• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheQuagsireFactor

TheQuagsMaster5000
Years
Okay, so I'm looking for a program with a specific task, and I haven't had much luck finding one. I plan on starting to edit Pokemon Ruby version, but I want to be able to edit cut scenes.

What I mean by cut scenes is, take for example, in the magma hideout right after you beat Maxie and he awakens Groudon. He then walks out of the base after his advisors inform him that he made a mistake. I want to be able to control when these cut scenes occur, and any movements that may be made by sprites during these cut scenes. Is there a program that lets me do that?

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
I didn't see any answers to my question when I looked through here.. so I'm sorry if I missed it and annoy anyone when I ask, but..

When I open my rom in XSE it doesn't show the scripts, or am I doing something wrong?

Did you put an offset in the offset thing? For example:
Spoiler:

Okay, so I'm looking for a program with a specific task, and I haven't had much luck finding one. I plan on starting to edit Pokemon Ruby version, but I want to be able to edit cut scenes.

What I mean by cut scenes is, take for example, in the magma hideout right after you beat Maxie and he awakens Groudon. He then walks out of the base after his advisors inform him that he made a mistake. I want to be able to control when these cut scenes occur, and any movements that may be made by sprites during these cut scenes. Is there a program that lets me do that?

Do you mean edit the scripts? Like with XSE? Because what it sounds like to me, is that you want to edit the scripts of the game. The try here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=85025
Find the XSE (In the spoiler) and download it.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years

If you mean the animated crap like when rayquaza comes in to shut kyogre and groudon up in emerald then no, that is some heavy duty ASM, well, actually, just some repointing, but making it do NEW stuff, that is ASM work.

If you mean scenes where you and wally are having a nice chat, or when Norman is telling you you need more badges, then yes, you can change that, with scripting.
If you mean stuff like when groudon comes out of the lava in the cave with the evil team, then yes, that too can be edited with scripts, albeit harder ones if you don't know what you are doing.

Hope that answers some questions.
Programs: eXtreme Script Editor (XSE), unLZgba, Nameless Script Editor (NSE), Advanced Pallet Editor (APE) (If you must need it)

PROTIP, if you want an excellent XSE Guide, open XSE, and press F2, it has EVERYTHING you'll need to get started, provided you want to read it all, it's a nice hefty guide, but very informative, and important you don't skip a single step, learn to start thinking LOGICALLY, like everything you are doing is a problem, you just gotta solve it.

PROTIP 2: If you're going to end up editing graphics, use unLZgba to find the offsets of what you want to edit (if it is LZ77 Compressed, I'll get back to that). Get the offset, and make a bookmark in NSE for it, then open the bookmark, and edit to your hearts content, if a repoint is needed, you should probably make sure it will repoint to some freespace.

If the thing you wanna edit is NOT in unLZgba, that means it is NOT LZ77 compressed data, which means you gotta open it up in something like TileMolester, or TXT2GBA (I think?) TileMolester for sure, find the thing you're looking for (make sure to space and align the bytes right) and get the offset for the image there, from there, you can edit there, or edit in NSE. (NSE already comes jam packed full of juicy bookmarks for you to use, at least in Fire Red Version, Ruby wouldn't be to hard to make...)

PROTIP 3: Edit Pallets AFTER modding the graphic for win points, you can use these win points at various flame wars.
LOLJKJK, Edit the Palletes after though, since it's usually easier to put in the pallete to the graphic in the game, than to mod the pallete to the EXACT perfect pallet of the image in the bmp/png. I just find it easier IMO.

Have fun kids!
[/longpost]

Years
  • Seen Nov 6, 2016
straight to the point,, well im bragged and i dont know what is the special of bicycle or any script unto it, i just need idea i know how to deal with them i just want the code for it?
example of when you step on it WITHOUT riding any bicycle then the script wont let you in,
but IF YOU STEPPED at script AND YOU was RIDING a bicycle then the script let you in.

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
I didn't see any answers to my question when I looked through here.. so I'm sorry if I missed it and annoy anyone when I ask, but..

When I open my rom in XSE it doesn't show the scripts, or am I doing something wrong?
Could you be a little more specific? Um, if you open your ROM in XSE then you're supposed to make your own script. If yous saved it, and want to re-open it, then open the script, and it should be saved in .rbc file. If you want to open a script that's already compiled, then go get your offset and open your ROM and paste the offset at the right where it says: Offset 0x|________. And then click the icon next to it to decompile. If it's something such as a level script, after decompiling it click the icon next to the decompile icon, and then re-click the decompile icon. If you don't understand, here:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Jun 7, 2012
Thanks Destiny Demon and Teh Blazer, I got it handled now.

but I have another question.. how would you edit the title screen?

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 30, 2011
I've been looking round your site and... well i got lost :$ haha

I know this might not be the place to ask but is there a Map hacker out there for the Red/Blue/Yellow series?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 30, 2011
Thanks Blazichu :)

I do however have another question haha. I've just 'finished' my first map (without events, i don't quite know how to do them yet) and i've done the movement permissions on it so i want to load the player sprite and test it. How would i go about doing that ?

Cheers again guys

Equin

Got it memorized?
Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2010
Okay, nobody knows the answer to my previous question, but hokay. Here goes another:

Let's say we have a script, eg 10A564. Is there a way to delete all the data of the script, so that the offset can be used again, as free space?

If it includes hex editing (FFing bytes), do tell me so, because I began looking into it today.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 30, 2011
Are there any red/blue/yellow map hacking programs with event editors in them? The ones Blazichu linked to me don't have them in.

Sawakita

Not Invented Here
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 17, 2019
Are there any red/blue/yellow map hacking programs with event editors in them? The ones Blazichu linked to me don't have them in.

Here, use this doc to see how to edit map headers, event data, and related stuff.
Get a good hex editor (HexWorkshop will be good).
Check also datacrystal's RedBlue ROM Map

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 30, 2011
While making maps, is there a way to make doing trees less tedious?
Does it have to be one block at a time or is there a way to select a whole tree and place it?

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
While making maps, is there a way to make doing trees less tedious?
Does it have to be one block at a time or is there a way to select a whole tree and place it?

CTRL+Right Click-Drag over the tiles you wanna place. This works in the tile screen and the map screen.
ALT+Click to floodfill places like grass and walkways...

TheQuagsireFactor

TheQuagsMaster5000
Years
If you mean the animated crap like when rayquaza comes in to shut kyogre and groudon up in emerald then no, that is some heavy duty ASM, well, actually, just some repointing, but making it do NEW stuff, that is ASM work.

If you mean scenes where you and wally are having a nice chat, or when Norman is telling you you need more badges, then yes, you can change that, with scripting.
If you mean stuff like when groudon comes out of the lava in the cave with the evil team, then yes, that too can be edited with scripts, albeit harder ones if you don't know what you are doing.

Hope that answers some questions.
Programs: eXtreme Script Editor (XSE), unLZgba, Nameless Script Editor (NSE), Advanced Pallet Editor (APE) (If you must need it)

PROTIP, if you want an excellent XSE Guide, open XSE, and press F2, it has EVERYTHING you'll need to get started, provided you want to read it all, it's a nice hefty guide, but very informative, and important you don't skip a single step, learn to start thinking LOGICALLY, like everything you are doing is a problem, you just gotta solve it.

PROTIP 2: If you're going to end up editing graphics, use unLZgba to find the offsets of what you want to edit (if it is LZ77 Compressed, I'll get back to that). Get the offset, and make a bookmark in NSE for it, then open the bookmark, and edit to your hearts content, if a repoint is needed, you should probably make sure it will repoint to some freespace.

If the thing you wanna edit is NOT in unLZgba, that means it is NOT LZ77 compressed data, which means you gotta open it up in something like TileMolester, or TXT2GBA (I think?) TileMolester for sure, find the thing you're looking for (make sure to space and align the bytes right) and get the offset for the image there, from there, you can edit there, or edit in NSE. (NSE already comes jam packed full of juicy bookmarks for you to use, at least in Fire Red Version, Ruby wouldn't be to hard to make...)

PROTIP 3: Edit Pallets AFTER modding the graphic for win points, you can use these win points at various flame wars.
LOLJKJK, Edit the Palletes after though, since it's usually easier to put in the pallete to the graphic in the game, than to mod the pallete to the EXACT perfect pallet of the image in the bmp/png. I just find it easier IMO.

Have fun kids!
[/longpost]

Close, but no cigar. What I'm looking for is definitely similar to the example you presented "when Norman is telling you you need more badges". Let's take it one step before, when you first start talking to Norman, and then Wally barges in. What I'm trying to control is him actually walking in, not when he starts talking. Him taking steps, can I edit that?

Equin

Got it memorized?
Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2010
Is there a way to implement the Physical/Special split in Firered?
I don't personally know how, but there is a whole discussion about the specific matter in the Research and Development subforum. Sorry, but I can't post links yet, but I guess it's pretty obvious if you look into it.

EDIT: I now can. Here's the thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back