• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Expert Emerald~ FINAL BETA RELEASED (Project Complete)

Overall Hack Rating!

• ★★★★★

Votes: 756 69.3%
  • ★★★★

Votes: 230 21.1%
  • ★★★

Votes: 60 5.5%
  • ★★

Votes: 10 0.9%
  • Votes: 35 3.2%

• Total voters
Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2019
One more thing Suicune, Blaziken's cry doesn't seem to be correct. It has a strange growl at the end of it's usual one, which I'm not sure if it's supposed to be there. :)

blue

gucci
Years
One more thing Suicune, Blaziken's cry doesn't seem to be correct. It has a strange growl at the end of it's usual one, which I'm not sure if it's supposed to be there. :)

Thanks, yeah the same thing happens with Sceptile it's only a few of them I think but it's something to do with using A-Map and other tools, I prevented the game sound corruption but the cry sound corruption is something that I can't fix unfortunately.

Solo Chansey update:

4 hours play time, 0 badges. 2 hours were spent on a single failed attempt at Roxanne. I have had to resort to Struggle against FOUR different trainers so far, including the failed Roxanne attempt.

I suppose I could throw in a few moves for Chansey to prevent falling into Struggle constantly, I'll let you know if I get round to it.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
So...do we know how to get to the event islands yet? the tickets still dont work and we dont even need the rainbow pass!

blue

gucci
Years
So...do we know how to get to the event islands yet? the tickets still dont work and we dont even need the rainbow pass!

There's a guide on the first post.

Update ~ Beta 7.31

This update is mainly focused around changing Masquerain but others too --

Chansey now evolves into Blissey at Level 40

Chansey now learns Return at Level 5, Dizzy Punch at Level 19, Faint Attack at Level 26, Body Slam at Level 28 & Mega Punch at Level 32

Blissey now learns ThunderPunch at Level 48, Ice Punch at Level 50, Fire Punch at Level 52 & Hyper Beam at Level 60

Sealeo now leanrs Ice Beam at Level 40
Houndoom now learns Fire Blast at Level 63
Surskit now learns Bubblebeam at Level 16
Masquerain now learns Water Pulse at Level 29 Wing Attack at Level 29, Aerial Ace at Level 39 & Hydro Pump at Level 55 - Also learns HM02 Fly & HM03 Surf now! Finally, Masquerain is now dual Water/Flying type in place of Bug/Flying, I figured it makes more sence, suits it much better and put's the weaknesses down to just two (Electric & Rock)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016

There's a guide on the first post.

[/SIZE][/FONT]

Thank you for replying :]

I'm guessing that the method supplied on the OP is locked to the save?

Wish it was hackable onto the actual game...

Thanks anyway :D

Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2019
I've just returned to Petalburg after beating Flannery, and team is:
Blaziken Lv. 39
Swellow Lv. 40
Starmie Lv. 42
Cacnea Lv. 28 (will eventually replace Weepinbell)
Weepinbell Lv. 40
Are there any good places to train? I've been through the desert but it's full of level 20-25 Pokémon that don't give much XP, and I need to train quite a lot if I want to beat Norman.

Pharetra

zzzz
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 23, 2021
Blaziken Lv. 39
Swellow Lv. 40
Starmie Lv. 42
Weepinbell Lv. 40
Are there any good places to train? I've been through the desert but it's full of level 20-25 Pokémon that don't give much XP, and I need to train quite a lot if I want to beat Norman.

Meteor Falls is a great place to train, Golbat gives approximately 700 Exp. Points.

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
YES! I managed to use memory viewer and made all the tickets work (swapped rainbow pass for eon ticket using advanced map.)

blue

gucci
Years
Blaziken Lv. 39
Swellow Lv. 40
Starmie Lv. 42
Weepinbell Lv. 40

Try see if any trainers want rematches on the Pokénav, make sure you've battled all trainers in every area, Trick House and some caves have some high exp Pokémon.

YES! I managed to use memory viewer and made all the tickets work (swapped rainbow pass for eon ticket using advanced map.)

Good news! glad you got them working.

Also for those of you having trouble training I'll edit one of the routes so it has high gaining EXP Pokémon.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Strange...

I got up to Tucker (the dome brain) in uh....Battle Dome lol and it was Juan?!

The game said it was Tucker. Whats wrong?

blue

gucci
Years
Right so as you can see I decided to edit Route 115 so that there's more trainers available at that part of the game and also to gain access to grass that has high exp giving Pokémon, these are: Chansey, Exploud, Tauros, Kangaskhan, Wigglytuff & Clefable. I've also made it accessible without Surf so you can go there upon exiting Meteor Falls, this is also a place to train in preparation for Norman.

PokemonEmeraldExp_01-2.png

~ (Beta 7.4)

Strange...

I got up to Tucker (the dome brain) in uh....Battle Dome lol and it was Juan?!

The game said it was Tucker. Whats wrong?

There are limited free trainer spaces in A-Trainer for Emerald so I had to use one of the other trainers and mustn't have realised I was using a Frontier Brain, you'll still get the emblem if you beat them etc.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Found 2 Celebi's. error?

One on Southern Island(Lv30)

Another at Battle Frontier(Lv60)

I think this also happened with Mewtwo. One on Faraway Island and another in studio hole or w/e that place is called where smeargle are caught.

Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2019
I was worried about updating, even after you said it was fine, and it worked perfectly! I'm grateful that you changed Pure Power on Swellow to Guts, since I'd tried Pure Power and it was a little OP. The 'new' Route 115 is great too, thanks for opening it up so we can go there before getting Surf.
I just wanted to say thanks again for providing such great support for this hack, I'm really impressed and grateful, as every update brings improvements to this already awesome game. :)

blue

gucci
Years
Found 2 Celebi's. error?

One on Southern Island(Lv30)

Another at Battle Frontier(Lv60)

I think this also happened with Mewtwo. One on Faraway Island and another in studio hole or w/e that place is called where smeargle are caught.

Just checked and I know what you mean, I've deleted the events - I musn't have realised that they were still there. The official places are where you found them later (Battle Frontier & Artisan Cave) Thanks for pointing this out. I've re-uploaded 7.4 with these deleted.

I was worried about updating, even after you said it was fine, and it worked perfectly! I'm grateful that you changed Pure Power on Swellow to Guts, since I'd tried Pure Power and it was a little OP. The 'new' Route 115 is great too, thanks for opening it up so we can go there before getting Surf.
I just wanted to say thanks again for providing such great support for this hack, I'm really impressed and grateful, as every update brings improvements to this already awesome game. :)

Yeah considering Swellows total stat has been increased it would add to the power which would make it more of an uber.

Also, no problem! I'm happy to help and make the hack better and support ideas/suggestions.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
This ROM hack is looking much better. Still has some things to fix here and there but it's what I've always wanted. A complete 3rd gen game.

Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2013

Yes! So my tutorial was actually helpfull :D
I was almost thinking I did something wrong :D
I have a question, so I did the whole thing where you add 1386 to the given 32-bit hex code and then go to that code, but when I did that, it resulted in an offset that did not even exist, my result was 2026DCE, and as i said, It does not even exist, any idea on what I should do?

blue

gucci
Years
This ROM hack is looking much better. Still has some things to fix here and there but it's what I've always wanted. A complete 3rd gen game.

Thanks! I agree that there are some issues that need sorting out which will hopefully be fixed soon.

___

Just re-uploaded 7.4 because of two small changes, I've swapped Juan's Sharpedo for Kingdra and Sidneys Houndoom for Sharpedo.

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016

Yes! So my tutorial was actually helpfull :D
I was almost thinking I did something wrong :D

The only thing you did wrong was not explaining it so some people (i.e me) could understand xD. Then I found that you explained it somewhere in this thread and I got it :D

EDIT: Is there an issue in updating with the new patches and having an existing game save of the ROM hack?

Last edited:
Back