on VBA, I saved it With the VisualBoyAdvance Save file option. And when I wanted to play it again, It said: Unsupported VisualBoyAdvance save game version 0. Can someone help me?

notcrazy_iminsane

Manga Artist
Years
I've got a question pertaining to hacking and i can't seem to find an answer anywhere.

I would I go about inserting a pokemon into Pokemon Red? I wanted to edit one of the Missingno slots into a new pokemon, and how to edit the Pokedex to allow an added Pokemon?

SupahNinja

Scripting Ninja
Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2011
[Question] Trading between DS Games?

First of all, I'd like to put this in the Beginner's Lounge, but when I start a thread I get the
Access Denied.

SupahNinja, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
  1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page.
    Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. Your account hasn't yet been activated.
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation. You may activate your account here.
message. But back to my question.
I was wondering if there was a way to link two DS games, or one DS game and one GBA game.
I know from reading the FAQs that we can do it with two GB/GBC games, but I saw nothing about DS games.
I'm trying to get every legendary with no hacks, and transfer them all into Pokemon Black.

Last edited:

adamb241

Pokémon Raging Fury
Years
Well I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this kind of problem, but I'm not really sure what is causing this so this is where I'm posting it. (Sorry in advance if someone has already asked this or this isn't the place.)

So I'll try to explain what happens. Basically, the problem is, in one portion of my map, after I encounter a Pokemon, the game glitches and the player loses control of his sprite and takes the form of a glitched one (off tot he side.) I've tried to re-point the wild pokemon data (No avail), I've removed scripts (No Avail). I'm not sure the issue here, possibly something with a script offset? I'm in desperate need of help here so any help would be greatly appreciated. Here is a video of what happens;

*Skip to 0:41 for the glitch.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
Well I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this kind of problem, but I'm not really sure what is causing this so this is where I'm posting it. (Sorry in advance if someone has already asked this or this isn't the place.)

So I'll try to explain what happens. Basically, the problem is, in one portion of my map, after I encounter a Pokemon, the game glitches and the player loses control of his sprite and takes the form of a glitched one (off tot he side.) I've tried to re-point the wild pokemon data (No avail), I've removed scripts (No Avail). I'm not sure the issue here, possibly something with a script offset? I'm in desperate need of help here so any help would be greatly appreciated. Here is a video of what happens;

VIDEO

*Skip to 0:41 for the glitch.

My understanding (which I gather from this and my own, independent research) is that if an NPC has the behavior '0xB', upon returning to the overworld the player will assume control over that NPC. So if that trainer has the behavior "Look down", then that's likely the source of the problem.

For future reference, questions like these should go in the Simple Questions Thread over in ROM Hacking.

adamb241

Pokémon Raging Fury
Years
My understanding (which I gather from this and my own, independent research) is that if an NPC has the behavior '0xB', upon returning to the overworld the player will assume control over that NPC. So if that trainer has the behavior "Look down", then that's likely the source of the problem.

For future reference, questions like these should go in the Simple Questions Thread over in ROM Hacking.

That did it thanks, I didn't know there was a separate one. Thanks for the heads up and sorry for the inconvenience.

Stunna

Hungry Boy
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2013
SOMEONE HELP.

I downloaded Pokemon White, but is says "Application not found".

I got WinRAR, but it asks for some password, and gives me a link. I follow the link, but the download for the password is blocked by a survey that ISN'T A SURVEY.

HELP.

Years
  • Seen Sep 20, 2021
help?

each time i play a hacked pokemon rom on visual boy advance every so often a bunch of pictures of the game are saved on my desktop help me it keeps saving what do i do?

Back