• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
I'm still very new to scripting, so this probably won't work, but it's worth a try. What I added is in bold.
Yeah, it didn't work. But thanks for trying. Anybody else want to help?
Spoiler:

Quickster

Dream or Drop?
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2016
Yeah, it didn't work. But thanks for trying. Anybody else want to help?
Spoiler:

What happens? I tried fixing it,but the problem will help still. Fixes in bold.Thats all I can see wrong,as of now.

Years
-。-I just got a problem when combine MOVE CAMERA script and NORMAL MOVE script:

Code:
#dynamic 0x800000
#org @start
lockall
special 0x113
applymovemenrt 0xFF @moveplayer1
pause 0x50
applymovement 0x7F @move1
waitmovement 0x0
pause 0x50
applymovement 0x7 @move2
waitmovement 0x0
pause 0x50
fadescreen 0x3
message @msg1 0x2
fadescreen 0x2
applymovement 0x7 @move3
waitmovement 0x0
pause 0x50
message @msg2 0x2
applymovement 0x7F @move4
special 0x114
releaseall
end

#org @moveplayer1
#raw 0x62
#raw 0xEF

#org @move1
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0xFE

#org @move2
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0xFE

#org @move3
#raw 0x16
#raw 0x03
#raw 0x62
#raw 0xFE

#org @msg1
=BBB

#org @msg2
=AAA

#org @move4
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0xFE

Can anyone help this?

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
-。-I just got a problem when combine MOVE CAMERA script and NORMAL MOVE script:

Code:
#dynamic 0x800000
#org @start
lockall
special 0x113
applymovement 0xFF @moveplayer1
pause 0x50
applymovement 0x7F @move1
waitmovement 0x0
pause 0x50
applymovement 0x7 @move2
waitmovement 0x0
pause 0x50
fadescreen 0x3
message @msg1 0x2
fadescreen 0x2
applymovement 0x7 @move3
waitmovement 0x0
pause 0x50
message @msg2 0x2
applymovement 0x7F @move4
special 0x114
releaseall
end

#org @moveplayer1
#raw 0x62
#raw 0xFE

#org @move1
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0xFE

#org @move2
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0xFE

#org @move3
#raw 0x16
#raw 0x03
#raw 0x62
#raw 0xFE

#org @msg1
= BBB

#org @msg2
= AAA

#org @move4
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0xFE
Can anyone help this?
A few misspellings. Nothing hard to fix.

Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2010
Game: Fire Red
Type of Event: Person
Scripted in: XSE
Goal of Script: Display message, initiate trainer battle, display losing message, give shiny Dratini, display message, hide sprite.
What it does: It does everything, except I need to talk to the person after the battle in order for him to give the Dratini to me, and I want that to happen as soon as the battle finishes. The sprite also won't stay hidden, but that's not the main problem.
Script:
Spoiler:

Additional Notes: I tried making the trainer type 0x1, like you would expect, but after I add in the @after offset, it truncates the script to this:
Spoiler:

The script for the 0x1 trainer type that I wrote is this:
Spoiler:

Thank you in advance! This has been a pain in my neck for about 3 weeks now.

Last edited:
Years
Ok, so I'm hacking Emerald. I've read some tutorials, and I've got the basics down, such as simple message scripts, signs, and Yes/no choiceboxes. I was able to do these no problem before (as in a few weeks ago) but now that I've tried again, none of them work. Today, I even followed diegoisawesome's tutorial exactly (or thethethethe, whoever did one on XSE). I tried copying in the example scripts, typing them exactly, and yet when I press "A" on any sign or person the script is assigned to, all I get is an endless string of these characters:
Code:
qÀF
A space is also present, after the F. They just continue until I'm forced to reset. I really don't know what goes wrong, as I definately copy exactly what the example scripts say. For my dynamic offsets, I use the free space finder in AdvanceMap, click "OK" and use the first offset shown. Does anyone have any idea as to what I'm doing wrong? (because I really could get it to work before. Really. *rocks back and forth*). If you can solve this, you get a cookie :P

Omega Zero

Is back...
Years
Ok, so I'm hacking Emerald. I've read some tutorials, and I've got the basics down, such as simple message scripts, signs, and Yes/no choiceboxes. I was able to do these no problem before (as in a few weeks ago) but now that I've tried again, none of them work. Today, I even followed diegoisawesome's tutorial exactly (or thethethethe, whoever did one on XSE). I tried copying in the example scripts, typing them exactly, and yet when I press "A" on any sign or person the script is assigned to, all I get is an endless string of these characters:
Code:
qÀF
A space is also present, after the F. They just continue until I'm forced to reset. I really don't know what goes wrong, as I definately copy exactly what the example scripts say. For my dynamic offsets, I use the free space finder in AdvanceMap, click "OK" and use the first offset shown. Does anyone have any idea as to what I'm doing wrong? (because I really could get it to work before. Really. *rocks back and forth*). If you can solve this, you get a cookie :P
Hmm maybe you opened the wrong rom and compiled it into the wrong rom?

Quickster

Dream or Drop?
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2016
Code:
qÀF

Whenever that happens to me I just give it a new offset. But make sure its free and if your just edititng the original that the message pointer has a fresh offset too.

Years
Hmm maybe you opened the wrong rom and compiled it into the wrong rom?

Sorry, should have said- the only way I script is through AdvanceMap (ie, set XSE as my script editor, add the event to the map, and say "Open Script"). So I definately didn't open or compile it wrong- unless.. When I compile them, I hit "copy", and paste the new offset in the "script offset" box in AdvanceMap. I think that's correct, though, isn't it? Here's what I mean-
Code:
 #dynamic 0x(generic)
#org @start
When I click Compile, the offset for "#org @start" is highlighted, I copy and paste it. Is that the correct way, yeah?
And to Quickster, I've tried that multiple times, I'm stumped, it does the same each time. Thanks to you both for trying, though.

Omega Zero

Is back...
Years
Sorry, should have said- the only way I script is through AdvanceMap (ie, set XSE as my script editor, add the event to the map, and say "Open Script"). So I definately didn't open or compile it wrong- unless.. When I compile them, I hit "copy", and paste the new offset in the "script offset" box in AdvanceMap. I think that's correct, though, isn't it? Here's what I mean-
Code:
 #dynamic 0x(generic)
#org @start
When I click Compile, the offset for "#org @start" is highlighted, I copy and paste it. Is that the correct way, yeah?
And to Quickster, I've tried that multiple times, I'm stumped, it does the same each time. Thanks to you both for trying, though.
Hmm that's strange :S what else have you tryed?

Years
Hmm that's strange :S what else have you tryed?

Well, if you mean what other scripts have I tried, only the ones named, ie, Signposts, People and Yes/No boxes. I didn't even add my own text, I copied the examples.
However, it did work when I just edited a signpost (because I knew you had to keep the text shorter than the original if you were just editing, so I did, and it worked).
If you meant what other solutions have I tried... Well, trying different Dynamic offsets and redoing the scripts, I guess. I think my problem could be the dynamic offset? I mean, I do find it with a free space finder, but the script only seems to work if I edit one's text. So the dynamic could be it?

trebornosliw

Learning
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 22, 2012
Wow, it's been awhile since I was last here, which could be a good or bad thing, I suppose...
Anyway, question: I'm using the changemaptile command for the first time, do I need to do anything special to make the change permanent? I'm assuming I'll at least have to change the flag...
Oh, and I'm using the warp command again, do I need to convert the map/map bank numbers to hex, or can I just use the normal decimal numbers?
These are, of course, done in XSE.

Oh, and one more thing. What's wrong with this level script? I know that there's no setvar, but that's because I want it to repeat every time you enter the map. At the moment it's not doing anything though.

Spoiler:

Code:
qÀF
Now, as for your problem, have you tried just going with 800000+ offsets, instead of using the FSF? That's probably not the issue, but the problem really makes no sense... I don't get why it would do that.
A few more questions...
What script were you using, exactly?
Are you positive that the rom is clean?
If you decompile the script after compiling it, is the decompiled script any different from the original?
I'll try to help, but it sounds like this is out of my league, and I've never actually hacked Emerald before, just FR.

Last edited:

arpeejajo

King Of Muay Thai
Years
Hey everyone, I'm new to scripting so please don't laugh at my inability to script.
Game: Pokemon Fire Red Hack
Type: Trigger
Editor: XSE
Script:
Spoiler:

Screenshots and/or Videos: Can't add links because of post count.
So this is my script. The problem is that I want it to activate after your intro with Oak. Also when I step on the trigger it just freezes everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back