• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Alternating Vision

Do you like the overall idea of this game?

• Yes

Votes: 10 76.9%
  • No

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Eh - not good, not bad

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
Okay guys, I'm here with another fangame idea. But this one is different. As far as I know, what I am thinking of hasn't been seen in a game. I am planning to make this, as I am slowly and unstably learning how to use RPG Maker XP, and as soon as I know enough, you can bet I'll be attempting to make this.

It's basically creating a whole game out of one teensy little event way back from Pokemon Red and Blue:

220px-SeaBill.png

Pokemon: Alternating Vision
****** title subject to change

An imaginative cross between Pokemon Mystery Dungeon and the main Pokemon Series

Plot
This is where it gets juicy.

BillSprite.png
SpriteGiovanni.png

Okay, here we go -
You are currently an assistant of the renown Bill - creator of the PC pertinent in every mainstream Pokemon game. He is once again experimenting with teleportation, and is extremely confident that his research will result in success. As he is manning the controls, you enter the teleportation cubicle in his place. In the other, an Eevee.
And oh looky, it failed horribly. It seems that you have now merged DNA with Eevee, and you are now a Pokemon (Eevee). Congratulations, I'm so proud.

Bill agrees to change you back, but before you can say anything else Team Rocket barges in and kidnaps Bill. You can't stay and wait, so you venture out into the world in order to revert back to your normal self and save Bill from the treacherous hands of Team Rocket. aaaand scene!

Chapters
Because I like books

Chapter One: Teleportation Against Nature
Chapter Two: Into the Unknown
Chapter Three: Captured
Chapter Four: Inside the PC
Chapter Five: Release
Chapter Six: Side Effects
Chapter Seven: The Challenge
Chapter Eight: Inside Enemy Lines
Chapter Nine: Target in Sight
Chapter Ten: Glitch Fix

Starter Pokemon
There's no choice, so shut up and deal with it

Spr_3f_133.png

Ah, Eevee. I like it. Bill choose Eevee as his second test subject. It his favorite, and he gives it to trainers he deems worthy. But you get one differently, in a sense.
Eevee will have changed stats to make it more powerful, or a more versatile moveset (whichever fits better).
More will be revealed later, and you won't complain about getting Eevee and crap I realized it's similar to Super Pokemon Eevee Edition

Pokedex
Wait - let me explain

You won't get this for a long time. Well, not really, but you won't have it when you're a Pokemon, at least. Not saying any more without giving spoilers. Subject to change, still deciding whether or not to use fakemon.

fangame_pokedex_by_impojr-d45n6x8.png

Gym Leaders
Yes, I was meant to write this

You will also battle Gym Leaders. You may be thinking something along the lines of "you're a Pokemon. You can't battle Gym's." Well. You're right. I'll add more later.

Flora
Grass Gym
Rose Badge
Flora is the first Gym Leader of this region, and cares deeply about the environment. She is active in protests and is the caretaker of the large garden in her town. She gets rather cocky when versing trainers, as the novices approach her when beginning Gym Battles.
406.png
187.png
315.png

Medile
Poison Gym
Virus Badge
Medile is the Gym Leader for her town. She is in her early twenties and her divorced parents run the town's hospital. She enjoys researching medicine, and aspires to use her Pokemon's poison to aid medical research. She considers herself a matchmaker, and likes to set people up on dates - she is responsible for finding each one of her Gym Trainers a spouse.
30.png
33.png

Wondo
Fighting Gym
??? Badge
Description pending
106.png
107.png
237.png

Jet
Flying Gym
??? Badge
Description Pending
207.png
17.png
430.png

Stella
Steel Gym
??? Badge
Description Pending
305.png
227.png
208.png

No name yet
Dragon Gym
??? Badge
Description Pending
117.png
148.png
334.png

No name yet
??? Badge
Description Pending
429.png
94.png
477.png

Yasmin
??? Badge
Yasmin is the youngest leader, but also the toughest. She uses her age to lure opponents into a false sense of security before releasing her full potential. Her tough demeanor comes from her mother - the toughest of the Elite Four. Yasmin enjoys studying psychology, and uses what she learns to predict what happens in battles.
124.png
122.png
65.png
282.png

Trainers
They like you

Well, you're a rare Pokemon. With no trainer. Approach one, and they will most probably try to catch you. But so you aren't battling five Pokemon, the trainers will have less Pokemon or be under-leveled. If you do get caught, you have to start from the last save point, so don't get caught.

The Current Team
You know what this means

Impo - Founder, Mapper, Ideas, everything as soon as I learn

I am currently looking for people to help me with this game. Even if they just tell me how to do stuff I would be appreciated, so just send me a PM because I could use help with everything.

I'm currently desperate for scripts and events, so if anyone would like to help me (even just telling me how to do it) would be greatly appreciated.

Credits
I'm tired of typing now

Poccils and Flameguru - Pokemon Essential Starter Kit.
Abnegation - For his tutorial, livestream and overall help, greatly appreciated.

---

I think that's it for now. Oh, I'll add some features and stuff later. I guess one thing I'll mention is that the game will have a talking you. I plan to give it a kind of humor similar to the kind I used in this first post here. Comments, critique and anything is appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited:

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
Loving the uniqueness of your idea Impo. Good luck and if you want any help story-wise, you can find me on IRC. :)

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
Loving the uniqueness of your idea Impo. Good luck and if you want any help story-wise, you can find me on IRC. :)

Yay! Thank you for the comment.
I've always loved your ideas and plots, so I'll probably ask for your opinions sooner or later :) !

Rossay

Quack quack
Years
While the idea is different, I'm not a fan of the whole "person turning into a pokemon" idea. Sorry Impo :[

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
Years
Why is the pokemon always an eevee eevee is pathetic thats 5 it evolved into 5 things, and its evloved forms are still not any good.. but on your plot its different and interesting.. but basically isnt it like making a PMD game?

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
While the idea is different, I'm not a fan of the whole "person turning into a pokemon" idea. Sorry Impo :[

That's fine, Rossay, thank you for the honest opinion :) !

Why is the pokemon always an eevee eevee is pathetic thats 5 it evolved into 5 things, and its evloved forms are still not any good.. but on your plot its different and interesting.. but basically isnt it like making a PMD game?

...I did explain practically all of that, but...

Eevee is Bill's signature Pokemon, and he hands them out in games and stuff.
The first thing I noted when saying it was eevee is that I'll change the moveset and add move the stats around, so It'll be more powerful and the game will be at an easier (but still enjoyable) level.

And lastly, yes, it is like a PMD game, it's meant to be a cross between the two. I've always liked PMD, so I thought I'd add a touch of it to a fangame.

I'm always open to ideas, so if you have a suggestion to Eevee's replacement then please tell me :) !

Wow. This game looks great! I love the idea.

-

Thanks for all the comments, guys!

Beegu

Is Waldo
Years
Wow. I really like this. If I say "Yes, I like this game idea" it would be a large understatement. This is genius. My most specific comment would be I especially liked Chapter part, I love the cliffhanger feel of it. My only advice is since it IS an eevee-based game, you may want to consider adding more evolutions to the mix. My question is will this be played on the Kanto map we all know and love, or will the region be tweaked and/or all new? Either is fine. My criticism is... ha! NONE! I will definitely be checking for updates and releases. ;)

EDIT:ˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇ
To next comment I say YAY! (y'know, in general)
ˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇ

Last edited:

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
Wow. I really like this. If I say "Yes, I like this game idea" it would be a large understatement. This is genius. My most specific comment would be I especially liked Chapter part, I love the cliffhanger feel of it. My only advice is since it IS an eevee-based game, you may want to consider adding more evolutions to the mix. My question is will this be played on the Kanto map we all know and love, or will the region be tweaked and/or all new? Either is fine. My criticism is... ha! NONE! I will definitely be checking for updates and releases. ;)

Aw, that was flattering! Thank you!

And yes, Eevee won't just be a plain Eevee for long. It's quite versatile, really.
And I was thinking of a whole new region, so I can adapt it to the PMD side of the game.

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
Years
I'm always open to ideas, so if you have a suggestion to Eevee's replacement then please tell me :) !

Well bill is a pokemaniac so all pokemon are awesome to him.. So why not a pokemon with a more balanced moved set without tweaking

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
Well bill is a pokemaniac so all pokemon are awesome to him.. So why not a pokemon with a more balanced moved set without tweaking

I see what you mean, but I'd prefer to go with Eevee. You're not going to be Eevee the whole game - I'm planning to make it so you can go back to trainer form and catch and create a team of your own. Just for the main story you will mostly be Eevee and something else.

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
lol @ the idea of Eevee and its evolutions being terrible Pokemon. There's a reason several of them have played major roles in competitive Pokemon since the beginning. Eevee is a good Pokemon that offers a lot of variety when it comes to evolution. It is a bit cliched to use it though but I think it's good as a starter.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
lol @ the idea of Eevee and its evolutions being terrible Pokemon. There's a reason several of them have played major roles in competitive Pokemon since the beginning. Eevee is a good Pokemon that offers a lot of variety when it comes to evolution. It is a bit cliched to use it though but I think it's good as a starter.

...yeah, I was wondering why such a versatile Pokemon was "bad".

Wonderful idea you have here. I support this 100%. (:

yayayay! Thanks so much!

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I love the idea of an Eevee based game, it means Vaporeon (it does mean Vaporeon right...)

(eye twitches)

I love the idea of a game that is part PMD and part not, I'll sure play it (assuming my Mac lets me).

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
I love the idea of an Eevee based game, it means Vaporeon (it does mean Vaporeon right...)

(eye twitches)

I love the idea of a game that is part PMD and part not, I'll sure play it (assuming my Mac lets me).

Yay!

Also, I've been making maps, so I thought I'd share some minuscule progress:

Town 1
town_1_by_impojr-d45m5ad.png

And the pokedex

fangame_pokedex_by_impojr-d45n6x8.png

herojelly

PMD Puzzle!
Years
Yay, more awesomeness! You might want to consider adding a staircase to be able to get to the sign and bushes.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
Yay, more awesomeness! You might want to consider adding a staircase to be able to get to the sign and bushes.

Haha, thank you! And yeah, I didn't have the tiles for stairs, so I thought I'd leave them out for now. I might add a little background on the little town, if people like.

The map looks nice, though it looks like it's missing some flowers or something though.

Flowers! I knew there was something missing! Thanks!

Back